X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I think the grand plan is to bring down education to the point that everyone will be stupid enough to fall for their Amway pyramid scheme.
    Education has been going downhill since Jimmy Carter's cabinet creation. How did people ever learn before that...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      "That Mussolini may be controversial, but you should be more polite when you discuss him if you want to convince people."

I honestly don't know whether you're playing when you write things like this. This is not normal. This is not politics. Rip your eyes away from the "R" and start seeing what's going on.
      Is this a good time to point out that last week you told me joe was one of the normal ones and not a nutter?
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Is this a good time to point out that last week you told me joe was one of the normal ones and not a nutter?
        joe is basically me but with biographical details different enough that he wound up believing the silly things he does rather than the silly things I do. I mean, he may be a nutter, but he's my kind of nutter.

I also believe joe actually does think about the country first and then the party somewhere lower down the line, and then only as a container of policies and preferences he (erroneously) views as good for the country.

And that's why I want joe to take the ice bucket challenge so he might wake up and smell Gerald C. MacGuire et al. positioning their walking, talking, grabbing doll as a figurehead in their CEOcracy.

Now to be fair I also liked Bob Gray and never liked that he was driven off with personal attacks, and have always wanted him to come back. It's really hard to get a good discussion of Renaissance views of ontology with anybody other than joe and 5mn on his good days. For some reason nobody else wants to talk about angels on the head of a pin.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

joe is basically me but with biographical details different enough that he wound up believing the silly things he does rather than the silly things I do. I mean, he may be a nutter, but he's my kind of nutter.

I also believe joe actually does think about the country first and then the party somewhere lower down the line, and then only as a container of policies and preferences he (erroneously) views as good for the country.

And that's why I want joe to take the ice bucket challenge so he might wake up and smell Gerald C. MacGuire et al. positioning their walking, talking, grabbing doll as a figurehead in their CEOcracy.

Now to be fair I also liked Bob Gray and never liked that he was driven off with personal attacks, and have always wanted him to come back. It's really hard to get a good discussion of Renaissance views of ontology with anybody other than joe and 5mn on his good days. For some reason nobody else wants to talk about angels on the head of a pin.
          I don't remember anything I'd call a personal attack on Bob. He was pretty relentlessly mocked for his complete inability to be on the receiving end of snark despite being quite willing to dish it out himself. His default response was to scream that he was being oppressed. From what I remember, he deserved most of what he got, but maybe I missed some instances where people crossed a line, I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Bob got driven off because he invented personal attacks that never actually happened and his go to response became something to the effect of "I'm not going to answer that question because I know you'll mock me for my answer that I won't give you." Then when people called him out for not answering, he acted indignant.

Comment

Appeals court now rules against Trumpy's latest travel ban as well. That's 0 fer 2.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                I don't remember anything I'd call a personal attack on Bob. He was pretty relentlessly mocked for his complete inability to be on the receiving end of snark despite being quite willing to dish it out himself. His default response was to scream that he was being oppressed. From what I remember, he deserved most of what he got, but maybe I missed some instances where people crossed a line, I don't know.
                Some of the attacks on Bob made me cringe. I agree he reacted to them as Saint Joan, but I believe he was sincerely trying to engage on the merits on most issues. I don't care if people unload on trolls -- if they leave, no loss. But I think Bob had a lot of interesting things to say when he wasn't on one of his hobbyhorses, and as the owner of a fine string of hobbyhorses myself, I liked having him around.

Same goes for Pio. We all have blind spots; there were red scarves you could wave at OP and turn him into a berserker. But hang out here for a decade (or two ) and everyone will know your triggers too. I think we can each name something about each of the major posters here along the lines of "he's fine as long as you you steer clear of X."
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-25-2017, 01:37 PM.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think it may be time to take away Trump's security clearance.

Trump reveals location of 2 nuclear submarines to Philippines' president
                  http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-f...524-story.html

“Extreme carelessness with classified material … is still totally disqualifying.” - Donald Trump, July 11, 2016
                  “It’s simple: Individuals who are ‘extremely careless’ w/ classified info should be denied further access to it.” — House Speaker Paul Ryan, tweet, July 7, 2016
                  “Those who mishandled classified info have had their sec clearances revoked, lost their jobs, faced fines, & even been sent to prison.”— Reince Priebus, tweet, July 6, 2016
                  “What do I say to the tens of thousands of people that live and work in my district who work for the federal government, including more than 47,000 Marines? What do I say [to them] when saying something that isn’t true and handling classified information in an extremely careless way has no criminal ramifications?” — Representative Darrell Issa, July 12, 2016
                  “In my opinion, quite frankly, it’s treason.” — Representative Michael McCaul, Nov. 3, 2016, on Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server
                  “Presidents are not ordinary citizens. They are extraordinary, in that they are vested with so much more authority and power than the rest of us. We have a right; indeed, we have an obligation, to hold them strictly accountable to the rule of law. … It is self-evident to us all, I hope, that we cannot overlook, dismiss or diminish the obstruction of justice by the very person we charge with taking care that the laws are faithfully executed.” — Senator John McCain, Feb. 12, 1999, in voting to convict President Clinton in his impeachment trial
                  “By his words and deeds, he had done great harm to the notions of honesty and integrity that form the underpinnings of this great republic. … If we do not sustain the moral and legal foundation on which our system of government and our prosperity is based, both will surely and steadily diminish.” - Gov. Sam Brownback of Kansas, Feb. 12, 1999, as a senator
                  “The true tragedy in this case is the collapse of the president’s moral authority. … There was no better reason than that for the resignation of this president.” — Senator Charles Grassley, Feb. 12, 1999
                  “Our freedom is assured by the rule of law. … Even the most powerful among us must be subject to those laws. Tampering with the truth-seeking functions of the law undermines our justice system and the foundations on which our freedoms lie.” — Senator Mike Crapo, Feb. 12, 1999
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/o...imes&smtyp=cur
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

But hang out here for a decade (or two ) and everyone will know your triggers too. I think we can each name something about each of the major posters here along the lines of "he's fine as long as you you steer clear of X."
                    This is a great post, much as The Dark Knight is a great movie.

:P

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Some of the attacks on Bob made me cringe. I agree he reacted to them as Saint Joan, but I believe he was sincerely trying to engage on the merits on most issues. I don't care if people unload on trolls -- if they leave, no loss. But I think Bob had a lot of interesting things to say when he wasn't on one of his hobbyhorses, and as the owner of a fine string of hobbyhorses myself, I liked having him around.

Same goes for Pio. We all have blind spots; there were red scarves you could wave at OP and turn him into a berserker. But hang out here for a decade (or two ) and everyone will know your triggers too. I think we can each name something about each of the major posters here along the lines of "he's fine as long as you you steer clear of X."
                      I'll admit, I may be overly biased against Bob--my first ever interaction with him was not good to say the least. I pointed out that he was demonstrably wrong about something he had just asserted. He rebutted with, essentially, "exception that proves the rule" and declared me a troll for having mentioned it. He actually then went on to spend the next couple posts pleading with you to join him in declaring me a troll. You declined (much obliged).

Comment

I liked that Pio had a good fund of knowledge and could express his thoughts well, offensive as they were. He had some good stories to tell too.

Comment

Just when I think he couldn't be a bigger POS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhBcgB_GZD4

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I liked that Pio had a good fund of knowledge and could express his thoughts well, offensive as they were. He had some good stories to tell too.
                            Those creative insults will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              Oh make no mistake, Pio was a jerk. But jerks are a part of life (he says with complete self-awareness). And he was not a boring jerk.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Oh make no mistake, Pio was a jerk. But jerks are a part of life (he says with complete self-awareness). And he was not a boring jerk.
                                I've had some very good friends over the years who took a whole different view of life than I did and who could irritate the he!! out of me but could also stimulate in a way that made the whole equation come out well on the plus side.

Comment

Working...
                                X