Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051
Results 1,001 to 1,002 of 1002

Thread: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Just a boring user.

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Seems like as a country, we need to convince Republicans that liberals will really hate it if they all ate a lot of sugar, and smoked a lot. Let Coke and Winston sponsor the next convention.

Combine that with the plan for healthcare that's the best that dump can come up with, and we can get rid of a lot of republican voters very naturally.

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Not only that, but evidently this person thinks income tax is the only way the government gets money. How did the country survive for ~125 years prior to 1913?
    No social security. No public welfare. No big corporate farms providing a consistent supply of food. No public schooling beyond about 8th grade. No interstate highway system. No air/seaports. Greatly reduced interstate and international commerce. No real healthcare - illnesses and deaths were largely viewed as "God's will". A military that got by on state militias and the hunting rifles of soldiers. In short - a poorer, dumber, more rural population, that tended to die much younger. OK for 1817, not so great in 2017.

But yeah, what have taxes ever done for society?
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Thread Information