Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Finally someone puts this in words simple folk like you and me can understand: https://www.vo*****/policy-and-polit...graham-cassidy
    That exchange is amazing. He confirmed the only reason they are passing this is because if they dont they will get voted out in the midterms...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This breaks it down pretty well...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/20/gop-...re-repeal.html

So, yes Texas makes out like a bandit, but a lot of other red states are going to be ponying up to make that happen.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The party of spite.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Soon it will be, Obama who?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Some would say party of smite.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              This breaks it down pretty well...

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/20/gop-...re-repeal.html

So, yes Texas makes out like a bandit, but a lot of other red states are going to be ponying up to make that happen.
              So lets see, last time they lost because Murkowski, McCain and Collins all voted no. Collins is against the bill because Maine loses a billion, Arizona loses 11 billion and Alaska loses a billion. They figure this will pass how exactly?
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                So lets see, last time they lost because Murkowski, McCain and Collins all voted no. Collins is against the bill because Maine loses a billion, Arizona loses 11 billion and Alaska loses a billion. They figure this will pass how exactly?
                Because if they don't repeal *something*, they'll all get primaried.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Maybe they should repeal their repeal

I mean the strategy behind this isnt chess, it isnt checkers...hell it isnt even Candyland. To paraphrase Dell Griffith in Planes Trains and Automobiles "They have a better chance of playing pickup sticks with their buttcheeks than getting this to pass" (RIP John Candy)
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Ha! McCain is gonna die, Murkowski has five years (and can win despite being primaried), and... I don't know about Collins.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Ha! McCain is gonna die, Murkowski has five years (and can win despite being primaried), and... I don't know about Collins.
                      There is talk that Collins is going to run for Governor anyway. I doubt she votes to repeal
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Can someone explain something to me, please?

I was listening to Ron Johnson (Senator from Wisconsin) on Morning Joe this morning. He's one of the sponsor's of the bill. He stated more than once that the Premiums that doubled and tripled for folks like myself was all "wasted" and that this bill fixes that. What does he mean by wasted? Where did the money go?

I don't see how it's responsible for someone in power to say something like that and not explain where the money went.

EDIT: This link I post without comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/a...imes&smtyp=cur
                        Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 09-21-2017, 08:37 AM.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Can someone explain something to me, please?

I was listening to Ron Johnson (Senator from Wisconsin) on Morning Joe this morning. He's one of the sponsor's of the bill. He stated more than once that the Premiums that doubled and tripled for folks like myself was all "wasted" and that this bill fixes that. What does he mean by wasted? Where did the money go?

I don't see how it's responsible for someone in power to say something like that and not explain where the money went.

EDIT: This link I post without comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/21/a...imes&smtyp=cur
                          Obviously, tbe premiums went to the insurance companies. What they did with them is a good question.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Obviously, tbe premiums went to the insurance companies. What they did with them is a good question.
                            My understanding is that the Obamacare law states that ~85% of premiums have to be paid out in care. If that's true then what exactly is the waste? If it's not true then why aren't the offenders being prosecuted?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              My understanding is that the Obamacare law states that ~85% of premiums have to be paid out in care. If that's true then what exactly is the waste? If it's not true then why aren't the offenders being prosecuted?
                              When executing a complex process, how much of the 85% went to additional overhead costs, assuming there were additional paper-pusher costs? Also, can those paper costs be built into that 85% figure?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                When executing a complex process, how much of the 85% went to additional overhead costs, assuming there were additional paper-pusher costs? Also, can those paper costs be built into that 85% figure?
                                No.

The 85% goes to the hospital/Doctor/service_provider. The insurance company gets 15%. To eliminate the 15% of waste we should eliminate the insurance company. As for whether or not there is waste in the 85% that's the insurance company's only job right now. If they're failing that then they don't deserve the 15% they're getting.

In other words. I still do not understand Ron Johnson's premise. Or the entire Republican premise for that matter. As usual they're not living in reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X