Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041

Thread: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    It is a credit to your character that you would take that approach, Brent, but that won't get it done, IMO. National politics is blood sport--always has been. The dire situation we find ourselves in now (with a narcissistic child president who is likely also a criminal) is a forseeable enough result of an all star lineup of fear and hate-mongers like Atwater, Limbaugh, Rove, and the Rogers Ailes and Murdoch, who have used ignorance, fear, and greed to create the mob that elected this azzclown. Too many democrats and otherwise disenfranchised voters stood by and watched the rape take place for reasons not many completely understand. But kumbaya ain't gonna get us out of this one.

I truly don't mean that as criticism of what you advocate. You are right to think that way. But . . .
    I hear ya, I truly do. And I know world peace ain't gonna happen. I'm trying to figure out a way where at least we all don't die/are decimated as a people. Just looking for a start.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    For the Trump voters, you voted Trump. Self-explanatory.
    For the Hillary voters, you didn't convince enough other people to vote for Hillary, and/or you didn't listen to the concerns of the "not Hillary" folks that ended up voting for Trump.
    For the Berniacs, or whatever they called themselves, you might have not voted for Hillary, and instead wasted (yes, I said wasted, and it makes me sad I have to say that) your vote on an (I) instead of Trump.
    For the independents, or people (like me) who hated both main candidates, you didn't convince us enough to get behind your candidate.

Everyone plays a part. Whether it's long-term, short-term, whatever. We're all here together. So let's figure it out.
    Hitler was the Jews' fault. They just didn't convince enough people.

Cmon, Brent. This is Rover-level silly.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Hitler was the Jews' fault. They just didn't convince enough people.

Cmon, Brent. This is Rover-level silly.
    I'm not saying ONE particular mind-set is responsible. It was cumulative. Brick by brick, Trump happened. And Godwin's Law was just applied by you.

There's a big, BIG difference in saying one faction is responsible and a whole nation is responsible.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

I'm not saying ONE particular mind-set is responsible. It was cumulative. Brick by brick, Trump happened. And Godwin's Law was just applied by you.

There's a big, BIG difference in saying one faction is responsible and a whole nation is responsible.
    Yes, the butterfly in China is in some degree culpable. But how's about we stick to the f-ckers who DELIBERATELY brought us this. The murder victim does play a role in his own murder, but the murderer still gets the chair.
    Last edited by Kepler; Today at 07:30 PM.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

For the Trump voters, you voted Trump. Self-explanatory.
    For the Hillary voters, you didn't convince enough other people to vote for Hillary, and/or you didn't listen to the concerns of the "not Hillary" folks that ended up voting for Trump.
    For the Berniacs, or whatever they called themselves, you might have not voted for Hillary, and instead wasted (yes, I said wasted, and it makes me sad I have to say that) your vote on an (I) instead of Trump.
    For the independents, or people (like me) who hated both main candidates, you didn't convince us enough to get behind your candidate.

Everyone plays a part. Whether it's long-term, short-term, whatever. We're all here together. So let's figure it out.
    What a cop out. You're just lucky you don't live in a state where your vote (or non-vote) mattered. That's the only reason you don't personally own part of this disaster. Nodoby "convinced" you? Please, what a childish thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    What a cop out. You're just lucky you don't live in a state where your vote (or non-vote) mattered. That's the only reason you don't personally own part of this disaster. Nodoby "convinced" you? Please, what a childish thing to say.
    I do own part of this disaster. I didn't speak up enough. I didn't convince people on the fence to vote one way or another. I didn't vote myself (although you are correct; in MN, my vote would not have mattered one bit). I wrote Trump off when he first entered; I thought: heh, that's funny, he thinks he has a chance. Whoops.

Thread Information