Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    I'm not sure why it is a completely separate healthcare system, however:
    Poor people don't go to the dentist. And everyone else gets dental insurance at work that covers two visits a year, which is enough to prevent most problems that lead to expensive treatment. If you could insure just your spleen I assume the rates would be pretty good.
    It's the one flaw I wish Obamacare had fixed. Add two preventative care cleanings plus x-rays for everyone. I can't even imagine the money that would save our nation.

Maybe it did. I just don't recall.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      It's the one flaw I wish Obamacare had fixed. Add two preventative care cleanings plus x-rays for everyone. I can't even imagine the money that would save our nation.

Obamacare required Dental Care, yes. Trump Care, NO.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Obamacare required Dental Care, yes. Trump Care, NO.
        Good.

Thanks for the info.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Poor people grew up not going to the dentist. It just isn't something they are going to start doing... not even on their radar.
          I know of elementary schools that include a dental clinic, I assume to try to break the habit neglecting dental health

Comment

I like that idea. Saves even more money
            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              I'm not sure why it is a completely separate healthcare system, however:
              Because dental work is largely for cosmetic or comfort purposes. If the issue is actually dangerous to your overall health, the ER can pull teeth. But you don't need teeth the way you need lungs or a liver.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                Because dental work is largely for cosmetic or comfort purposes. If the issue is actually dangerous to your overall health, the ER can pull teeth. But you don't need teeth the way you need lungs or a liver.
                That makes no sense. The dental separation comes from a time when dental work was life saving, and plastic surgeons are still considered doctors.

It looks like the doctor / dentist split was driven by internal politics and profit seeking, not substantive medical issues.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So, no vote because one guy is out sick? Really?
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That one guy is the difference. Rand Paul, Collins and Heller being firm "nos" all but destroyed Mitch's plan.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The GOP doesn't have any excuses to push through without debates, now.

This may be Mitch hoping support collapses. So much easier to run against this boogeyman forever than actually govern.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        That makes no sense. The dental separation comes from a time when dental work was life saving, and plastic surgeons are still considered doctors.
                        Dentists are still considered doctors too, but the point we were discussing of was whether they should be covered under traditional health insurance, and cosmetic surgery isn't.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Dentists are still considered doctors too, but the point we were discussing of was whether they should be covered under traditional health insurance, and cosmetic surgery isn't.
                          Oh, OK. I was one argument back in time.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

It looks like the doctor / dentist split was driven by internal politics and profit seeking, not substantive medical issues.
                            An abcessed tooth is a life threatening condition.
                            Code:

Comment

Dude. He's not out sick, it's a pretty serious condition. Don't stoop man.
                              Code:

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC88948/

Comment

Working...
                                X