Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Most Trumpsters don't think they're going to lose their healthcare under this plan. Even if they do it's fine, because they're sticking it to "the lazy freeloaders who don't work", and the AHCA will allow them to buy a better plan directly from the insurance companies. That is what they believe.

So, the Congresscritters in this predicament are likely more damned if they don't vote for this turd, than if they do.
    Well, it's almost impossible for them because the Trumpies will kill them if they oppose Trump, but they might also kill them when the reality of Trumpcare hits them.

If I were a GOP backbencher I would still pass it. When the sh-t hits the fan there is an entire right wing noise machine to blame it on liberals, feminists, and minorities.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Although it is an excuse. The thing is, the leadership and Trump need something they can call a win, but the rank and file have to worry about getting sh-tcanned by their voters when they all lose their health insurance. What better reason to "after much agonizing thought I must regretfully..." buck the party than because you "can not stand idly by while our great, great American people are denied life-saving" payola?

I assume this sort of scenario is replicated across the entire GOP caucus and it only takes four "country over party" (in reality, "self over everything") gestures to stop El Stinko Care in its tracks.
      Yeah dont hold your breathe. The House GOP caved (despite the fallout in '18) and the Senate GOP will cave even faster since most of them dont actually have to worry about getting re-elected. This bill is passing and no amount of hopiness is going to change that. They want their tax cut, they want their win. This is both and half of America will love them for it. The funny thing is half of that half cant afford to love them for it...

But hey Cletus can get his cheap coverage that covers nothing...someone should show these people the map of states/counties who will get hurt the most. Us Liberal Elitists wont be the ones crying and our hearts wont be bleeding for the Red Staters.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        someone should show these people the map of states/counties who will get hurt the most. Us Liberal Elitists wont be the ones crying and our hearts wont be bleeding for the Red Staters.
        A lot of innocent people are going to get hurt, too. The Republicans are like warmongers. They're not the only ones who die in the carnage they unleash.

But as with war it looks like the country needs a lesson every ten years. Republicans keep getting elected with the same rhetoric, and they keep failing and hurting people, and then people recoil... for a decade, tops. And then we do it again.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When all the rural hospitals and nursing homes disappear the Republicans will find a way to blame it on the Democrats. And it will work. It always does.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            ... and then people recoil... for a decade, tops. And then we do it again.
            The pendulum swing of politics.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Another BS thesis. The pendulum on tax policy hasn't swung back in 37 years. The pendulum on medical policy hasn't swung for 45 years. Or, it's probably more like it swings from the middle right, back to the middle, then right, etc, etc. Never swinging left.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Another BS thesis. The pendulum on tax policy hasn't swung back in 37 years. The pendulum on medical policy hasn't swung for 45 years. Or, it's probably more like it swings from the middle right, back to the middle, then right, etc, etc. Never swinging left.
                The arc of the swing isn't the same size or speed for all events, Scooby. After the personal income tax was put into place, it took a long time for it to drop to Reagan's levels. It'll take a long time for them to go back up, too.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's going to pass. And here's why.

This is the most truthful Republican Senator I've seen quoted in a long time.

Vox’s Sarah Kliff attended an event last week and heard a candid remark from an unnamed Republican member of Congress.

“The way I look at is there is no question we’re getting inundated with calls and emails and protests. There is all this energy and anger on the left. The people who lost are the ones who are angry. We won the entire elected government. So I remind my staff after a long day of hostile calls, it was less than six months we got more votes than a person on the other side in [my state]. The people who voted for me are still out there.”
                  https://www.vo*****/health-care/2017...-protest-quote

Comment

The pendulum is supposed to swing in response to the success or failure of the party in power.

The last successful Republican administration was Eisenhower's.

If rationality played any part at all, we would not have had a Republican administration after Nixon and his criminals were driven from the capitol. Yet not only have we had them -- it's been the same criminals returning after failing upwards.

That at least is one thing to be said for Trump. His criminals are a break in personality, albeit not in policy, from prior Republican criminality.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Rationality?
                      Rationality!?!?!

The pendulum swing is controlled by the current mood of a rancorous and capricious American electorate.
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Good. Let it pass. The Dems should shut up about it and just vote no. Their rhetoric is going nowhere. Let the people reap what they sow they deserve it.

Then, the Blue States should follow Nevada's lead and just pass their own coverage plan and make sure their people are happy. States Rights baby! Elections have consequences and this time we need to let the bill come due on the Red States. They want to protect their right to be poor, dumb, bigoted and unhealthy (which of course they have) and we want to protect our right to never have to deal with nor help them. We will continue our high standard of living...they can scrape by and be miserable.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Good. Let it pass. The Dems should shut up about it and just vote no. Their rhetoric is going nowhere. Let the people reap what they sow they deserve it.

Then, the Blue States should follow Nevada's lead and just pass their own coverage plan and make sure their people are happy. States Rights baby! Elections have consequences and this time we need to let the bill come due on the Red States. They want to protect their right to be poor, dumb, bigoted and unhealthy (which of course they have) and we want to protect our right to never have to deal with nor help them. We will continue our high standard of living...they can scrape by and be miserable.
                          Yup. There was some article about people in Kentucky worried about their Medicaid being tied to working, when there are few jobs available in their county. Most of the people they talked to didn't vote last year. Oh well, people. There's a cost for inaction too.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

a rancorous and capricious American electorate
                            That was the name of my college band.
                            Cornell University

Comment

22 million is the CBO's number.

One person dies for every 300-800 uninsured people, so you're looking at killing 27,500 on the low end, 73,000 on the high end.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

...and they added a 6 month penalty if you let your insurance lapse for 63 days. So it's basically car insurance.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X