Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Bull****. Guilt by leadership. Deutsche nailed it he led by example. He's the king of the **** ups.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Because he didn't stamp out the Cro-Magnon wing of the party when they rose up. He is to blame.
      The rot had already progressed too far. Boehner could have put down the orcs by building cross-party with Obama and the Dems, but Rush and Fox and those morons had already burned that ground for 20 years.

If anybody is to blame, other than that scum I mean, it's Newt. Newt is a B minus student but that makes him a towering genius among Republicans, and he should have seen the writing on the wall when they couldn't stop The Sorcerer's Apprentice to save themselves in 96. But he was weak and cowardly, the way conservatives have been for 30 years now, so he let the rot get a good hold on the party. And so what happened to the Dems in 68 is happening now to the GOP, and for the same reason: you can't civilize the Dixiecrats. If you take them on board you have to keep them in the stable and beat them once a day and twice on Sunday. It's all they can understand.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        The rot had already progressed too far. Boehner could have put down the orcs by building cross-party with Obama and the Dems, but Rush and Fox and those morons had already burned that ground for 20 years.

If anybody is to blame, other than that scum I mean, it's Newt. Newt is a B minus student but that makes him a towering genius among Republicans, and he should have seen the writing on the wall when they couldn't stop The Sorcerer's Apprentice to save themselves in 96. But he was weak and cowardly, the way conservatives have been for 30 years now, so he let the rot get a good hold on the party. And so what happened to the Dems in 68 is happening now to the GOP, and for the same reason: you can't civilize the Dixiecrats. If you take them on board you have to keep them in the stable and beat them once a day and twice on Sunday. It's all they can understand.
        See my post above, and also my post in the potus thread!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Yertle the Turtle is guilty by association.
          Uh, uh. Yertle is the Destroyer of Worlds.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Nevada closing in on Medicaid for all for universal access to insurance. Bad news: Republican governor needs to sign it. Good news: western state, so potential sanity.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Meanwhile epi-pen still cost too much despite Senators holding hearings on it when the outrage happened.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Meanwhile epi-pen still cost too much despite Senators holding hearings on it when the outrage happened.
                Hearings only matter for a week or so. They need a cute 8-10 year old blond haired girl in the Midwest to die because she couldnt afford the Epi-Pen...then they will "care" again.

And the Liberals are just as much to blame...its why I will never support sellouts like Booker.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Hearings only matter for a week or so. They need a cute 8-10 year old blond haired girl in the Midwest to die because she couldnt afford the Epi-Pen...then they will "care" again.

And the Liberals are just as much to blame...its why I will never support sellouts like Booker.
                  Yes, but he's still better than yesterday any Republican right now.

Comment

Nevada closing in on Medicaid for all for universal access to insurance. Bad news: Republican governor needs to sign it. Good news: western state, so potential sanity.
                    I like it. This is what Dems should be pushing for right now. Looking back on the lessons learned from the ACA this is how the program should continue to transition. In fact it should be one of the main or even only policy issue they run on in 2018 in state contests beyond the obvious "Trump Sucks!!!" strategy. Best part is you really don't need a federal law to enact these changes.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Yes, but he's still better than yesterday any Republican right now.
                      Oh goody...no offense but that means nothing to me. Booker is great in his role but if the Dems put him up for President they will have another Clinton like debacle on their hands. (made only worse because he is Black so the Obama Derp will be back) You dont get to talk about how much you care about Health Care and support a guy who sold out Health Care.

You always talk about how you want True Believers out of the GOP...well I want that from the Dems. I want someone who wont sell out their values because it doesnt poll high or because Big Pharma donated money to their campaign. If I want to vote for corporate shills and sellouts I would vote Republican...at least they dont hide that they would sell their mothers for a $10k donation.

(and yes I would obviously "do the right thing" but plenty of people wouldnt)
                      Last edited by Handyman; 06-06-2017, 11:48 AM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I like it. This is what Dems should be pushing for right now. Looking back on the lessons learned from the ACA this is how the program should continue to transition. In fact it should be one of the main or even only policy issue they run on in 2018 in state contests beyond the obvious "Trump Sucks!!!" strategy. Best part is you really don't need a federal law to enact these changes.
                        Agreed completely.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          For now, yes, I agree.

The eventual solution is a federal program. My health insurance shouldn't depend upon my state. Hell, the eventual solution is global coverage -- nation-states have outlived their usefulness. But it's hard enough fighting the apes over federalism. We'll need a global themonuclear war for 1WG to get anywhere.
                          Cornell University

Comment

For now, yes, I agree.

The eventual solution is a federal program. My health insurance shouldn't depend upon my state. Hell, the eventual solution is global coverage -- nation-states have outlived their usefulness. But it's hard enough fighting the apes over federalism. We'll need a global themonuclear war for 1WG to get anywhere.
                            No it shouldnt...but at the same time the Blue States will continue to do well and the Red States will crash and burn. This is what they want (STATES RIGHTS!) so lets give it to them. Sooner or later it will hit critical mass and it will go Federal.

Beat them at their own game...
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No it shouldnt...but at the same time the Blue States will continue to do well and the Red States will crash and burn. This is what they want (STATES RIGHTS!) so lets give it to them. Sooner or later it will hit critical mass and it will go Federal.

Beat them at their own game...
                              I am all for states rights. I'm tired of carrying the south. Cut them loose. They will economically and socially nuke themselves.

(graphic is percentage of population living in poverty, src: U.S. Census Bureau's 2005 American Community Survey via WSJ)
                              Last edited by Kepler; 06-06-2017, 11:57 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Oh goody...no offense but that means nothing to me. Booker is great in his role but if the Dems put him up for President they will have another Clinton like debacle on their hands. (made only worse because he is Black so the Obama Derp will be back) You dont get to talk about how much you care about Health Care and support a guy who sold out Health Care.

You always talk about how you want True Believers out of the GOP...well I want that from the Dems. I want someone who wont sell out their values because it doesnt poll high or because Big Pharma donated money to their campaign. If I want to vote for corporate shills and sellouts I would vote Republican...at least they dont hide that they would sell their mothers for a $10k donation.

(and yes I would obviously "do the right thing" but plenty of people wouldnt)
                                Exactly why Trump is in office. You did the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X