This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

More about the budget from Elizabeth Warren's Facebook.

During his campaign, Donald Trump promised over, and over, and over, that he wouldn’t cut Social Security. Turns out that was a bunch of baloney. I’ve looked at his budget, and there it is: Nearly $73 billion in Social Security cuts over the next 10 years. We should be protecting and expanding Social Security, not cutting it. And if Trump thinks he can go back on his promise and dismantle Social Security inch by inch, he’s got a fight on his hands.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      One certainly can. All we have to do is look at the wingnuts and their pizza shop and Seth Rich conspiracy theories.

You want a higher level of discourse? Start with your own side. Start holding them accountable instead of tying yourself into knots defending people who you "don't support".
      He wasnt defending anyone...and he hasnt defended pretty much any of the crap Trump has done. He may disagree with us about things but he is not a Trumper and painting him as one makes you sound like Rover.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Obsession? Birth certificate, community organizer, school lunches and physical fitness programs, I could go on and on.
        And that stuff was stupid too. Do you think you make yourself better by sinking down to their level? Christ you are spazzing out over her not holding his hand
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          And that stuff was stupid too. Do you think you make yourself better by sinking down to their level? Christ you are spazzing out over her not holding his hand
          I see his point. I mean, she stopped smiling so OBVIOUSLY she's in an abusive relationship. It's clear as day.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Exactly, the right is full of deplorable and irredeemable people so naturally they will sludge around in the mud. That the enlightened and evolved folks would do it too is troubling.

Unless, is this some sort of "fighting fire with fire" type of deal?
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I see his point. I mean, she stopped smiling so OBVIOUSLY she's in an abusive relationship. It's clear as day.
              I couldn't care less about their relationship. However, I have seen enough to know that I would never want a relationship like they have. And seeing it in the Oval Office does nothing to set a proper example for anyone. Are they supposed to set one? Not necessarily, but they do.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                I couldn't care less about their relationship. However, I have seen enough to know that I would never want a relationship like they have. And seeing it in the Oval Office does nothing to set a proper example for anyone. Are they supposed to set one? Not necessarily, but they do.
                The Clintons had a wonderful relationship, also.

(again, didn't care, none of my business)
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  The Clintons had a wonderful relationship, also.

(again, didn't care, none of my business)
                  At least she took the job of First Lady seriously and lived in the White House. Neither of the Trump's live there.

Comment

He wasnt defending anyone...and he hasnt defended pretty much any of the crap Trump has done. He may disagree with us about things but he is not a Trumper and painting him as one makes you sound like Rover.
                    Really? cause every post I see from him starts with, "I don't support the guy, but..................." and then he goes on to make excuses for everything the guy does.

And I'm not making a big deal about her not holding his hand. i'm making a big deal about how she blows him off, repeatedly, bigly. Imagine the outcry if that had been Michelle Obama. And sorry, but this is the field we're playing on at the moment, and you show me someone taking the high road, and I'll show you a loser. That's why Democrats keep losing, cause they won't fight back.

Again, if Brent wants a higher level of discourse, start with his own house. until then, we'll play by the rules they've set. or we'll keep losing.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

To be totally accurate, First Lady is not a job. It's only a title.

The First Lady gets paid zero-zip-nada...
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                        To be totally accurate, First Lady is not a job. It's only a title.

The First Lady gets paid zero-zip-nada...
                        It's still a job. Ask any first lady. Pretty misogynistic correction.

Comment

Imagine the outcry if that had been Michelle Obama. And sorry, but this is the field we're playing on at the moment, and you show me someone taking the high road, and I'll show you a loser. That's why Democrats keep losing, cause they won't fight back.

Again, if Brent wants a higher level of discourse, start with his own house. until then, we'll play by the rules they've set. or we'll keep losing.
                          Wisco's (albeit snearing) point is we on the left announce ourselves as culturally superior to the right (which, you know, low bar) but then we get in there swinging the WWE chairs same as they. It's the flip side to the right endlessly mewling that they are morally superior even while their politicians and preachers are always getting in trouble for infidelity and their daughters can't keep their legs together.

To which, well... maybe. But if poking fun at the vicious, pandering, corrupt, self-centered mental and moral vacuity of conservatives is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-24-2017, 08:54 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Wisco's (albeit snearing) point is we on the left announce ourselves as culturally superior to the right (which, you know, low bar) but then we get in there swinging the WWE chairs same as they. It's the flip side to the right endlessly mewling that they are morally superior even while their politicians and preachers are always getting in trouble for infidelity and their daughters can't keep their legs together.

To which, well... maybe. But if poking fun at the vicious, pandering, corrupt, self-centered mental and moral vacuity of conservatives is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
                            You misspelled sneering and this is the internet so clearly my point stands. Game, set, match!

Actually what I really wanted to get at is that I was just reading the minutes of the last city council meeting and I noticed the Fire Department budget is loaded up on pumps, and hoses, and fire hydrants, but there is nary a penny in it for flamethrowers. I found that upsetting.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I personally think we should be relentless in attacking the hypocrisy of the right, the unethical and illegal acts of the pres and his minions, and the disastrous effect his policies will have on those who are not financially secure. Leave the hand-shoving for others. Wailing benghazi-like about the FBI firings, the information disclosures, and and Russian bowljobs is fair play. A daily lie tracker presented in a form a sixth-grader could understand, would be good.
                              Last edited by burd; 05-24-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

While you may be right, it's also fair to point out to righties whenever possible their hypocrisy. Which is massive, and guys like Wisco does go out of his way to make excuses for it. And some of them are the same who complained about the exact same things for Obama and Clinton. Where is their outrage now?

Just like gun owners who claim they are strict constitutionalists when it comes to the second amendment, but when it comes to the rest of the document, they don't care. If you really care about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, you defend them all, not just the ones that are good for you.

Now, we have a group of people doing things that garnered HUGE criticism when it was the Obamas, Clintons, etc. But nary a peep now. Why not? Do they REALLY care about those particular things, or is it just the person they hate?

It goes a long way to take someone seriously or not.

The more people like Wisco posts about excuses, the less credible the opinions are. Moreso when "I'm not defending the guy" ends up in the posts.

If you are going to attack, attack fairly and evenly. If not, you are just another partisan hack.

THAT is why all of the TMZ level stuff matters.

Comment

Working...
                                X