X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Remember when he was going to block funding for SFO Bay's portion of the so-called "train to nowhere"?

All aboard!
    San Jose to San Francisco is nowhere?

You're think of the high-speed rail going down the middle of the state that was and still is a dumb idea.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      San Jose to San Francisco is nowhere?

You're think of the high-speed rail going down the middle of the state that was and still is a dumb idea.
      The idea may be stupid, but the admin still backpedaled on not giving them the money for upgrades to existing urban infrastructure on the northern end.

Unless this is just to make the existing rail "greener" by getting rid of diesel engines...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Nope. Tillerson says Trump has "evolved" on the issue.
        I thought you were kidding...good lord they arent even trying. I am sure we will hear why it is different though
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Multiple alt-Reich sources reporting that Trump will fire at least 3 staffers who have been fingered as leakers upon his return from Europe. If true, probably no big names involved (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Multiple alt-Reich sources reporting that Trump will fire at least 3 staffers who have been fingered as leakers upon his return from Europe. If true, probably no big names involved (yet).
            And the Senate Intelligence Committee is already writing up their subpoenas!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Obviously the Russian thing is a thing that will take time to put together and prosecute/investigate, but for the general public, WHAT will be the last straw? This stuff keeps building, and building......when will it be "Ok, that's enough. At the minimum, for the good of the GOP, President Trump, just stop. Resign on your own terminology, but just resign and blame who you have to?"

I know he won't, but let's roll with the possibility.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Obviously the Russian thing is a thing that will take time to put together and prosecute/investigate, but for the general public, WHAT will be the last straw? This stuff keeps building, and building......when will it be "Ok, that's enough. At the minimum, for the good of the GOP, President Trump, just stop. Resign on your own terminology, but just resign and blame who you have to?"

For the Trump supporters there can by definition be no last straw. There is a line, but it just delimits the space below which facts are "no big deal," and above which facts are "liberal media lies." But that isn't specific to Trump. It's how the Echo Chamber was built to insulate Republicans from ever being accountable.

For the rest of the country, the last straw was spilling secrets to the Russians. That was the point where most Americans still on the fence realized Trump was a serious danger to national security. Apparently he could get by as a misogynist, racist, con artist, but that was a bridge too far.
                Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2017, 11:34 PM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

I think Oliver covered this well last night. There is no "done" for his real followers

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    For the Trump supporters there can by definition be no last straw. There is a line, but it just delimits the space below which facts are "no big deal," and above which facts are "liberal media lies." But that isn't specific to Trump. It's how the Echo Chamber was built to insulate Republicans from ever being accountable.

For the rest of the country, the last straw was spilling secrets to the Russians. That was the point where most Americans still on the fence realized Trump was a serious danger to national security. Apparently he could get by as a misogynist, racist, con artist, but that was a bridge too far.

I don't think that is specific to anyone holding POTUS office. There will always be the die-hard loyalists, no matter what person is holding office. The party loyalists, the ones that will or could discard that person in the name of the party...that's who I'm really addressing this to. Where is that line? I agree that the disclosing thing is probably that point...I think the firings just added backup to that point...how far is this going to go, before anyone who might be on the fence, or is even thinking about sitting on the fence, says, "Enough!"?
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I think Oliver covered this well last night. There is no "done" for his real followers
                      Yeah, in any fact-based universe, he would've been toast around the time he tried to pretend like Russia never invaded Ukraine. (You know, like how "What's Aleppo?" killed Gary Johnson).

But Trump exists on a platform of "just say whatever and who cares because the entire realm of existence is a conspiracy against the powerful (who you should feel bad for)," so nothing matters.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I don't think that is specific to anyone holding POTUS office. There will always be the die-hard loyalists, no matter what person is holding office. The party loyalists, the ones that will or could discard that person in the name of the party...that's who I'm really addressing this to. Where is that line? I agree that the disclosing thing is probably that point...I think the firings just added backup to that point...how far is this going to go, before anyone who might be on the fence, or is even thinking about sitting on the fence, says, "Enough!"?
                        He would need to be caught red handed doing something illegal and completely un-republican. It would need to be so bad that even the "I am just asking the question crowd" (you know the ones who say the Russia thing doesnt matter cause it technically was legal) cant Jedi Mind Trick it away.

Long story longer...there is no line. Not yet anyways. If come the midterms the Dems take the House and Trump's numbers are still at 38% or so then a line appears. The GOP is only as loyal as the next election and they wont risk losing the Presidency the House and possibly the Senate. (which would be in play if Trump goes down in flames in 2020) The Dems wont put up another Obama, whoever is their next candidate wont waste a year trying to unify they will throw two fingers in the air and paint the country rainbow while ****ing on a copy of the Second Amendment.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          He would need to be caught red handed doing something illegal and completely un-republican. It would need to be so bad that even the "I am just asking the question crowd" (you know the ones who say the Russia thing doesnt matter cause it technically was legal) cant Jedi Mind Trick it away.

Long story longer...there is no line. Not yet anyways. If come the midterms the Dems take the House and Trump's numbers are still at 38% or so then a line appears. The GOP is only as loyal as the next election and they wont risk losing the Presidency the House and possibly the Senate. (which would be in play if Trump goes down in flames in 2020) The Dems wont put up another Obama, whoever is their next candidate wont waste a year trying to unify they will throw two fingers in the air and paint the country rainbow while ****ing on a copy of the Second Amendment.
                          The underlined are very key observations/points.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Yep. It's like watching a suicidal addict as everything falls apart around them, but they keep denying there's a problem. Just when you think, "This is it - the Trumpaholics will hit rock bottom and quit once they hear this", they keep digging instead.

EDIT: BTW, this week they're currently ODing on "Seth Rich was MURDERED by the DNC!11!!!!"
                            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-23-2017, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Nope. Tillerson says Trump has "evolved" on the issue.
                              He said it last Thursday.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

About that orb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBSApfGV7IE

Comment

Working...
                                X