Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 1002

Thread: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

  1. #161
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,662
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Yeah...definitely not snake oil products peddled by the actual fake news source you cited, Frauddy.
    Go check out ClickHole. They've changed formats to PatriotHole and it's a complete satire of Breitbart and Infowars.

  2. #162
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    26,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Go check out ClickHole. They've changed formats to PatriotHole and it's a complete satire of Breitbart and Infowars.
    sleep-with-a-Bible-between-their-thighs Americans

    I died laughing.

  3. #163
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,016

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    You can have her. There are few things on this planet that are a bigger turn-off than organic/vegan militants. I'm more likely to marry a conservative, to be dead honest.

    Maybe I will go look for one of those left-minded, but not insane, Montenegro redheads.
    Ditto. That being said, I was, at one point, very interested in a liberal vegan runner. However, we then became too good of friends for me to even think about risking that friendship. She's way cool, not militant at all. "It's your choice, doesn't bother me" (about meat-eating).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #164
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    26,406

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Ditto. That being said, I was, at one point, very interested in a liberal vegan runner. However, we then became too good of friends for me to even think about risking that friendship. She's way cool, not militant at all. "It's your choice, doesn't bother me" (about meat-eating).
    Yeah, whatever. Veg/vegan for "moral" reasons? We're done - I cut off a girl early-on due to this. I just can't do it - humans are omnivores, deal with it. I know that will get me criticized as "militant"/"tu quoque" myself, but whatever. I totally understand if it's seriously health-related, but that's virtually never the case. Vegans are almost always insufferable, sanctimonious, turds. Even the ones who claim they won't try to convert you, which is still a subtle appeal to "I'm better than you". Blah.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  5. #165
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,016

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Yeah, whatever. Veg/vegan for "moral" reasons? We're done - I cut off a girl early-on due to this. I just can't do it - humans are omnivores, deal with it. I know that will get me criticized as "militant"/"tu quoque" myself, but whatever. I totally understand if it's seriously health-related, but that's virtually never the case. Vegans are almost always insufferable, sanctimonious, turds. Even the ones who claim they won't try to convert you, which is still a subtle appeal to "I'm better than you". Blah.
    She works with animal shelters, etc., reads ingredients on labels, doesn't even eat fish (like most vegans do, because somehow they are not meat). I gave her all the vegan jokes, and she laughed. She knows it's her choice, and she won't change others' minds. She even bought some meat products for me last time I visited, because she knew I was a meat-eater.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  6. #166
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    26,406

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    She works with animal shelters, etc., reads ingredients on labels, doesn't even eat fish (like most vegans do, because somehow they are not meat). I gave her all the vegan jokes, and she laughed. She knows it's her choice, and she won't change others' minds. She even bought some meat products for me last time I visited, because she knew I was a meat-eater.
    Don' t know how you hung in there, Brent. I'd be done after one date.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  7. #167
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,016

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Don' t know how you hung in there, Brent. I'd be done after one date.
    Because she didn't force her views on me, and me not on her. I was surprised at first, but that's how she rolls.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  8. #168
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    26,406

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Because she didn't force her views on me, and me not on her. I was surprised at first, but that's how she rolls.
    OK, I get it. Whatever, I know what I want. Fark vegans, seriously, preachy or not . You know when Bourdain called them "the Hezbollah of the food world"? That may be excessive, but I agree.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  9. #169
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,016

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    OK, I get it. Whatever, I know what I want. Fark vegans, seriously, preachy or not . You know when Bourdain called them "the Hezbollah of the food world"? That may be excessive, but I agree.
    Bourdain is awesome. I would love to have a dinner and a beer with him, but I'm afraid he hate the ever-loving sh* outta me. I might actually decline that opportunity b/c of that fact.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  10. #170
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    26,406

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Bourdain is awesome. I would love to have a dinner and a beer with him, but I'm afraid he hate the ever-loving sh* outta me. I might actually decline that opportunity b/c of that fact.
    TBH, I liked the LA episode where one of his artist buddies took him to Sizzler, because that was the guy's childhood memory. I'm convinced it was to take Bourdain and his "authenticity" down a peg.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  11. #171
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,016

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    TBH, I liked the LA episode where one of his artist buddies took him to Sizzler, because that was the guy's childhood memory. I'm convinced it was to take Bourdain and his "authenticity" down a peg.
    He's pretty clear on the following, and somehow, I agree with him. I am not above having a "shelf turd" but my appreciation for craft beer would not go unnoticed. https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...aft-beer-snobs
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  12. #172
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    26,406

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    He's pretty clear on the following, and somehow, I agree with him. I am not above having a "shelf turd" but my appreciation for craft beer would not go unnoticed. https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...aft-beer-snobs
    Oh, I fully agree with his position on craft beer idjuts. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your beer, but if you're taking notes, you're doing it wrong. Especially when you're in some Asian backwater, drinking the local pi55. You think those folks care about styles? "Oh yes, I can taste the rice and hops in this one..."
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  13. #173
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,016

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Oh, I fully agree with his position on craft beer idjuts. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your beer, but if you're taking notes, you're doing it wrong. Especially when you're in some Asian backwater, drinking the local pi55. You think those folks care about styles? "Oh yes, I can taste the rice and hops in this one..."
    The Beer Advocate folk? F them. I don't do notes. But I do carefully select my beer most times.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  14. #174
    NEVER DIE! ShirtlessBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop
    Posts
    38,476

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Yeah, whatever. Veg/vegan for "moral" reasons? We're done - I cut off a girl early-on due to this. I just can't do it - humans are omnivores, deal with it. I know that will get me criticized as "militant"/"tu quoque" myself, but whatever. I totally understand if it's seriously health-related, but that's virtually never the case. Vegans are almost always insufferable, sanctimonious, turds. Even the ones who claim they won't try to convert you, which is still a subtle appeal to "I'm better than you". Blah.
    I know one really cool vegan (actually invited me to her apt for lunch and didn't say anything about missing the meat), and one militant. At least the militant vegan has never told me I'm going to get cancer because I don't eat like her. My organic/all natural friends, on the other hand... if you tell them you drink Diet Coke, apparently you're going to get all sorts of diseases. Do my organic friends know that bear attacks are 100% all natural?
    twitter: PipersHouse920
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    269/1,000 miles ran, 0/2,000 on bicycle
    Next race: FUNderwear Run 5K on March 12, Irish Jig 5K on March 18.

  15. #175
    \../ \../
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.
    Posts
    1,752

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    What are the chances that after an uneventful foreign trip though the Middle East -- that trump and the White House will spin as one of the most successful trips ever taken by a president -- more than half of the republicans who have been tepidly chastising trump for the past few days will say he's turned the corner and has begun to act presidential? Sort of like what happened after he gave his wildly overrated speech to a joint session of congress when even most of the media let him off the hook. In fact some in the press (not just FOX news) are already spinning this as trump's chance at redemption.

    The only thing we don't know about trump and his administration is the depths of the illegal and incompetent activity. Don't wait for republicans in this congress to be the ones to shine a light on that and push him out. They suspect (probably incorrectly) that doing so would weaken the republican brand and even their ideal "republican" mike pence would be unable to govern. Even the republicans underestimate the stupidity of the average republican voter. Yes, some Republican voters know that trump is a disaster so please no posts that say I'm saying all Republican voters in this country are wrong or stupid. But only someone being willfully blind refuses to see where the current problems in our electorate lay.

  16. #176

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    55,338

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Don' t know how you hung in there, Brent. I'd be done after one date.
    Meh, I find the opposite ones -- the ones who treat their meat / processed food / Bud Lite consumption as the patriotic equivalent of rolling coal -- to be 100x more irritating. The Marin County "I don't eat chemicals" foody types at least you can have an intelligent conversation about other things. Joe the Plumber eats the steak I do, but he's still a boob, and he's every bit as arrogant about the superiority of his food choices, he just uses smaller words incorrectly when bragging about it.

    How about people just do their thing and let others do their thing? Not a difficult concept.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-19-2017 at 08:36 AM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  17. #177
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,219

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    doesn't even eat fish (like most vegans do, because somehow they are not meat)
    Vegans don't eat fish. Pescatarians eat fish but no other meat. If you see someone that calls themselves a vegan, but they still eat fish then you know that person is full of themselves (they care more about the lable than what it actually means).

  18. #178
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,016

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    Vegans don't eat fish. Pescatarians eat fish but no other meat. If you see someone that calls themselves a vegan, but they still eat fish then you know that person is full of themselves (they care more about the lable than what it actually means).
    Bingo. The latter part of your post is a good chunk of "vegans" I have met.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #179
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,219

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Meh, I find the opposite ones -- the ones who treat their meat / processed food / Bud Lite consumption as the patriotic equivalent of rolling coal -- to be 100x more irritating. The Marin County "I don't eat chemicals" foody types at least you can have an intelligent conversation about other things. Joe the Plumber eats the steak I do, but he's still a boob, and he's every bit as arrogant about the superiority of his food choices, he just uses smaller words incorrectly when bragging about it.

    How about people just do their thing and let others do their thing? Not a difficult concept.
    My brother in law complains when I serve him organic food. He claims "I don't like organic food". It's ****ing annoying -- he acts like an organic carrot somehow tastes horrible. I don't give a **** what he eats, but I choose to buy as much of my food from small time local farmers as possible (for a number of different reasons). I join a CSA program. I buy local grass fed beef (I go to the farm and buy a years supply for my freezer), which has way more flavor, and it's been proven that grass fed is healthier (more omega 3 fats, etc) and he makes fun of that. I think what he really means is he doesn't like non-processed food. He's a 36 year old man that still eats pop tarts every day. He brags about the ****ty food he eats. He also jumped on the bacon fad about 2 years too late and acts like he's the only person in the world that loves bacon. But it has to be ****ty thin cheap bacon...

  20. #180
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,491

    Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

    When the brainwashing tools backfire... https://www.infowars.com/trump-suppo...nstream-media/
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •