X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    That's socially conservative, not fiscally conservative.
    Not necessarily, IMO. It's how you look at it. Money is going to be spent, and the right wants to spend it on military. The left doesn't (at least at the levels that the right-wingers want).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I personally think we should be relentless in attacking the hypocrisy of the right, the unethical and illegal acts of the pres and his minions, and the disastrous effect his policies will have on those who are not financially secure. Leave the hand-shoving for others. Wailing benghazi-like about the FBI firings, the information disclosures, and and Russian bowljobs is fair play. A daily lie tracker presented in a form a sixth-grader could understand, would be good.
      Exactly. For some libs, the only path forward they can see is to "become the very enemy you hate". It's like the shy nerd in high school who doesn't get girls and hates the jocks who do, then in college he discovers the "redpill"/Return of Kings/MRA baloney. So he bulks up, memorizes magic tricks, goes clubbing - basically does a full 180 into the faux-alpha a55hole universe. Only to discover after a few years, that his shtick can only pull the easy/dumb/gold-digging women that he doesn't want anything long-term from, so he bitterly declares that all women are whores.

Liberals don't want to be the "redpill" guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Not necessarily, IMO. It's how you look at it. Money is going to be spent, and the right wants to spend it on military. The left doesn't (at least at the levels that the right-wingers want).
        No Brent, the right wants to spend it on military contractors. They don't give two s**** about the actual military.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          One thing to also consider with any investment: What sort of return are you getting? Are you preserving the country? Are you just turning some bum dependent on you for food, and the bum has no incentive to become productive?

Comment

So the CBO has scored the new health plan, and 23 million people lose their coverage, while millions get less or no care at higher costs, all to save $12 billion a year for ten years.

Brent's desired increase in military spending costs half of that ten year total for just one year. But..................conservative.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              Exactly. For some libs, the only path forward they can see is to "become the very enemy you hate". It's like the shy nerd in high school who doesn't get girls and hates the jocks who do, then in college he discovers the "redpill"/Return of Kings/MRA baloney. So he bulks up, memorizes magic tricks, goes clubbing - basically does a full 180 into the faux-alpha a55hole universe. Only to discover after a few years, that his shtick can only pull the easy/dumb/gold-digging women that he doesn't want anything long-term from, so he bitterly declares that all women are whores.

Liberals don't want to be the "redpill" guy.
              No, the left just wants to blame the right for everything the left does. Podesta's the one grabbing by the *****. Hill-dawg's the one in bed with the Russians. The EPA is stunting the growth of domestic industry.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                So the CBO has scored the new health plan, and 23 million people lose their coverage, while millions get less or no care at higher costs, all to save $12 billion a year for ten years.

Brent's desired increase in military spending costs half of that ten year total for just one year. But..................conservative.
                How are they going to lose "coverage" if they already have it? Or are you talking about the people that could potentially get sick but didn't buy in...

Comment

So the CBO has scored the new health plan, and 23 million people lose their coverage
                  Remember the conservative solution to the Ethiopian famine: "stop sending food"?

This is evidently the conservative solution to the problem of the uninsured.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Isn't this development good for opponents of the bill, though? I thought they needed to show a substantial savings in order to get it through the Senate without worrying about a filibuster?
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      fiscal conservative = spend less money.
                      Social conservative = moar military please

Comment

Relax everyone, Trump just united the entire Muslim world, apparently.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          fiscal conservative = spend less money.
                          Social conservative = moar military please
                          Again, you (and others) do not understand (despite my explanation of point of view):

When it comes to fiscal stuff, I lean right (conservative, aka Republican).
                          Socially, I lean left (aka Democrat).

Get it?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Again, you (and others) do not understand (despite my explanation of point of view):

When it comes to fiscal stuff, I lean right (conservative, aka Republican).
                            Socially, I lean left (aka Democrat).

Get it?

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Isn't this development good for opponents of the bill, though? I thought they needed to show a substantial savings in order to get it through the Senate without worrying about a filibuster?
                              Will the Republicans have any spine?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Will the Republicans have any spine?
                                According to the CBO, 15 million will lose insurance by the end of 2018.

Do it, you clowns.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X