X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Did the Democratic loser in Montana even make a single comment about his opponent assualting a reporter? The only thing I heard was that he would not comment on it.

We are down to two choices, and I while I understand the left believing it is better to refuse to sink to the level of the right, it is the attitude that is going to end this country. By the time enough of the old white men die off, it will be over. It doesn't take a majority to ruin our society. What it takes is a majority sitting back and watching it happen.

The left behaves rationally and the right wing nut job wins. The left tries to reach for the intellect and the right wing nut job wins. The left tries to single out for appeal every demographic group but one and the right wing nut job appeals to fear mongering and white people and wins. This fukking maniac in Montana could have put that reporter in a coma and he would have won and the House would have no problem seating him.

I am so tired of the excuse making by the right and people who support them. Sure the people on this forum who identify with the right might not share the views of trump or the other nut jobs. But what you are failing miserably to see is the people who hold elected office right now with the little "r" next to their names are NOT what you think them to be. They are either fascists or they are enabling fascists. They will destroy the government and replace it with something you are not going to like very much, trust me.

We are in a terrible place right now where either elected republicans or the people who put them there are holding the balance of this nation in their hands. You are the ones who need to be insisting that the people you elected -- for once in their professional political lives -- act like Americans first. And yes I know the left always decries the right when the right questions the patriotism of a liberal. I don't fukking care. I AM questioning the patriotism of every stinking republican out there right now. Prove me wrong. Prove you care about AMERICA FIRST, like your messiah preaches. Prove you care about the whole constitution, not just one stinking amendment. Prove you have at least one brain cell that knows how to think critically and can understand what is happening before your very eyes. Or start thinking right now about which side you are going to be fighting and dying on when the next civil war happens.
    You mean how non-party (either side) folks like me want Trump out of office, because that is what is good for the country? Or who never voted for Trump (and yes, in some cases, never voted for Hillary) in the first place? Don't pretend (or imply) all "the left" are saints. They are not. Neither "side" is a group of angels. This is the whole country's fault, frankly. Like it or not, we all had a hand in this, in one way or the other.

It will take ALL of us to fix it, also. So let's start talking, start compromising some things if need be, at least try and do something together to find a solution. I'm in.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      This is the whole country's fault, frankly. Like it or not, we all had a hand in this, in one way or the other.
      'Splain.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        'Splain.
        For the Trump voters, you voted Trump. Self-explanatory.
        For the Hillary voters, you didn't convince enough other people to vote for Hillary, and/or you didn't listen to the concerns of the "not Hillary" folks that ended up voting for Trump.
        For the Berniacs, or whatever they called themselves, you might have not voted for Hillary, and instead wasted (yes, I said wasted, and it makes me sad I have to say that) your vote on an (I) instead of Trump.
        For the independents, or people (like me) who hated both main candidates, you didn't convince us enough to get behind your candidate.

Everyone plays a part. Whether it's long-term, short-term, whatever. We're all here together. So let's figure it out.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

For the Hillary voters, you didn't convince enough other people to vote for Hillary, and/or you didn't listen to the concerns of the "not Hillary" folks that ended up voting for Trump.
          For the Berniacs, or whatever they called themselves, you might have not voted for Hillary, and instead wasted (yes, I said wasted, and it makes me sad I have to say that) your vote on an (I) instead of Trump.
          For the independents, or people (like me) who hated both main candidates, you didn't convince us enough to get behind your candidate.

Everyone plays a part. Whether it's long-term, short-term, whatever. We're all here together. So let's figure it out.
          Nope. Not even close. This is your worst political post yet.

Don't even think you're lumping me into blame for this ****.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You mean how non-party (either side) folks like me want Trump out of office, because that is what is good for the country? Or who never voted for Trump (and yes, in some cases, never voted for Hillary) in the first place? Don't pretend (or imply) all "the left" are saints. They are not. Neither "side" is a group of angels. This is the whole country's fault, frankly. Like it or not, we all had a hand in this, in one way or the other.

It will take ALL of us to fix it, also. So let's start talking, start compromising some things if need be, at least try and do something together to find a solution. I'm in.
            It is a credit to your character that you would take that approach, Brent, but that won't get it done, IMO. National politics is blood sport--always has been. The dire situation we find ourselves in now (with a narcissistic child president who is likely also a criminal) is a forseeable enough result of an all star lineup of fear and hate-mongers like Atwater, Limbaugh, Rove, and the Rogers Ailes and Murdoch, who have used ignorance, fear, and greed to create the mob that elected this azzclown. Too many democrats and otherwise disenfranchised voters stood by and watched the rape take place for reasons not many completely understand. But kumbaya ain't gonna get us out of this one.

I truly don't mean that as criticism of what you advocate. You are right to think that way. But . . .

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              It is a credit to your character that you would take that approach, Brent, but that won't get it done, IMO. National politics is blood sport--always has been. The dire situation we find ourselves in now (with a narcissistic child president who is likely also a criminal) is a forseeable enough result of an all star lineup of fear and hate-mongers like Atwater, Limbaugh, Rove, and the Rogers Ailes and Murdoch, who have used ignorance, fear, and greed to create the mob that elected this azzclown. Too many democrats and otherwise disenfranchised voters stood by and watched the rape take place for reasons not many completely understand. But kumbaya ain't gonna get us out of this one.

I truly don't mean that as criticism of what you advocate. You are right to think that way. But . . .
              I hear ya, I truly do. And I know world peace ain't gonna happen. I'm trying to figure out a way where at least we all don't die/are decimated as a people. Just looking for a start.

Comment

Hitler was the Jews' fault. They just didn't convince enough people.

Cmon, Brent. This is Rover-level silly.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Hitler was the Jews' fault. They just didn't convince enough people.

Cmon, Brent. This is Rover-level silly.
                  I'm not saying ONE particular mind-set is responsible. It was cumulative. Brick by brick, Trump happened. And Godwin's Law was just applied by you.

There's a big, BIG difference in saying one faction is responsible and a whole nation is responsible.

Comment

I'm not saying ONE particular mind-set is responsible. It was cumulative. Brick by brick, Trump happened. And Godwin's Law was just applied by you.

There's a big, BIG difference in saying one faction is responsible and a whole nation is responsible.
                    Yes, the butterfly in China is in some degree culpable. But how's about we stick to the f-ckers who DELIBERATELY brought us this. The murder victim does play a role in his own murder, but the murderer still gets the chair.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 05-27-2017, 07:30 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

What a cop out. You're just lucky you don't live in a state where your vote (or non-vote) mattered. That's the only reason you don't personally own part of this disaster. Nodoby "convinced" you? Please, what a childish thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                        What a cop out. You're just lucky you don't live in a state where your vote (or non-vote) mattered. That's the only reason you don't personally own part of this disaster. Nodoby "convinced" you? Please, what a childish thing to say.
                        I do own part of this disaster. I didn't speak up enough. I didn't convince people on the fence to vote one way or another. I didn't vote myself (although you are correct; in MN, my vote would not have mattered one bit). I wrote Trump off when he first entered; I thought: heh, that's funny, he thinks he has a chance. Whoops.

Comment

Don't pretend (or imply) all "the left" are saints. They are not. Neither "side" is a group of angels. This is the whole country's fault, frankly. Like it or not, we all had a hand in this, in one way or the other.
                          Another false equivalency Brent. First of all, no where in that post do I say or imply the left are all saints or angels. If you read that into it, you're mistaken. No where in any of my posts do I say or imply that the left are all saints or angels. But this time around, we are all most assuredly NOT to blame. People like me sounded the alarm about Trump from the minute he officially threw his hat in the ring. People like me warned those who thought his election was impossible. People like me spoke in specifics about things that signaled he was corrupt, crazy, incompetent and a fascist long before January 20th. And right now there is not a whole lot more people like me can do to stop him. Republicans could stop him right now if they wanted to. Republicans in the house could tell him he's making a mockery of the presidency and of America and suggest he resign. They could tell the American people they don't believe the president is capable of carrying out the duties he swore on their precious bible he'd uphold. Either they know it or they're complicit. It really is that simple. Usually the problems we face have no easy solutions. And while throwing trump to the scrapheap of history would go a ways towards fixing some of ours it wouldn't be the be all and end all. But it is necessary. And like I said, its that simple. But republicans by and large have ceased being patriotic. You can throw any argument you want at me and I'll listen. But we really are running out of time. Things move quickly in 2017. This ain't 1914. It ain't 1917 or 1932 or 1939 either. In 2017 bad things will become catastrophic things in months or weeks or days, not years.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            Another false equivalency Brent. First of all, no where in that post do I say or imply the left are all saints or angels. If you read that into it, you're mistaken. No where in any of my posts do I say or imply that the left are all saints or angels. But this time around, we are all most assuredly NOT to blame. People like me sounded the alarm about Trump from the minute he officially threw his hat in the ring. People like me warned those who thought his election was impossible. People like me spoke in specifics about things that signaled he was corrupt, crazy, incompetent and a fascist long before January 20th. And right now there is not a whole lot more people like me can do to stop him. Republicans could stop him right now if they wanted to. Republicans in the house could tell him he's making a mockery of the presidency and of America and suggest he resign. They could tell the American people they don't believe the president is capable of carrying out the duties he swore on their precious bible he'd uphold. Either they know it or they're complicit. It really is that simple. Usually the problems we face have no easy solutions. And while throwing trump to the scrapheap of history would go a ways towards fixing some of ours it wouldn't be the be all and end all. But it is necessary. And like I said, its that simple. But republicans by and large have ceased being patriotic. You can throw any argument you want at me and I'll listen. But we really are running out of time. Things move quickly in 2017. This ain't 1914. It ain't 1917 or 1932 or 1939 either. In 2017 bad things will become catastrophic things in months or weeks or days, not years.
                            Your words:
                            The left behaves rationally and the right wing nut job wins. The left tries to reach for the intellect and the right wing nut job wins. The left tries to single out for appeal every demographic group but one and the right wing nut job appeals to fear mongering and white people and wins. This fukking maniac in Montana could have put that reporter in a coma and he would have won and the House would have no problem seating him.

Sure sounds like "the left" washing their hands of the situation.

Now, that being said, we are where we are. Can't go back. So let's move forward. Together. It's gonna hurt. We all will have to concede some things we really don't want to concede. Don't ask me what they are, I don't know. We can only find out by talking with each other and figuring our sh* situation out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Yep outstate OR and WA are Idaho-Lite. One reason I stuck to Seattle when I lived there
                              To be fair, Seattle traffic makes it tough to get anywhere!

Comment

Trump's new friend seems just like him.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X