Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    All 3 of whom were "The Heir Apparent". Just like Bob Dole and John McCain as well.
    John Kerry wasn't.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      John Kerry wasn't.
      Outside of Edwards I dont know anyone who even put up a fight against Kerry. As far as I remember it was pretty obvious he was going to win but that was a log time ago now so I may be wrong.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Outside of Edwards I dont know anyone who even put up a fight against Kerry. As far as I remember it was pretty obvious he was going to win but that was a log time ago now so I may be wrong.
        Howard Dean had a big, big lead in national polls heading into the Iowa caucus. But their campaign operation in Iowa was a disaster and finishing third there basically ended his campaign. Nobody really challenged Kerry after that.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

All 3 of whom were "The Heir Apparent". Just like Bob Dole and John McCain as well.
          Bob Dole was a nice guy who was the sacrificial lamb against the Clinton buzz saw. The only way Dole could have won was to make Clinton's character the issue. He didn't and got slaughtered.

McCain was 2 elections too late. The country was not a fan of Bush43 and wanted something different. BHO was completely different. Plus, whomever foisted Palin into the #2 spot deserved a big bonus check from the DNC.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Oh yeah Howard Dean...he was the other guy that year and he shot himself in the foot. He was better as Chair anyways.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oh yeah Howard Dean...he was the other guy that year and he shot himself in the foot. He was better as Chair anyways.
              Do you honestly think Dean or Edwards would have won? They essentially had no one who would win that election and that election had a lot of wind blowing the Democrats direction.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Bob Dole was a nice guy who was the sacrificial lamb against the Clinton buzz saw. The only way Dole could have won was to make Clinton's character the issue. He didn't and got slaughtered.

McCain was 2 elections too late. The country was not a fan of Bush43 and wanted something different. BHO was completely different. Plus, whomever foisted Palin into the #2 spot deserved a big bonus check from the DNC.
                Dole was not quite the honorable boy scout he is now portrayed as. He was not above dirty politicking (no successful pol is), and there was an extremely well organized campaign to smear Clinton right from the start.

But you nailed it on the rest. McCain's moment was 2000, but Rove's lies destroyed him in SC.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Do you honestly think Dean or Edwards would have won? They essentially had no one who would win that election and that election had a lot of wind blowing the Democrats direction.
                  No...that election was awful. Edwards was the guy I was hoping would have a shot in 2008 until I found out who he really was. I never liked Dean and never for a second wanted him to win the nomination. (that is why I forgot about him ) Kerry seemed like Dukakis to me...

The Dems quit that election before it started.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In '04 the country was still hopped up on War Fever and the RWNM was still new enough that it hadn't been sussed out as garbage by the center-right. For that matter, there was still a center-right -- conservatism hadn't been completely overtaken by wild eyed ratf-ckery.

A very good Dem candidate could have won in '04, but we had none. I don't see any of the nom fighters winning the general.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Dole was not quite the honorable boy scout he is now portrayed as. He was not above dirty politicking (no successful pol is), and there was an extremely well organized campaign to smear Clinton right from the start.

But you nailed it on the rest. McCain's moment was 2000, but Rove's lies destroyed him in SC.
                      But the point is in 2008 there was no challenge for him and Dole was getting the job because no one else really wanted it. This election isnt like that. There is no one who will get the nom just cause the Dems either owe him or Donald wont be beat. If the Dems dont act like Dems they have a good shot.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

If the Dems dont act like Dems they have a good shot.
                        We didn't act like Dems in 92 or 08. I have hope.

The only "it's his turn" candidate would be Handsome Joe. I like him and he could probably win back a lot of middle of the road, otherwise sensible whites who didn't really believe the RWNM's bullsh-t about Hillary but just didn't want more Clinton Drama. One thing that helps is that Biden's ur problem is athlete's tongue, but compared to Trump he (or anybody) doesn't even register out of the noise.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Really liked Howard Dean in 2004. Put universal care back on the political map and realized before almost all other Dems that the GOP had already gone batchit crazy and Dems had to say so publically. He also had a good sense that Dems collectively were far too long winded and wishy washy when trying to explain any policy position. Unfortunately there was no space for him. He could have used one campaign to get a little more seasoned before running again but by the time 2008 came along really Obama had adopted many of his themes.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Really liked Howard Dean in 2004. Put universal care back on the political map and realized before almost all other Dems that the GOP had already gone batchit crazy and Dems had to say so publically. He also had a good sense that Dems collectively were far too long winded and wishy washy when trying to explain any policy position. Unfortunately there was no space for him. He could have used one campaign to get a little more seasoned before running again but by the time 2008 came along really Obama had adopted many of his themes.
                            True to a point. Obama adopted Dean's language but not his policy ambitions. But as always with Obama it is difficult to know what he would have done without a Congressional opposition of terrorists and saboteurs.

In the event, Obama got into bed with the banksters. While Dean may have as well, that wasn't the way he was at least campaigning. (But it wasn't the way Obama campaigned, either.)
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              The country was not a fan of Bush43 .
                              Gee, I wonder why.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                As I said before Dean was better as DNC Chair than he was as the candidate. His strategies were crucial and definitely went against the normal Dem BS.

The nice thing is we dont need anyone to be the big gun right now. We have time to figure it out.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X