Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    You don't think a lot of the 'deplorables' are poor as well? I think my comment in a lot of ways goes back to the WSJ article I referenced a few weeks ago about rural areas being the new inner city. Read that and get back to me.
    Oh, change the subject, quickly and don't answer the question.

here's what you actually said:

I think Republicans need to acknowledge there is an element in the party that is very undesirable. In a lot of respects, it is equivalent to the inner city welfare crowd that always go for democrats.
    Dude, what makes YOUR deplorables deplorable is that the are so xenophobic and racist. And THAT is what I'm pointing out. YOU are the one who think there's some kind of connection with inner city welfare people.

Tell me again, HOW are your deplorables at all related to inner city welfare recipients?

There are plenty of your deplorables that are not poor.

Nice try, sparky.
    Last edited by alfablue; 07-28-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Oh, change the subject, quickly and don't answer the question.

here's what you actually said:

Dude, what makes YOUR deplorables deplorable is that the are so xenophobic and racist. And THAT is what I'm pointing out. YOU are the one who think there's some kind of connection with inner city welfare people.

Tell me again, HOW are your deplorables at all related to inner city welfare recipients?

There are plenty of your deplorables that are not poor.

Nice try, sparky.
      Does being racist and xenophobic make one poor or does being poor make one racist and xenophobic? I came from an area that is poor/rural and likely has a fair number of deplorables. I would argue the vast majority are victims of circumstance, much like the poor inner city crowd. In any case, neither group should be driving political policy.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        McCain is dying and will be replaced by either some bot-like replacement
        Yep. Health care will happen in the weeks after he dies. As soon as the Governor (or whatever process they use) replaces him. And Governor Ducey doesn't seem to be a guy who would be interested in putting a moderate in that seat. I have even less faith in their legislature.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Does being racist and xenophobic make one poor or does being poor make one racist and xenophobic? I came from an area that is poor/rural and likely has a fair number of deplorables. I would argue the vast majority are victims of circumstance, much like the poor inner city crowd. In any case, neither group should be driving political policy.
          What are you talking about? I'm not the one connecting R deploables with the inner city welfare crowd.

You DO NOT HAVE TO BE POOR to be xenophobic and racist. And THAT is what makes your unwanted voters unwanted.

So how is that at all, remotely, related to the inner city welfare crowd for the Democrats???? Can you just answer that question??? Is it really that hard?

Comment

Both parties want to think they represent the center. Lets agree that it has ebbed and flowed the last 25 years.

I think Republicans need to acknowledge there is an element in the party that is very undesirable. In a lot of respects, it is equivalent to the inner city welfare crowd that always go for democrats. You're completely right that the decent people in both parties need to take charge for the good of the country. It seems like post 9/11 we've completely lost our way.
            So we can prevent you from back pedaling too far, here's the original thread. Where there's an element of undesirables in the republican party, and that they are somehow equivalent to the inner city welfare crowd for democrats.

How is that, exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              So we can prevent you from back pedaling too far, here's the original thread. Where there's an element of undesirables in the republican party, and that they are somehow equivalent to the inner city welfare crowd for democrats.

How is that, exactly?
              They're both putting their perceived self interests ahead of the country, and to a large degree voting brainlessly. Look at some of the crazy spreads in different areas during the last election. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think both groups have a lot more in common than people would expect.

Upon a bit of reflection, my post was harsh on both groups. Unfortunately both groups are likely more victims of circumstance than anything else. I think as a country it's imperative we help people at the margins get on a better path or we're in serious trouble down the road. Can you feel bad for someone but still give them a kick up the backside? It seems like that is what a lot of people in this country need.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                McCain is dying and will be replaced by either some bot-like replacement or a Democrat.
                I believe the law in Arizona is that the Governor has to appoint someone of the same party affiliation as outgoing senator.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  Sure. And when sports announcers refer to some players as scrappy and others as athletic, those also have no racial connotations, either.
                  Wait, what?
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Either way tom Brady is a cheater
                    GLA! a
                    Code:

Comment

They're both putting their perceived self interests ahead of the country, and to a large degree voting brainlessly. Look at some of the crazy spreads in different areas during the last election. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think both groups have a lot more in common than people would expect.

Upon a bit of reflection, my post was harsh on both groups. Unfortunately both groups are likely more victims of circumstance than anything else. I think as a country it's imperative we help people at the margins get on a better path or we're in serious trouble down the road. Can you feel bad for someone but still give them a kick up the backside? It seems like that is what a lot of people in this country need.
                      You really think that? All inner city welfare people are selfish and vote brainlessly? wow.

And you mention that you have an area that is undesirable. I can assure you that democrats do not see the inner city welfare crowd as undesirable- in fact, democrats want to help them, so want to include them. Very much so.

IMHO, the "inner city crowd" vote for the party that gives a crap about them. And tries to help them.

Again, there's nothing wrong with the "inner city crowd". Nothing. Most of them just want to work and make a living, just like you and me. And just like there are serial abusers in large corporations for tax cuts, there are serial abusers of welfare. But given how crappy of a life you can eek out on welfare, I seriously doubt that people actually want to be there.

No way in hell do I want to think of "inner city welfare crowd" as undesirable.

OTOH, racist xenophobes, yea, that's undesirable.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Either way tom Brady is a cheater
                        Some truths are universal, and unite the entire world (outside of Boston, anyway, which is kind of it's own planet)

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Wait, what?
                          Really?

Scrappy = white
                          Athletic = black

Mainly applies to baseball, but also can be regularly heard in basketball. That Princeton team is so scrappy, but Florida Gulf Coast is one athletic bunch.

Comment

Really?

Scrappy = white
                            Athletic = black

Mainly applies to baseball, but also can be regularly heard in basketball. That Princeton team is so scrappy, but Florida Gulf Coast is one athletic bunch.
                            I've never noticed that. What's the implication here?

Sorry for being dense.
                            Code:

Comment

Really?

Scrappy = white
                              Athletic = black

Poised = white
                              Lackadaisical = black

But the all-time great is "natural athlete." Darryl Strawberry was a natural athlete. Too bad at times he seemed so lackadaisical.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I've never noticed that. What's the implication here?

Sorry for being dense.
                                Drew referred to "inner city," which is similar code for black people.

Comment

Working...
                                X