Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Holy ****. NYT reporting that Flynn told trump team he was under investigation before inauguration.

This goose is cooked.
    And Boom Goes The Dynamite!

That means it is possible that everyone who tried covering for Trump about Flynn before, during and after the firing could be in serious trouble. Whether they knew it or not they all lied and are part of this now. Trump literally screwed most of the leadership and administration of the GOP. I mean it was bad enough when they couldnt keep their stories straight but this is way worse.

If this is true (and my guess is this is why Flynn wanted immunity) the GOP leadership will have to walk away from Trump.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Drunkard

lucky penguin

Quote Originally Posted by busterman62 View Post
    Wrong. I saw/see it quite clearly. That's why I didn't & don't support him.
    lol ok
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

That means it is possible that everyone who tried covering for Trump about Flynn before, during and after the firing could be in serious trouble. Whether they knew it or not they all lied and are part of this now. Trump literally screwed most of the leadership and administration of the GOP. I mean it was bad enough when they couldnt keep their stories straight but this is way worse.

If this is true (and my guess is this is why Flynn wanted immunity) the GOP leadership will have to walk away from Trump.
    At the very least everybody who can be proved to have lied during their vetting process.

And nothing will change for Trump voters. They won't even hear about the story or if they do it will be from the "the leakers are the real threat" angle.

The important thing is to tie every GOP Member to this. Trump's crew of morons and sycophants may be toast, but for the country to be safe the GOP needs a full fumigation.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Lucia Apologist

I firmly believe that firing Comey was the worst decision Trump made. Since the firing, the info leaked to the press has been unrelenting.

I firmly believe that firing Comey was the worst decision Trump made. Since the firing, the info leaked to the press has been unrelenting.
    That was the match that lit the inevitable fuse, IMO.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Guess which sheriff and alleged newest member of the administration has some shady Russia ties? Is Putin running a temp agency and filling these positions?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...a=twitter_page

lucky penguin

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

That means it is possible that everyone who tried covering for Trump about Flynn before, during and after the firing could be in serious trouble.
    The biggest one would be Mike Pence, who was head of the transition team, and went out of his way to say he didn't have prior knowledge of the Flynn investigation. I think that puts Paul Ryan as the favorite to take over after the inevitable removal from office and fingerscrossed suicide.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by busterman62 View Post
    Wrong. I saw/see it quite clearly. That's why I didn't & don't support him.
    If you didn't vote for Hilary you supported trump

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It's not better. But it's legal. So says the law. There IS a difference.
    And Secretary Clinton was found to not have broken the law, too. So the difference is quite a bit different.

But you are missing the point. Hillary *risked* some secreted, don gave them to the russians.

There's your difference. I'm not talking about the legal right or wrong- nothing about sending anyone to jail. I'm talking about the right or wrong for this country.

I could care less that what don did was legal, it was incredibly wrong, and he is risking people lives.

The more people hide behind the legality of the two situations, more people miss the larger point.

If you are going to whine and complain about what Hillary did, then you should whine and complain about what don did- as the actual impact on the US is many times worse. Who cares if it's legal.

Unless you are going to have don clean that glass belly button of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    And nothing will change for Trump voters. They won't even hear about the story or if they do it will be from the "the leakers are the real threat" angle.

I watched Hannity last night through his opening segment last night and not that it's any surprise, but wow are those viewers getting a different story.

Yes Sean, only you are telling the truth and everyone else is simply out to get poor Trumpy.

The alliance includes establishment Republicans like Ryan, McCain and Graham.

If you're Hannity, do you really tie yourself to the Trump anchor? I guess he knows his audience better than me.

What a putz.
    Wisconsin Hockey Am I dreaming?

The other thing about Trump supporters and other righty ideologues is that they don't care if their guy is right or wrong or even competent.

They just don't want your guy (or girl) to win.

It's really that simple.

They'd rather have this sh_t show than have Hillary doing a competent job because Hillary is who the left (in a broad sense) wanted.

If you're waiting for any of these people (including the apologists and false equivalators in here) to admit they were wrong or even admit that Trump is a disgrace, you'll be waiting a long time.
    Wisconsin Hockey Am I dreaming?

Lucia Apologist

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...during-clinton

My god this president is a dip****.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    The other thing about Trump supporters and other righty ideologues is that they don't care if their guy is right or wrong or even competent.

They just don't want your guy (or girl) to win.
    Again, many of the righties are not so sure don is really right. Many suspect he's just as left as right. And given the not so coherent flowing of his talking and agenda- including the ones that he's supposedly working directly with congress on- it's still not clear what don really is.

So when you see the right as an establishment stand behind him, it's not *really* supporting don, it's supporting their majority power. Which really make some of this worse, IMHO. R's think that the trump base is firmly behind them- and other than a handful of issues, they could not be further from the truth. don appealed to the unions and workers as if he was going to cut of trade and lift the workers out of their problems. R's have always wanted free (and freer) trade. don appealed on non-Obama care, but with mostly Obama care concepts, R's mostly want that to be a free market.

About the only think R's and don can really, honestly, agree on is tax cuts for the wealthy. Which isn't exactly appealing to don's base. Unless they don't really understand basic economics- where jobs are driven by demand of products. Heck, even Ford illustrated that concept, getting leaner (cutting 10% salaried workers), to make more money. They will add more later if demand of products goes up.

So your last line I quoted is the most important one. They want to consolidate power. Apparently to the risk of letting the Executive Branch have a lot more. As if this will last forever....

I would say much of Dons base does not understand basic economic principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    If you're Hannity, do you really tie yourself to the Trump anchor? I guess he knows his audience better than me.
    Hannity can ride the money wave from the Deplorables for as long as he wants. If the wind ever changes he can be shocked, shocked that Trump let him down. Remember: Hannity is the real victim here.

The right has reached Epistemic Separation: they literally no longer are even aware of reality, let alone in denial of it. A person's judgment can only be as a good as his information. Cut off his information you're cutting off the air to his brain. For long enough, and the brain dies.

Just look at what's going on in this thread. Our* conservatives aren't stupid. They've just been suffocated. They can't incorporate new information if there is no new information. They might just Backfire and double down, sure, but they don't even have that chance. The killing jar they live in has no air.

(* All but two.)
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2017 at 08:30 AM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...during-clinton

My god this president is a dip****.
    As long as it works with his ~40% it might be enough.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by MaizeRage View Post
    The biggest one would be Mike Pence, who was head of the transition team, and went out of his way to say he didn't have prior knowledge of the Flynn investigation. I think that puts Paul Ryan as the favorite to take over after the inevitable removal from office and fingerscrossed suicide.
    Ryan has his own problems remember he has been out front defending Trump from the beginning. He has been Sean Spicered (gives a cover story that Trump negates) multiple times plus he was in on the meeting where the House Majority Leader talked about Trump being paid by the Russians and tells them all to keep it quiet. He is not clear of this.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    As long as it works with his ~40% it might be enough.
    Last I saw it was 38%

We need to get about 100k people in WI, PA and MI to show up in 2020. We know the numbers Trump is going to get...that is the magic number to beat!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    And Secretary Clinton was found to not have broken the law, too. So the difference is quite a bit different.

But you are missing the point. Hillary *risked* some secreted, don gave them to the russians.

There's your difference. I'm not talking about the legal right or wrong- nothing about sending anyone to jail. I'm talking about the right or wrong for this country.

I could care less that what don did was legal, it was incredibly wrong, and he is risking people lives.

The more people hide behind the legality of the two situations, more people miss the larger point.

If you are going to whine and complain about what Hillary did, then you should whine and complain about what don did- as the actual impact on the US is many times worse. Who cares if it's legal.

Unless you are going to have don clean that glass belly button of yours.
    H.R. McMasters said in the press briefing that what Trump said was quote, "wholly appropriate". That's a clear statement that directly contradicts the idea that whatever Trump said was "wrong". Now perhaps he is, but I just don't see McMasters as a Trump Lackey, especially given he's made his reputation on being just the opposite of that. He's certainly no Kelly Anne or Spicey, etc.

But even if you insist H.R. is somehow being forced to defend Trump against his will, while in actual fact Trump blurted out the launch codes to the Russians, the worst case scenario is that we know exactly what information was given out, when, and to whom. Under those circumstances steps can certainly be taken to manage things and mitigate any potential damage.

In contrast, when you have classified information sitting around in the open and unprotected, no one knows who, when, what, or if any or all of that information has been compromised until long after the fact, if ever. That's an untenable position to find yourself in.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Thread Information