Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The release is Friday, the CBO scoring is Monday.

People are taking bets on how many more million the Cruz Amendment will murder.
    Did he move it? It was supposed to be today.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

http://www.businessinsider.com/ted-c...ditions-2017-7

This is the new great idea? Pushing everyone with a health care need into high risk? So those who don't use Health Care get cheap insurance, everyone else be dammed? Thank you, Ted Cruz, you ****tard.

One attempt to attract conservative holdouts to the new version of the Better Care Reconciliation Act will be the addition of a provision introduced by Sen. Ted Cruz and supported by fellow Republican Sen. Mike Lee. The amendment would allow insurers to provide plans that do not comply with two major regulations of the ACA: community rating and essential health benefits. Cruz and Lee have pushed it as a way to bring down premiums and open up choice in the individual market.
      But an analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation, a nonpartisan health-policy think tank, said the amendment could cause the cost of plans that complied with those regulations to skyrocket, as only those who were sick and needed the more generous coverage would buy them.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Did he move it? It was supposed to be today.
        It looks like Mitch backed down and is including Cruz' poison pill.

That has got to send the moderates up for re-election scurrying for the exits, so my theory is Mitch has had enough. He'll let the scoring come out and be horrific, mumble some empty platitudes, release the moderates to vote against it, and let it fail next Tuesday. Then he can say August recess is back on and go home. Repeal will have failed so the constituents won't have to worry anymore and he can tell the fire breathers that he tried but the votes just weren't there. He can blame it on the Democrats or Obama or George Soros or whoever the orcs have a hate-on for that day.

And then when they come back this fall he can move on to the 1% tax cut and make his paymasters happy.

Because he is getting that tax cut. That's all the RNC is about. The rest of this has been pure theater. He will have to bump the tax cut even farther in order to compensate for not getting the tax cut part of DontCare. Maybe he'll even throw in zeroing out the inheritance tax for billionaires.
        Last edited by Kepler; 07-13-2017, 09:58 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well now the "moderates" have a chance to show they arent the lapdogs we all think they are. If they vote for this they are just as bad as the nutjobs they pretend they fight against.

Personally...I say pass it! We wont need another Civil War The South will die off in 3 generations anyways.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If you're looking to pass a bill, it always helps to tailor it to the whims of the most hated man (Cruz) in the Senate!

But, I say pass the bill baby! 'Bout time Republican voters and non-voters take it in the shorts for their decisions.

Having said that, if this fails I can see 60 votes for a bill that shores up the insurance markets while getting rid of the medical device tax which nobody likes and also allows policies to be sold across state lines which is a nothing proposal but doesn't hurt anything. Not sure Weasel Paul Ryan will take that up but if he does one would think Pelosi will get her caucus on board meaning only a handful of Goopers would be needed to pass it into law. Not sure what Trump will do with that however...
            Last edited by Rover; 07-13-2017, 01:50 PM.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Did Dean Heller run over Rand Paul's dog?

I know why you do this if you're Collins. But Paul doesn't need this as much as Heller, and Paul just clamped his balls in a vice, gave it two quick turns, and then said "your move."
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                If you're looking to pass a bill, it always helps to tailor it to the whims of the most hated man (Cruz) in the Senate!
                Not exactly from Sam Rayburn's playbook, yeah.

"You have to understand that I like Ted Cruz probably more than my colleagues like Ted Cruz, and I hate Ted Cruz." -- Al Franken
                The only real way to save Heller on this is for there to be a half dozen defections so he gets lost in the crowd. Man, somebody in that caucus really must hate him.
                Cornell University

Comment

The only real way to save Heller on this is for there to be a half dozen defections so he gets lost in the crowd. Man, somebody in that caucus really must hate him.
                  If it looks like its going down, Heller is going to be lost in the crowd as you say because the nutters are going to want credit. Think of that appointed Senator (appropriately named Strange) in Alabama who has to face a primary election soon for example. True loons are going to claim it doesn't go far enough as cover for voting against it and there's a lot of them to choose from (Ernst, Lee, Rubio, either of the Oklahoma basketcases etc).

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

They ran on straight repeal. What they should have done is put straight repeal on the floor and let their members live or die with it. They also could not do that through reconciliation which would have been perfect fodder cause they could have forced the Democrats to filibuster it since without reconciliation they would've needed the 60 votes. That would have allowed them to continue to run on the issue forever.

How Mitch and Ryan decided this cluster **** was the best idea is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      If it looks like its going down, Heller is going to be lost in the crowd as you say because the nutters are going to want credit. Think of that appointed Senator (appropriately named Strange) in Alabama who has to face a primary election soon for example. True loons are going to claim it doesn't go far enough as cover for voting against it and there's a lot of them to choose from (Ernst, Lee, Rubio, either of the Oklahoma basketcases etc).
                      Are there really folks on record saying that even with Cruz it isn't radical enough? What do they want, debtors prisons and a return to the traditional doctrine of the humors?
                      Cornell University

Comment

Are there really folks on record saying that even with Cruz it isn't radical enough? What do they want, debtors prisons and a return to the traditional doctrine of the humors?
                        They should just go back to bankruptcy for those who choose chronic illness. It's natural selection. Just like Capitalism and being in the 1%. I don't understand why this is so hard for them?

Comment

Yes, Rand Paul for one.

Comment

You libs are all big on the theory of natural selection when it is used as a tool against christianity.

Comment

Historically, does anyone know how dentists got such a sweet deal compared to doctors? Somehow when everyone complains about "healthcare this" or "health insurance that" it never includes dentistry. They weren't affected in the slightest by PPACA, they have their own separate insurance plans, no one seems to complain that dental costs are rising too fast or that poor people are denied dental coverage by heartless evil rich white male bigots.....

I'm genuinely curious; if anyone knows something about how and when dentistry split off from medicine and became its own separate little fiefdom, I'd like to hear more. Thanks.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                Historically, does anyone know how dentists got such a sweet deal compared to doctors? Somehow when everyone complains about "healthcare this" or "health insurance that" it never includes dentistry. They weren't affected in the slightest by PPACA, they have their own separate insurance plans, no one seems to complain that dental costs are rising too fast or that poor people are denied dental coverage by heartless evil rich white male bigots.....

I'm genuinely curious; if anyone knows something about how and when dentistry split off from medicine and became its own separate little fiefdom, I'd like to hear more. Thanks.
                                Excellent points. No idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X