Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Congress just allowed the Children’s Health Insurance Program, which provided low-cost health insurance to 9 million children, to expire.

If action is not taken soon to restore the funding, the effects will become obvious in schools across the country, with many of the children in the program unable to see a doctor for routine checkups, immunizations, visits when sick and other services.

The program, created under a 1997 law passed with bipartisan support during the administration of President Bill Clinton, provided coverage for children in families with low and moderate incomes as well as to pregnant women. It was instrumental in lowering the percentage of children who were uninsured from nearly 14 percent when it started to 4.5 percent in 2015. It was last reauthorized in 2015 and was due to be renewed by Sept. 30, 2017.

Amid unsuccessful efforts to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, the Republican-led Congress allowed the CHIP deadline to pass without action.
    Yeah, **** Congress.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f269500029ff
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Congress just allowed the Children’s Health Insurance Program, which provided low-cost health insurance to 9 million children, to expire.
    The white poor would have prevented this by voting Democratic. They did not.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Yep, still here

Technically, they have somewhere between the end of the year and March 2018, depending on the states to reauthorize it.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Technically, they have somewhere between the end of the year and March 2018, depending on the states to reauthorize it.
    Or the states could actually take charge of it, instead of this inefficient national stuff. That's the whole point, but not surprising that the Washington [com]Post would spin it to make brainwashed morons think it's not possible without a huge oppressive central government.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The white poor would have prevented this by voting Democratic. They did not.
    just think of it as post-birth abortion. pro-choice. repubs finally coming around
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    just think of it as post-birth abortion. pro-choice. repubs finally coming around
    It may just be long game suicide. If I were they I wouldn't want to live either.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

According to andy slavitt twitter, trump signs exec order tomorrow re the ACA

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    *raises fist*

"Fck the poor!"

Just a boring user.

It would be interesting to see the actual value of these new lower cost plans. I'd bet that they are far lower value to cost vs. the ACA requirement.

So the consumer gets less for their $$ but the insurance company will get more. Win-win. For the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    It would be interesting to see the actual value of these new lower cost plans. I'd bet that they are far lower value to cost vs. the ACA requirement.

So the consumer gets less for their $$ but the insurance company will get more. Win-win. For the wrong people.
    Correct. Or, another way to put it, don't get diagnosed with anything serious on the new Trump plans.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Correct. Or, another way to put it, don't get diagnosed with anything serious on the new Trump plans.
    Let's hope all those Trumpers leap at these MAGA plans. You might get 10% to actually admit they're wrong after the insurance bankrupts them
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

I'm not sure anything will actually happen here. If you could set up healthcare via a one page executive order, one would think someone would have thought of that already? Sounds like a nothing gesture to get headlines but time will tell. Not sure how quickly you can get this up and running however.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post

we need fidel castro to come here and nationalize the health ins industry
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

He's cutting the CSR payments. This will cause premiums to rise.

Wonder who all the red state mouth breathers will blame

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...ayments-report

Barry

"The Halfrican", "Obola", "Zero", etc. of course. As if that's even a question.

What a ****tard.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Works for me! Until people actually suffer the consequences of voting GOP (or not voting) they're never going to change. Take it in the shorts, suckers!
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

A lot of innocent people are going to be hurt, too, but it is gratifying that Dump's supporters will be among the people hurt most by this.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    A lot of innocent people are going to be hurt, too, but it is gratifying that Dump's supporters will be among the people hurt most by this.
    I have said it a dozen times since January...I want to care but I dont.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information