Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

CBO confirms that straight repeal with no replace will cause 32 million to lose insurance. DO IT!!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Repeal NOW. Replace LATER.

DEAD.

Took less than 18 hours.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/u...imes&smtyp=cur
      Wow. Murkowski grew a spine... maybe.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        CBO confirms that straight repeal with no replace will cause 32 million to lose insurance. DO IT!!
        Can you imagine? Lose your insurance, then get accused of a crime that you didn't do- and thanks to sessions, the police can confiscate whatever you have left! So much MAGA

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Can you imagine? Lose your insurance, then get accused of a crime that you didn't do- and thanks to sessions, the police can confiscate whatever you have left! So much MAGA
          I know that is definitely the America The Founders envisioned!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Of course feel bad for McCain and I'm not just saying that because it sounds like a death sentence if he indeed has the same kind of cancer Ted Kennedy had, but I can't see them advancing anything without him there despite this late night meeting idiocy called by Trump. Collins won't vote for any of it and neither will Rand Paul. That tops it off at 49 Senators regardless. Anything that appeals to either Paul or Collins will push a dozen people off the cliff on the other end.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Of course feel bad for McCain and I'm not just saying that because it sounds like a death sentence if he indeed has the same kind of cancer Ted Kennedy had, but I can't see them advancing anything without him there despite this late night meeting idiocy called by Trump. Collins won't vote for any of it and neither will Rand Paul. That tops it off at 49 Senators regardless. Anything that appeals to either Paul or Collins will push a dozen people off the cliff on the other end.
              They all campaigned for repeal. Voted for repeal when there was no possibility of repeal. Now that repeal is possible, they enact the Brave, brave Sir Robin defense.

Cowards.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                They all campaigned for repeal. Voted for repeal when there was no possibility of repeal. Now that repeal is possible, they enact the Brave, brave Sir Robin defense.

Cowards.
                Serious question, though. Does this in any way change your voting going forward?

If the GOP can keep pulling away the football, but Charlie Brown keeps on sticking by them...
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Serious question, though. Does this in any way change your voting going forward?

If the GOP can keep pulling away the football, but Charlie Brown keeps on sticking by them...
                  Best analogy yet.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I know that is definitely the America The Founders envisioned!
                    To be honest, if this is happening to the Poors it kinda is...
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Cowards.
                      I agree but do the math. 52 Goopers - 1 in McCain being ill - 1 in Collins who voted against repeal last time so at least she's being consistent. That means no margin of error and a coalition that's relying on self serving jack@zzes like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Ron Johnson, among others, for the winning vote. Good luck with that....
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Kep

Depends on who is running. And we'd have to first elect a Republican in Maryland for me to vote them out.

For the record, I'm voting to retain Hogan as governor.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          To be honest, if this is happening to the Poors it kinda is...
                          Problem is it isnt just happening to the Poors...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I agree but do the math. 52 Goopers - 1 in McCain being ill - 1 in Collins who voted against repeal last time so at least she's being consistent. That means no margin of error and a coalition that's relying on self serving jack@zzes like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, and Ron Johnson, among others, for the winning vote. Good luck with that....
                            Dont forget Dean Heller wont vote straight repeal either. He is up for re-election and he will get destroyed if he does. The issues with Medicaid alone make it impossible for him.

Even WITH McCain at best they could win with a Pence vote (and that would take a miracle to even get to 50) but with McCain out they have zero chance.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

7 Years and NOT A SINGLE ****ING NEW IDEA.

But, they've been very successful at what they do. And what they do is funnel money to the 1%. They are fantastic at it and Democrats let them get away with it.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                7 Years and NOT A SINGLE ****ING NEW IDEA.

But, they've been very successful at what they do. And what they do is funnel money to the 1%. They are fantastic at it and Democrats let them get away with it.
                                Because the Democrats are terrified of going against the 1%. They have to do much the same due to Citizens United. Bernie managed a grass roots effort, but where do you get 30 Senators and 100 Reps using grass roots?
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X