Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

I assume they reserve for the states the right to kill you?

It's gonna be good to be white, male, upper middle class, and straight for the next few years.

(I mean, even nicer than usual.)
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      22 million is the CBO's number.

One person dies for every 300-800 uninsured people, so you're looking at killing 27,500 on the low end, 73,000 on the high end.
      Hey, we need tax cuts for billionaires darnit!
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Hey, we need tax cuts for billionaires darnit!
        Can't you see that their rate is too high? it's bleeding them to death!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So the Senate pouts when the House gives them a horrid bill that would kick 23 million off health care...they spend weeks in secret trying to come up with something better and their new awesome plan kicks off 22 million!

Oh well...I got awesome insurance and live in a nice middle class suburb in a Blue State. It is going to be fun seeing all those people in the states surrounding me going to hell the next few years!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            So the Senate pouts when the House gives them a horrid bill that would kick 23 million off health care...they spend weeks in secret trying to come up with something better and their new awesome plan kicks off 22 million!

Oh well...I got awesome insurance and live in a nice middle class suburb in a Blue State. It is going to be fun seeing all those people in the states surrounding me going to hell the next few years!
            A nice Blue State until the next Governor is elected in 2018

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              ...and they added a 6 month penalty if you let your insurance lapse for 63 days. So it's basically car insurance.
              There's stuff like that now in Medicare Part D and has been for a while.
              (I manage a parent's financials.)
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                22 million is the CBO's number.

One person dies for every 300-800 uninsured people, so you're looking at killing 27,500 on the low end, 73,000 on the high end.
                Cull the herd, baby!!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Cull the herd, baby!!!
                  That's been a GOP motto for a long time. They have to be just a little bit careful with this, though, since the deep red part of the herd will be the first to get culled. That's a pretty dumb bunch of animals, though, and not likely to figure it out anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    A nice Blue State until the next Governor is elected in 2018
                    There isnt a Republican that can beat Coleman. He has St. Paul (he is their very popular mayor) and Minneapolis locked without breaking a sweat.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      There isnt a Republican that can beat Coleman. He has St. Paul (he is their very popular mayor) and Minneapolis locked without breaking a sweat.
                      And red is red. And the state has a lot of red.

So, since we've determined that Health Care has no new ideas and it's going to bankrupt everyone but the 1% what do we do about it?

Along that theme.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/o...imes&smtyp=cur

There is a structural flaw in modern capitalism. Tremendous income gains are going to those in the top 20 percent, but prospects are diminishing for those in the middle and working classes. This gigantic trend widens inequality, exacerbates social segmentation, fuels distrust and led to Donald Trump.
                      Republican politicians believe that government should tax people less. The Senate bill would eliminate the 3.8 percent tax on investment income for those making over $250,000. Republican politicians believe that open-ended entitlements should be cut. The Senate health care plan would throw 15 million people off Medicaid, according to the Congressional Budget Office. (This is the program that covers nearly 40 percent of America’s children.)
                      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 06-27-2017, 08:21 AM.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        And red is red. And the state has a lot of red.

So, since we've determined that Health Care has no new ideas and it's going to bankrupt everyone but the 1% what do we do about it?

Along that theme.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/o...imes&smtyp=cur
                        Yeah and the state still held Blue even for Hillary (though barely) so I am not too worried about it. Plus the MNGOP is pretty weak at that level.

The one saving grace of the ridiculous health care plan is that Medicaid isnt just an entitlement for dem poor Negrahs...the White population that rely on it is very high.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 06-27-2017, 08:43 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah and the state still held Blue even for Hillary (though barely) so I am not too worried about it. Plus the MNGOP is pretty weak at that level.
                          Yet they control both State Houses and are systematically destroying our financial stability.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yet they control both State Houses and are systematically destroying our financial stability.
                            And they re-elected Dayton. I can do this all day buddy.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And they re-elected Dayton. I can do this all day buddy.
                              And we reelected Tim Pawlenty. I can do this all day too.

Comment

And we reelected Tim Pawlenty. I can do this all day too.
                                You realize that doesnt prove your point though...just picking random data points doesnt mean you are right. We also voted for Gay Marriage in a statewide referendum.

Yes districts are red but the Governor is elected by total votes and the Metro is too big of a hurdle right now. Since Coleman is the very successful mayor of one of the Twin Cities (and Minneapolis aint going red) the odds are against you getting your Scott Walker wet dream. But that is an argument for another day and thread
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X