X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Technically, if the President designates something as classified, it's classified.

I don't actually know that myself, but a guy read that off a document over the phone to me, so I think you can take it to the bank.
    You gotta admit...the irony would be pretty awesome. Giving intel to the Russians (that was previously classified) is ok. His conversation with someone else though about what he told the Russians is not ok to talk about though because it is now classified. So the actual intel isnt classified but talking about talking about it is. Only in Trumpmerica!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      You gotta admit...the irony would be pretty awesome. Giving intel to the Russians (that was previously classified) is ok. His conversation with someone else though about what he told the Russians is not ok to talk about though because it is now classified. So the actual intel isnt classified but talking about talking about it is. Only in Trumpmerica!
      "When the President does it, that means that it is not illegal..."

Comment

Lesseee.... Republicans are now okay with Russians, handling classified information carelessly, offending Israel, tweaking Obama care instead of repealing, Presidents who golf a lot - am I missing anything? Oh, and they hate special prosecutors.

The way I figure it, any cognitive dissonance Republicans should be feeling right about now must simply be completely assuaged by Trump's unwavering and consistent message that it should be okay to mistreat gay and brown people. Once that's established, all else can be rationalized and forgiven.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          Lesseee.... Republicans are now okay with Russians, handling classified information carelessly, offending Israel, tweaking Obama care instead of repealing, Presidents who golf a lot - am I missing anything? Oh, and they hate special prosecutors.

The way I figure it, any cognitive dissonance Republicans should be feeling right about now must simply be completely assuaged by Trump's unwavering and consistent message that it should be okay to mistreat gay and brown people. Once that's established, all else can be rationalized and forgiven.
          Pretty much.

Republicans have a looooooooooooooooong way to go to earn back the majority of my votes. I voted for two Republicans last November, and they were local, long-running Republicans (the only moderate/sane R's left) going up against loony Dem challengers.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Pretty much.

Republicans have a looooooooooooooooong way to go to earn back the majority of my votes. I voted for two Republicans last November, and they were local, long-running Republicans (the only moderate/sane R's left) going up against loony Dem challengers.
            This is pretty much how I feel. A while back I had a long-winded post about this I decided to not post. They haven't been the party I voted for in a while.

Their entire platform is anti-science, anti-woman, anti-gay, anti-minority, and plutocracy. I don't see how anyone can vote for them in good conscience.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

And every time you point that out, they blow it off.

Somehow the Russians are now no longer bad, since they are not Communist anymore- even though the same authoritarian leaders who killed a lot of people are in charge, it's ok. I guess based on the way we put people in charge of South American countries in charge to "stop communism" points that out.

And then the idea that the secrets get passed on to Iran, which I thought we hated with a passion, and R's told us that Obama's agreement would end the world- just because they are not ISIS, it's also ok.

I just don't get it. Hide behind the legality of it, instead of who and what.

Let alone the ties with any foreign country *could* be poking their nose into our election- given the anti-globalist stance of some of them, you'd think they would be very concerned about it. We don't want their laws getting into us, but they can get into our elections??? Huh?

Oh, and that the leaks themselves are bad, as opposed to what the leaks are showing us. I hated it when Obama hid behind the "leaks being worse than the information" and still do. Should we be more concerned about the content of the leak vs. the leak sometimes? There's a reason someone would take a chance on them going to jail to leak this information.

It's all a witch hunt.

Comment

Peggy Noonan's address to the Catholic University Class of 2017. She makes a great recommendation:

http://www.cua.edu/speeches-and-homi...ment-2017.html
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Peggy Noonan's address to the Catholic University Class of 2017. She makes a great recommendation:

Fantastic speech. Loved it.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Comey is going to testify in an open session of the Senate Intelligence Committee. Must see TV
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comey says trump "belonged in an institution. He was crazy before he became president. Now he’s really crazy."
                      Too bad it isn't fired FBI Director James Comey who said that. Instead it's his father, former Allendale (NJ) councilman J. Brien Comey. It is, nevertheless, true.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I like the message overall, but this was a cringeworthy line coming from her
                        What I'm really saying is that almost everyone involved in politics or covering politics now...is getting dumber.
                        Considering she was a speechwriter for the man who started us down that path, f__k her.

It's a good speech though

ETA:
                        Does anyone in here do this with their books? I'm genuinely curious. I used to with my textbooks, but I've never considered doing this with fiction or non-fiction.
                        Hold the book in your hand, underline it, write notes on the margins, interact to the point even of defacement, it's okay.
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-20-2017, 12:18 PM.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

You do that when you're studying for something. Outside of schooling or learning for a test, there's no reason to do that.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

My level of disgust for trump voters grows exponentially by the day. How do they say with a straight face they are not hypocrites of the worst sort? trump tweets in 2015 his disapproval of Michelle Obama declining to wear a headscarf during her time in Saudi Arabia and in 2017 his wife and daughter also decide against wearing headscarves. We know, we all know, that if Hillary Clinton had been elected and had 1/100th the amount of circus that has surrounded trump from day 1 of his administration, the trump voters would be applauding the the republican congress, who would have already drawn up the articles of impeachment, even knowing the senate would not convict.

I'm sorry but I find it downright shocking that his support among people who voted for him has not wavered a bit. That fact alone tempers whatever hope I occasionally find building that perhaps, just perhaps, we are finally waking up as a nation to what is wrong politically with us. His voters do not believe anything negative reported about him or his administration. When Jimmy Carter went on national TV and whined to the country, many people, including many in his inner circle, knew his goose was cooked politically. Carter was largely right in what he spoke about in his so-called "Malaise Speech" yet he was excoriated for expressing anything other than a hopeful vision of the nation, including by plenty of people who voted for him. Reagan won 2 victories largely because he was perceived as never whining and always seeing things optimistically. A generation of right wing talk radio and fox news has destroyed the ability of far to many people to look at an issue with an open mind and make a critical observation.

Comment

The foundation may be starting to crack

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Technically, if the President designates something as classified, it's classified.

I don't actually know that myself, but a guy read that off a document over the phone to me, so I think you can take it to the bank.
                                Isn't there a process, though? Like, he can't invite Nikki Haley into the Oval office and tell her he'd like to grab her pu$$y, and then say, "Oh, but that's classified".
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X