X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I am sure it is just a misquote though
    There's a Trump Tweet for everything he's done the opposite of.

- The above Hillary Foundation tweet: "@RealDonaldTrump: Saudi Arabia and many of the countries that gave vast amounts of money to the Clinton Foundation want women as slaves and to kill gays. Hillary must return all money from such countries!"

- "@RealDonaldTrump: Many people are saying it was wonderful that Mrs. Obama refused to wear a scarf in Saudi Arabia, but they were insulted.We have enuf enemies"
    (Melania didn't wear a hijab on this trip. Nor did Laura Bush on her husband's trip. Nor Hillary. Nor Barbara. But let's not let that argument get in the way of Trump's misguided rant or his subsequent 180 on the position.)

- "@RealDonaldTrump: Let’s get out of Afghanistan. Our troops are being killed by the Afghanis we train and we waste billions there. Nonsense! Rebuild the USA."
    (Trump just said last week he wants to invest more bodies and money into Afghanistan.)

"@RealDonaldTrump: Fact--Obama does not read his intelligence briefings nor does he get briefed in person by the CIA or DOD. Too busy I guess!"
    (It's common knowledge, I believe even Trump admitted it, that Trump doesn't have an intelligence briefing.)

Also, this gem... "@RealDonaldTrump: Dopey Prince @Alwaleed_Talal wants to control our U.S. politicians with daddy’s money. Can’t do it when I get elected. #Trump2016"

In fact, there is a whole Reddit forum dedicated to Trump's 180-isms. Dude backpedals harder than a defenseman caught out of position. Reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I will preface that I AM NOT DEFENDING TRUMP OR HIS ACTIONS OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT. Just to be clear.

So, Rs ripped no hijab/etc in Saudi Arabia. Ok, so there was a precedent set with no hijab/etc. Trumps followed that precedent.

This is a reasonable response, although it seems illogical. Yes, they (Trumps) COULD have set a new precedent. They didn't.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Frankly, the silent walkout by ND students carries a far more powerful message
        It was outstanding. If people cause a disturbance then whatever they say it will be misrepresented by those whose job it is to normalize this creep and smooth the path for his fascism. A silent walkout says exactly what needs to be said: this creature is a stain and all who carry water or provide cover for him are aiding a lethal threat to our ideals.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          There's a Trump Tweet for everything he's done the opposite of.

- The above Hillary Foundation tweet: "@RealDonaldTrump: Saudi Arabia and many of the countries that gave vast amounts of money to the Clinton Foundation want women as slaves and to kill gays. Hillary must return all money from such countries!"

- "@RealDonaldTrump: Many people are saying it was wonderful that Mrs. Obama refused to wear a scarf in Saudi Arabia, but they were insulted.We have enuf enemies"
          (Melania didn't wear a hijab on this trip. Nor did Laura Bush on her husband's trip. Nor Hillary. Nor Barbara. But let's not let that argument get in the way of Trump's misguided rant or his subsequent 180 on the position.)

- "@RealDonaldTrump: Let’s get out of Afghanistan. Our troops are being killed by the Afghanis we train and we waste billions there. Nonsense! Rebuild the USA."
          (Trump just said last week he wants to invest more bodies and money into Afghanistan.)

"@RealDonaldTrump: Fact--Obama does not read his intelligence briefings nor does he get briefed in person by the CIA or DOD. Too busy I guess!"
          (It's common knowledge, I believe even Trump admitted it, that Trump doesn't have an intelligence briefing.)

Also, this gem... "@RealDonaldTrump: Dopey Prince @Alwaleed_Talal wants to control our U.S. politicians with daddy’s money. Can’t do it when I get elected. #Trump2016"

In fact, there is a whole Reddit forum dedicated to Trump's 180-isms. Dude backpedals harder than a defenseman caught out of position. Reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump
          The funniest one today is easily telling everyone that if Obama doesn't say "Radical Islamic Terrorism", he should resign.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            It was outstanding. If people cause a disturbance then whatever they say it will be misrepresented by those whose job it is to normalize this creep and smooth the path for his fascism. A silent walkout says exactly what needs to be said: this creature is a stain and all who carry water or provide cover for him are aiding a lethal threat to our ideals.
            Yep.

Gonna go out on a limb here......my grandpa only raised his voice ONCE. ONCE. Whatever I did, I sure as hell never did it again. He was the "quiet disciplinarian." In other words, instead of raising his voice EVERY time, he only chose the most serious offenses. Kept the quiet, stern voice for delivering the general message. This is what ND did, and that is to be respected.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

One of Trump's pet Nazis takes a hit. Private sector to the rescue. Take the train, snotburger.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

BTW can I just say I dont like the idea of selling weapons to Saudi Arabia. Why does every president have to kiss their ***? They arent our ally no matter how much they pretend to be. And any R that likes that deal is the biggest hypocrite of them all...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

BTW can I just say I dont like the idea of selling weapons to Saudi Arabia. Why does every president have to kiss their ***? They arent our ally no matter how much they pretend to be. And any R that likes that deal is the biggest hypocrite of them all...
                  Because despite all their internal strife within the royal family, and rumors of social discontent being squashed, they're one of the few stable countries at a macro level. And even if they don't supply us with much, or any crude these days, they can still impact the crude oil markets.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    One of Trump's pet Nazis takes a hit. Private sector to the rescue. Take the train, snotburger.
                    I'm torn on this. I'm sure this is my white male privilege talking, but I think I'd also have rescinded the prof's membership. There's political disagreement, and then there's just being a *******. IMO, she crossed the line of public courtesy, even if the guy is a white supremacist idiot. No one expects to get into political disputes at the gym, and it's not something you want to foster as a private business owner. I'm sure the owners weighed the pros and cons, and told her if it happens again, she's out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I will preface that I AM NOT DEFENDING TRUMP OR HIS ACTIONS OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT. Just to be clear.

So, Rs ripped no hijab/etc in Saudi Arabia. Ok, so there was a precedent set with no hijab/etc. Trumps followed that precedent.

This is a reasonable response, although it seems illogical. Yes, they (Trumps) COULD have set a new precedent. They didn't.
                      I had no problem with Michelle not wearing a hijab and I have no issue with Melania or Ivanka not wearing one. I am all for honoring the traditions of a country but only to a point.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I had no problem with Michelle not wearing a hijab and I have no issue with Melania or Ivanka not wearing one. I am all for honoring the traditions of a country but only to a point.
                        Ditto. And if one First Lady is not set to wear a hijab, then others follow suit. One can CHANGE that, if they so wish, but not required. It's all about context and previous experiences.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Because despite all their internal strife within the royal family, and rumors of social discontent being squashed, they're one of the few stable countries at a macro level. And even if they don't supply us with much, or any crude these days, they can still impact the crude oil markets.
                          That is not an excuse to sell them weapons. It is the same stupid mistake we always make in that region...we suck up to the people who hate our enemy ignoring the fact that they too hate us. It isnt like Saudi Arabia doesnt harbor terrorists or fund them or anything (not to mention you know...they hate America, Women, Jews, Gays...etc)
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I'm torn on this. I'm sure this is my white male privilege talking, but I think I'd also have rescinded the prof's membership. There's political disagreement, and then there's just being a *******. IMO, she crossed the line of public courtesy, even if the guy is a white supremacist idiot. No one expects to get into political disputes at the gym, and it's not something you want to foster as a private business owner. I'm sure the owners weighed the pros and cons, and told her if it happens again, she's out.
                            If she is a long time customer I cut her a bit of slack but she is on a short leash.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That is not an excuse to sell them weapons. It is the same stupid mistake we always make in that region...we suck up to the people who hate our enemy ignoring the fact that they too hate us. It isnt like Saudi Arabia doesnt harbor terrorists or fund them or anything (not to mention you know...they hate America, Women, Jews, Gays...etc)
                              Kinda long, but very relevant, and great movie:

Lord Of War:

Soon there's going to be a knock on that door and you will be called outside. In the hall there will be a man who out-ranks you. First he'll compliment you on the fine job you've done - on you making the world a safer place. That you're to receive a commendation or a promotion. And then he's going to tell you that I am to be released. You're going to protest. You'll probably threaten to resign. But in the end, I *will* be released. The reason I'll be released is the same reason you think I'll be convicted. I do rub shoulders with some of the most vile, sadistic men calling themselves leaders today. But some of those men
                              [pointing at newspaper articles]
                              Yuri Orlov: are the enemies of your enemies. And while the biggest arms dealer in the world is your boss, the President of the United States, who ships more merchandise in a day than I do in a year, sometimes it's embarrassing to have his fingerprints on the guns. Sometimes he needs a freelancer like me to supply forces he can't be seen supplying. So, *you* call me evil, but unfortunately for you, I'm a necessary evil.

Comment

What do you think would happen if we refused to sell the Saudis arms unless they radically reform their system of government to be acceptable to us?
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X