X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    No. He just needs to be ignored. If you're not a potential Democratic vote in 2018 and 2020 you're not worth talking too. That includes the wishy washy centrists. All that matters is turnout of your base. Period. If Hillary turned out the base she wins.
    And that is fine, I totally agree with that. (been saying it since the day after the Election) Ignore the people who wont vote your way...but attacking them only makes you look worse.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      I personally think we should be relentless in attacking the hypocrisy of the right, the unethical and illegal acts of the pres and his minions, and the disastrous effect his policies will have on those who are not financially secure. Leave the hand-shoving for others. Wailing benghazi-like about the FBI firings, the information disclosures, and and Russian bowljobs is fair play. A daily lie tracker presented in a form a sixth-grader could understand, would be good.
      This guy gets it. Focus on the real issues...dont get caught up in the BS that no one cares about and feeds the Trumpers belief that the media bias is attacking their lord and saviour.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Wisco's (albeit snearing) point is we on the left announce ourselves as culturally superior to the right (which, you know, low bar) but then we get in there swinging the WWE chairs same as they. It's the flip side to the right endlessly mewling that they are morally superior even while their politicians and preachers are always getting in trouble for infidelity and their daughters can't keep their legs together.

To which, well... maybe. But if poking fun at the vicious, pandering, corrupt, self-centered mental and moral vacuity of conservatives is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
        Exactly. It's that whole right-wing stereotype of the goodie-goodie, politically correct, snowflake *******, when they all express phony shock when a liberal dares to fight back at them in the same language they use. "I thought you libbies were all about the peace and love, and everyone getting along, singing Kumbaya" crap. Sorry, no. I reserve the right to be mean and condescending and politically incorrect to any right-wing nutjob saying or doing stupid chit.

Don't like it? The stop saying and doing stupid chit. And you supporters, and those of you who "aren't their supporters" but either turn a blind eye, or stick up for them anyway? Start calling them on it when they say and do stupid chit. Attack them with the same vitriol, scorn, and aggression that you mustered up for Hillary.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          You are stating as facts the inter-workings of the Trump family dynamic based on what? Your family has tuna casserole every week. I know because I asked several MN families and they all do.

The definition of a job is a "paid position of employment". That is the simple fact I refer to and the one which you choose to twist into being somehow demeaning to women. You appear to me to be claiming an obligatory arrangement (which a job comes with) simply as a result of one's spouse being elected to office, where as I believe none exists. That is the point.
          Uh, huh. And if this were Michele Obama FOX News would be at Defcon 1.

If she doesn't want to work that's fine. Don't think she won't be judged for it.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

No.

I don't care about here choice. It's her choice. I care about you saying that it's not a job. It is. And she signed up for it. And it's a lot of work. And whether she likes it or not she will be judged on the job she does a First Lady. Again, her choice. Running for President is a family decision. Ask any previous First Lady or President.
            Yeah, where's her campaign to combat cyber-bullying at, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
              That was just foolishness by Gowdy. He knows d*mn well that Brennan can't talk about specifics in regards to classified information in a public hearing. He also knows d*mn well that the CIA deals in intelligence and not law enforcement. The entire line of questioning was asinine. I don't think Gowdy could prosecute me for stealing a TV if they caught me red-handed walking out of Best Buy.
              Yeah I dont know what he was trying to get at. It seemed like he was trying to set up a basis infer that since Brennan wouldnt get specific maybe it didnt matter?
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Yeah I dont know what he was trying to get at. It seemed like he was trying to set up a basis infer that since Brennan wouldnt get specific maybe it didnt matter?
                If he couldn't provide actual evidence, there's no "there" there. Just feelings or suspicion ain't gonna cut it.

Comment

It brings a tear to my eye how much I influence the conversation out here! Well, not really but I digress. Anyway....

There is nothing wrong with a whispering campaign against Trump questioning his sanity or whether he can still raise the sails with his 3rd trophy wife, as long as its going on behind the scenes and not the primary reason for opposing the man. Where you cross the line is blasting Melania herself or Barron who's a child. That's what differentiates us from the knuckledraggers. Opposition to any and all lunatic proposals is now the cause of the Democratic party and everyone who did not vote for Trump. There are plenty of wonderful proposals I'm sure Dems could come up with but they're all irrelevant until at least Jan of 2021. Regaining the House and key governorships should unite the Joe Manchin wing with the Bernie Sanders wing through Nov of 2018.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Uh, huh. And if this were Michele Obama FOX News would be at Defcon 1.

No ****, Sherlock. And if Bill were 1st Gent and off banging hookers in West Palm for six months he'd still make the cover of Time as man of the year and get a Nobel. So what?

That in itself isn't particularly new. Doesn't mean it's good for anybody who isn't a politician.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      You are stating as facts the inter-workings of the Trump family dynamic based on what? Your family has tuna casserole every week. I know because I asked several MN families and they all do.

The definition of a job is a "paid position of employment". That is the simple fact I refer to and the one which you choose to twist into being somehow demeaning to women. You appear to me to be claiming an obligatory arrangement (which a job comes with) simply as a result of one's spouse being elected to office, where as I believe none exists. That is the point.
                      The Presidency isn't just any elected office. No one gives a Fark about politician's wives except for FLOTUS, which while unpaid still has an office and paid staffers to attend to her programs and priorities.

Being FLOTUS is a job.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        The Presidency isn't just any elected office. No one gives a Fark about politician's wives except for FLOTUS, which while unpaid still has an office and paid staffers to attend to her programs and priorities.

Being FLOTUS is a job.
                        FLOTUS is a ceremonial role. Point to where it is codified in any document. Where it says "these are the roles and responsibilities.". You can't because there isn't one. It doesn't exist. Providing an office and staff (which is in charge of White House social events among other things) doesn't set up any sort of obligation to live in the White House or do any specific thing at all. We know this in part because Hilary lived in New York for the last year of Bill's term. I remember well how upsetting that was to Democrats then too.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Trump budget hard on 'forgotten' rural American supporters

At some point you figure people will learn to quit voting against their own self interests, right? I'm not talking about the folks out there who are so busy trying to work enough jobs to scrounge up enough to eat that they don't even have time to vote (although that is an excuse I'm tired of hearing too, I'd go to any lengths to vote, would even do some things that are decidedly un-Chrsitian if someone tried to prevent me from voting), I'm talking about the actual poor people who managed to get out and vote for trump (and a generation of republicans before that). They had the same opportunity to see what we all saw with trump and chose to cast that ballot as they did. But really, I am not going to wasted too much time feeling sorry for people who voted for the guy and are going to suffer when a program they rely on gets slashed. I feel for their kids maybe, but those kids will just grow up (maybe) to ignore what's right in front of them and vote for the next trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            You misspelled sneering and this is the internet so clearly my point stands. Game, set, match!
                            That's perfect.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Have you been called a racist yet? Usually that's the other line...
                              If the shoe fits...

(And it does. Misogyny, racism, anti-liberal/progressive/intellectual, etc. you clearly have a deep seated fear of the "other". Why don't you just say that? Why don't you try growing a set and owning your true beliefs? Instead of this indirect, bat scchitt crazy, passive aggressive, completely inane conspiracy theory stuff you hide behind as some sort of reason/evidence/proof because you're afraid to just own up to how you really feel?
                              I went home with a waitress the way I always do
                              How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                But the Left always loses when it pushes out the people who they deem as "undesirable" and that is what this type of discourse does. It isnt "Us vs. The Trumpers" where everyone is a Trumper who is Right of Clinton. The Left can't and wont win that war and you know it.
                                It's Politics 101 to try to broaden your appeal and try to shrink your opponent's appeal. That's why Republicans trot out a token woman or Latino when their policies are attacking both groups, and wail that the Democrats, whose policies reduce inequality and help the little guy get a fair shake, are "elites."
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X