X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

If you are going to attack, attack fairly and evenly. If not, you are just another partisan hack.

THAT is why all of the TMZ level stuff matters.
    I really think you need to go back and read this part of your post and think about it for a minute.

I'm not going to waste my time by going back and checking to see if you posted "TMZ level stuff" about Obama or Clinton or anyone else, in an effort to be "fair." Frankly, I don't care if you did, and I wouldn't expect you to have done so.

Isn't that the point of political partisanship? When a Democrat is in the White House, conservatives get to take their shots, both high and low, and vice versa when a Republican occupies the seat. There is no need for conservatives here to take shots at Trump. Pretty much everything that can or should be said about him, and every link, no matter how silly, is already being made by those who lean left here. The same was true when Obama was in office. There wasn't a need for Kepler or you or others to beat the bushes looking for "TMZ level" stuff about him. There were plenty of others here doing it.

We're all "partisan hacks" for our own viewpoints, aren't we?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      More about the budget from Elizabeth Warren's Facebook.
      She's not wrong, but 73 billion over 10 years for a program that involves over a trillion each year is a rounding error. And I'm assuming the cuts are in the disability portion, not the retirement side.

There are bigger issues than that to focus on, like the 2 trillion double counting error regarding the tax breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        It's still a job. Ask any first lady. Pretty misogynistic correction.
        I'm a mysogynist? Right. Do you have any other lines? Despite being a progressive you're insisting on forcing this woman into some stereotypical role you have laid out for her based on historical and/or conventional norms simply because her husband is the President. Clearly she chooses to buck some of those norms. As a champion of women, you just go ahead and jump all over her for that.

My wife and I lived apart for three months as I took a job during the school year and we didn't want to pull our then young daughter out of school. It's hardly an uncommon choice today. But you're right, it's not what Dolly Madison or Betty Ford did.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          I'm a mysogynist? Right. Do you have any other lines? Despite being a progressive you're insisting on forcing this woman into some stereotypical role you have laid out for her based on historical and/or conventional norms simply because her husband is the President. Clearly she chooses to buck some of those norms. As a champion of women, you just go ahead and jump all over her for that.

My wife and I lived apart for three months as I took a job during the school year and we didn't want to pull our then young daughter out of school. It's hardly an uncommon choice today. But you're right, it's not what Dolly Madison or Betty Ford did.
          No.

I don't care about here choice. It's her choice. I care about you saying that it's not a job. It is. And she signed up for it. And it's a lot of work. And whether she likes it or not she will be judged on the job she does a First Lady. Again, her choice. Running for President is a family decision. Ask any previous First Lady or President.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            She's not wrong, but 73 billion over 10 years for a program that involves over a trillion each year is a rounding error. And I'm assuming the cuts are in the disability portion, not the retirement side.

There are bigger issues than that to focus on, like the 2 trillion double counting error regarding the tax breaks.
            Not really, because people in general can't wrap their mind around a 2T accounting error, but show that their social security is going to get cut and they'll go ape sh !t. If you're going to oppose Trump, you need to make sure you highlight the idiotic things he does that people actually care about.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Time to throw out a few more. http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=56785

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                I'm a mysogynist? Right. Do you have any other lines?
                Have you been called a racist yet? Usually that's the other line...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

The bigger picture is the number for Social Security always needs to go up. Not down. If it goes down by even a rounding error it's a massive cut because the amount needed goes up every year.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I really think you need to go back and read this part of your post and think about it for a minute.

I'm not going to waste my time by going back and checking to see if you posted "TMZ level stuff" about Obama or Clinton or anyone else, in an effort to be "fair." Frankly, I don't care if you did, and I wouldn't expect you to have done so.

Isn't that the point of political partisanship? When a Democrat is in the White House, conservatives get to take their shots, both high and low, and vice versa when a Republican occupies the seat. There is no need for conservatives here to take shots at Trump. Pretty much everything that can or should be said about him, and every link, no matter how silly, is already being made by those who lean left here. The same was true when Obama was in office. There wasn't a need for Kepler or you or others to beat the bushes looking for "TMZ level" stuff about him. There were plenty of others here doing it.

We're all "partisan hacks" for our own viewpoints, aren't we?
                    Here's the thing- many of the people claim to be non-partisan and not defending don.

Or that they didn't vote for don.

So if they are not Republicans, and pretend to be independent, than, yes, I DO expect them to be even handed.

What we are finding out that that they are not. They are as much conservative as I am liberal. It would be nice for them to step up to that, but so many seem embarrassed to support don at this point.

It's why I asked brent to be honest a few threads ago, and it got caught up into a **** storm.

If you are "not defending" the guy- stop making excuses. If you are, stand up for yourself, and be proud to be a don supporter. Take the abuse that you deserve.
                    Be a partisan hack.

Comment

# 3 in the line to the Presidency.

“At least we now have common objectives,” Speaker Paul D. Ryan said, noting that the “last president never proposed, let alone tried, to balance the budget.”
                      https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

It's irresponsible lies like this one from people in positions of power in this country that cause 99.9% of the budget strife across the country is caused by income equality and it's the number one thing Paul Ryan and Trump want to increase.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Really? cause every post I see from him starts with, "I don't support the guy, but..................." and then he goes on to make excuses for everything the guy does.

And I'm not making a big deal about her not holding his hand. i'm making a big deal about how she blows him off, repeatedly, bigly. Imagine the outcry if that had been Michelle Obama. And sorry, but this is the field we're playing on at the moment, and you show me someone taking the high road, and I'll show you a loser. That's why Democrats keep losing, cause they won't fight back.

Again, if Brent wants a higher level of discourse, start with his own house. until then, we'll play by the rules they've set. or we'll keep losing.
                        Ok Rover...btw he plays that game better than you.

I am not telling you to take the high road, I am telling you to stop sounding like a Faux News contributor. The only difference between you and them is they are on the Right and you are on the Left. And dont even pretend you didnt rip them for their inane thoughts and BS so you just sound like the hypocrite you accuse them of being. I mean that is fine if that is what you want to be but then you lose all credibility in the argument.

We arent the politicos, we can actually act with integrity. It doesnt have to be the Dubya Doctrine of "If You Arent With Us You Are Against Us" amongst ourselves. If you think acting like them is going to help our cause then you have already lost.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Ok Rover...btw he plays that game better than you.

I am not telling you to take the high road, I am telling you to stop sounding like a Faux News contributor. The only difference between you and them is they are on the Right and you are on the Left. And dont even pretend you didnt rip them for their inane thoughts and BS so you just sound like the hypocrite you accuse them of being. I mean that is fine if that is what you want to be but then you lose all credibility in the argument.

We arent the politicos, we can actually act with integrity. It doesnt have to be the Dubya Doctrine of "If You Arent With Us You Are Against Us" amongst ourselves. If you think acting like them is going to help our cause then you have already lost.
                          No. He just needs to be ignored. If you're not a potential Democratic vote in 2018 and 2020 you're not worth talking too. That includes the wishy washy centrists. All that matters is turnout of your base. Period. If Hillary turned out the base she wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Wisco's (albeit snearing) point is we on the left announce ourselves as culturally superior to the right (which, you know, low bar) but then we get in there swinging the WWE chairs same as they. It's the flip side to the right endlessly mewling that they are morally superior even while their politicians and preachers are always getting in trouble for infidelity and their daughters can't keep their legs together.

To which, well... maybe. But if poking fun at the vicious, pandering, corrupt, self-centered mental and moral vacuity of conservatives is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
                            Its not wrong to do it to them. But attacking every person who doesnt want Donald impeached already (even though Brent has said he does FWIW) or who doesnt care that Melania is a mediocre First Lady (to say the least) who probably has no business in the roll is not the way to get people to see your side. it is the same thing you yell at Rover about when he attacks Bernie Supporters...

The Left doesnt have to be meek and naive...they can play dirty as well and fight to win. But the Left always loses when it pushes out the people who they deem as "undesirable" and that is what this type of discourse does. It isnt "Us vs. The Trumpers" where everyone is a Trumper who is Right of Clinton. The Left can't and wont win that war and you know it.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This morning I heard on MSNBC that Trey Gowdy put his big boy prosecutor pants on and epic failed.

When has he ever not epic failed?

Draw your own conclusions here: http://www.newsweek.com/brennan-reve...y-gowdy-614179
                              That was just foolishness by Gowdy. He knows d*mn well that Brennan can't talk about specifics in regards to classified information in a public hearing. He also knows d*mn well that the CIA deals in intelligence and not law enforcement. The entire line of questioning was asinine. I don't think Gowdy could prosecute me for stealing a TV if they caught me red-handed walking out of Best Buy.

Comment

No.

I don't care about here choice. It's her choice. I care about you saying that it's not a job. It is. And she signed up for it. And it's a lot of work. And whether she likes it or not she will be judged on the job she does a First Lady. Again, her choice. Running for President is a family decision. Ask any previous First Lady or President.
                                You are stating as facts the inter-workings of the Trump family dynamic based on what? Your family has tuna casserole every week. I know because I asked several MN families and they all do.

The definition of a job is a "paid position of employment". That is the simple fact I refer to and the one which you choose to twist into being somehow demeaning to women. You appear to me to be claiming an obligatory arrangement (which a job comes with) simply as a result of one's spouse being elected to office, where as I believe none exists. That is the point.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X