X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    At this point, I myself don't feel inclined to doubt McMasters, but opinions will naturally vary.
    Yeah, the guy who "can't remember" if Dumpster called Comey a nut job or not, super credible.

Comment

A bunch of Notre Dame students got up and walked out of graduation when Mike Pence got up to speak. Looks like it was quiet and not a riot (hey, that rhymes! And is the name of an 80s band!). That's the way to do a protest. Not that nonsense like at Berkeley.

Comment

As far as pure legality is concerned, disclosing classified information is the bowljob to me: The follow-up obstruction is "I never had sex with that woman."

In the bigger picture, thedisclosure, if true, is the most telltale sign of unfitness. He is not capable of performing that job in a way that protects anyone but himself. He couldn't do it even if he started to care.
        Last edited by burd; 05-21-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          As far as pure legality is concerned, disclosing classified information is the bowljob to me: The follow-up obstruction is "I never had sex with that woman."

In the bigger picture, thedisclosure, if true, is the most telltale sign of unfitness. He is not capable of performing that job in a way that protects anyone but himself. He couldn't do it even if he started to care.
          I'm... mildly intrigued about this bowljob thing. Can you explain it? Don't skip any details.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I'm... mildly intrigued about this bowljob thing. Can you explain it? Don't skip any details.
            It's a type of haircut that moms do themselves on their really young kids.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              It's a type of haircut that moms do themselves on their really young kids.
              If my mom had ever given me a bowljob, I'd be even more messed up than I am now.
              Last edited by burd; 05-21-2017, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Haircut!!! haircut!!
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Haircut!!! haircut!!
                  A rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    A bunch of Notre Dame students got up and walked out of graduation when Mike Pence got up to speak. Looks like it was quiet and not a riot (hey, that rhymes! And is the name of an 80s band!). That's the way to do a protest. Not that nonsense like at Berkeley.
                    This.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      It was also quite different than in 2009 when Pro-Life students protested then-President Obama's commencement address by heckling and chanting a number of times in a far more disruptive action. Different enough that some had to be removed from the ceremony.

Notre Dame, which frequently has had a president give the commencement address in his first year in office (4 of the last 6 and George HW Bush also delivered the address in his final year in office) feared the likelihood of a repeat of the circus in 2009, so declined to extend an invitation to trump. My guess is that other than the military academies and a handful of Christian, far right leaning universities, protests against trump as a commencement speaker will generate huge and highly emotional disruptions. Notre Dame likely would have been no different.

Protests aside, Obama appeared to receive, overall, a far warmer reception in 2009 than Pence did today.

Comment

Frankly, the silent walkout by ND students carries a far more powerful message than folks who yell and scream, etc. One tends to tune the screamers out.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

@ananavarro
                          Ivanka Fund got $100MM pledge from Saudis & UAE.

But oops! Trump is like Hallmark cards. There's an old tweet to celebrate every occasion.

Quotes Trump tweet saying "Saudi Arabia and many of the countries that gave vast amounts of money to the Clinton Foundation want women as slaves and to kill gays. Hillary must return all money from such countries!"

I am sure it is just a misquote though
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            My guess is that other than the military academies and a handful of Christian, far right leaning universities, protests against trump as a commencement speaker will generate huge and highly emotional disruptions. Notre Dame likely would have been no different.
                            Also, most colleges probably like their commencement speaker to give a halfway coherent speech with an actual ****ing point that isn't 50% pencildick kvetching about whoever they feel wronged them this week, so they prefer to go in another direction.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Quoting Trumps own words against him is "fake news"
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                @ananavarro
                                Ivanka Fund got $100MM pledge from Saudis & UAE.

But oops! Trump is like Hallmark cards. There's an old tweet to celebrate every occasion.

Quotes Trump tweet saying "Saudi Arabia and many of the countries that gave vast amounts of money to the Clinton Foundation want women as slaves and to kill gays. Hillary must return all money from such countries!"

I am sure it is just a misquote though
                                War is peace
                                Freedom is slavery
                                Ignorance is strength

Comment

Working...
                                X