X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    This is about Trump...showing up for the midterms does zero to him.
    midterm will be a referendum on impeachment

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      A wise man once said, "A boat's just a boat, but a mystery box could be anything......it could even be a boat!"
      The Zen philosopher Basho wrote, "a flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no holes is a danish."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        This is like arguing that religion is bad because it destroys the individual and leaves only the congregation.
        I think that is a fair point.

Apropos of nothing, I have a cousin who has been a Catholic missionary in China for the last 25 years. (The Reds primarily put up with the Catholics because they teach English.) As long as that's all he does he is fine, but of course his real job is to be a secret agent for Jesus. (my description, not his.) In proselytizing he is taking his own life in his hands, but what's worse, the lives of those he seeks to convert. The stories of neighbors spying on neighbors and turning each other in at the drop of a rice hat for even talking to him outside of school are frightening. He and several of his order have been locked up over the years for brief periods, but as Americans and needed teachers, have generally been released without much incident The citizens who dared to listen to them have not always been so lucky.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          A wise man once said, "A boat's just a boat, but a mystery box could be anything......it could even be a boat!"
          Fair, but you have to admit, Peter's logic there is unassailable.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Ryan has his own problems remember he has been out front defending Trump from the beginning. He has been Sean Spicered (gives a cover story that Trump negates) multiple times plus he was in on the meeting where the House Majority Leader talked about Trump being paid by the Russians and tells them all to keep it quiet. He is not clear of this.
            Oh Ryan is a Grade-A ****heel and nobody hates him more than me. But I don't think we've seen the smoking gun that would legally disqualify him from becoming president. And if we've learned anything from the Apologentsia here, it's that being a disgusting human being is a feature, not a bug, in their warped minds. So it's happening unless there's concrete legal proof that he can't be, and I'm not sure some conspiracy charge based on that tape would be enough to stick.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              If Reuters is even saying no, it's time to come off your wet dream of a witch hunt. https://www.infowars.com/reuters-adm...mp-and-russia/
              This is actually paragraph six from the Reuters report.

“The people who described the contacts to Reuters said they had seen no evidence of wrongdoing or collusion between the campaign and Russia in the communications reviewed so far,” states the report.
              Reuters story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN18E106

Seriously? Lead with "Trump campaign had at least 18 undisclosed contacts with Russians" and then buzz-kill my "there's my manila envelope" moment with that in paragraph six.

PS - I'm adjusting my manila envelope theory: It won't go to a Congressional Democrat. It'll go to one of Mueller's staffers in the special investigator's office.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                I assume the Clintons killed off Roger Ailes last night.
                It was Trump to throw everyone off, to get them looking at the Clintons.
                But it wasn't Trump per se, it was one of Putin's guys at the behest of Trump.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If I was Dennis, I would live forever. (I once admitted to Dr. Mrs. that Elizabeth Kucinich was in my 5, and she said, "what, you don't think she's in mine?)
                  Seems Dennis is doing just fine in some areas ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    But even if you insist H.R. is somehow being forced to defend Trump against his will, while in actual fact Trump blurted out the launch codes to the Russians, the worst case scenario is that we know exactly what information was given out, when, and to whom. Under those circumstances steps can certainly be taken to manage things and mitigate any potential damage.
                    You have absolutely no idea what if anything can be mitigated and to what degree.

Trump is a buffoon but I actually hope he didn't put anyone's life at risk. Whatever gotcha moment I'd love to see happen I don't want to see innocent people perish. Contrast that to his defenders that won't give an inch of consideration that just maybe something doesn't smell right with this man in charge. It's disgusting.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      I think that is a fair point.

Apropos of nothing, I have a cousin who has been a Catholic missionary in China for the last 25 years. (The Reds primarily put up with the Catholics because they teach English.) As long as that's all he does he is fine, but of course his real job is to be a secret agent for Jesus. (my description, not his.) In proselytizing he is taking his own life in his hands, but what's worse, the lives of those he seeks to convert. The stories of neighbors spying on neighbors and turning each other in at the drop of a rice hat for even talking to him outside of school are frightening. He and several of his order have been locked up over the years for brief periods, but as Americans and needed teachers, have generally been released without much incident The citizens who dared to listen to them have not always been so lucky.
                      You won't ever hear me defending the governments of the USSR or PRC. My argument would be that those were totalitarian states with communism as mere name plate. Putin's Russia and increasingly the PRC are showing that those dictatorships could just as easily have come in a right wing flavor. But communism has huge empirical problems for its advocates: the two towering examples of longstanding communist governments were atrocious police states.

It is true that because communism was identified (correctly) as an existential threat to the parasitic 1%, any small communist experiment was immediately destabilized or just run through with a sword, whether economic or military. And a few good things did actually happen inside a state that so forcefully banished the superstitions of the past from policymaking: the USSR had effective full gender equality 50 years before anybody in the "free" west ever started even thinking about it. But still, the USSR and PRC are lethal examples of Terrible Government, every bit as bad as their right-wing equivalent the Fascists in Germany and Italy, hopefully never to be duplicated.

Just as we have advanced from feudal states and divine right monarchies, so we will eventually advance from capitalist plutocracies. The Future is coming; aint nobody nowhere ever stopped it.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2017, 10:47 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Trump is a buffoon but I actually hope he didn't put anyone's life at risk. Whatever gotcha moment I'd love to see happen I don't want to see innocent people perish. Contrast that to his defenders that won't give an inch of consideration that just maybe something doesn't smell right with this man in charge. It's disgusting.
                        Trump's supporters are, not to put too fine a point on it, the ignorant. I heard a wonderful call on XM this morning, where the Trump-supporter caller in quiet and measured tones explained he didn't want educated Trump voters, because in the past whenever educated people have joined the coalition with "us" (i.e., "they took our jerbs!") then as soon as the government was seated the educated conservatives betrayed them.

The Trump base is the Khmer Rouge. They want to take everybody with a book or glasses out to the fields and murder them. MAGA.

The thing we've learned about those groups in the past is they keep closing the circle, ejecting and eliminating first the opposition, then their own supporters if they find them underzealous.

The imposition of a murderous regime always leaves its leaders afraid: afraid of losing power, failing to prevent vengeance, and facing betrayal by ambitious rivals. The Khmer Rouge repeatedly interrogated their own members, imprisoning and executing them on the slightest suspicion of treachery or sabotage.
                        I wouldn't live to see David Brooks garroted live on Fox from the Killing Fields of Branson, but he would deserve it.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2017, 10:58 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Chaffetz when Hillary was gonna be president: "We've got two years of material lined up."

Chaffetz with Trump as president: "You know what guys, I'm feeling pretty tired. I think I'm gonna head home early."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ongress-238550
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Early retirements are the canary in the landslide coalmine.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Early retirements are the canary in the landslide coalmine.
                              I'm actually excited about turning over everything in 2018. I hope every single Republican possible loses because they enabled Trump. And I'm a conservative.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                I'm actually excited about turning over everything in 2018. I hope every single Republican possible loses because they enabled Trump. And I'm a conservative.
                                Congratulations, you have fell for the globalist trap of the opposition mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X