This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

1968 might have been worse. I need to talk I my dad about that.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      The only thing we're missing since WW II is the national shock of leaders being assassinated. A few months ago I though the tumult of the 1960s was worse but I don't know about that anymore. The nation is far more polarized now, we're losing ground instead of making inroads against poverty, racism, disease, workplace struggles. And as horrible a world-wide catastrophe that WWII was, at least there was some measure of unity among most of the people's of the nation. Yes, minorities were still being denied a good part of the American Dream, but even then it seemed like we were still pulling together in a time of crisis. The country right now is coming apart at the seams.
      You weren't an adult during the 60s, were you?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        You weren't an adult during the 60s, were you?
        What makes you think I am even an adult now? But no I wasn't. I hope you're not insinuating that only those who were adults during any particular era are qualified to comment and have valid opinions about it.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          What makes you think I am even an adult now? But no I wasn't. I hope you're not insinuating that only those who were adults during any particular era are qualified to comment and have valid opinions about it.
          When someone is an adult and living through an era, it's going to take on a very different feel than what your or I could get by reading historical accounts of the major events. Historians have done more and more work of weaving together everything that was happening during an era to give more context to each event - the build-up, mood of the nation, recent events from the past decade or so that was also coloring the mood, but it's not the same as living through those the actual events and being old enough to truly appreciate them.

As to a lower point in the past 100 years, I'd say the 12-year period following October 1929 was pretty rough, low for the nation.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            When someone is an adult and living through an era, it's going to take on a very different feel than what your or I could get by reading historical accounts of the major events. Historians have done more and more work of weaving together everything that was happening during an era to give more context to each event - the build-up, mood of the nation, recent events from the past decade or so that was also coloring the mood, but it's not the same as living through those the actual events and being old enough to truly appreciate them.

As to a lower point in the past 100 years, I'd say the 12-year period following October 1929 was pretty rough, low for the nation.
            This.

I honestly can't imagine the true feelings of a world war happening, even though we are dealing with conflicts in my lifetime. I cannot truly imagine something like The Great Depression. The closest we got to the 60's for the civil rights riots was Rodney King, and that was but a blip, IMO. One might say BLM, but even that isn't quite the same.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Gang

If you were 25 in 1968, you're in your 70s now. I don't think there are too many 70 year olds in the political threads

I was 12/13 and it was a very weird year.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                No, they're moving to One America, or getting disinformation from Breitbart, Mark Dice, RedState, Alex Jones, Conservative Treehouse, Gateway Pundit, etc. No need for TV, or even radio programs anymore if you want to live in a safe space with fellow hive-minds. That exists on the far left too, but in much smaller numbers.
                Turns out I get One America. Tuning in I caught a preview of their "Who Killed Seth Rich?" story that ended with a tie-in to the DNC. Then their "commercial break" was a two minute video about how Russia has always been a willing ally except for those pesky Soviet Union times, ignoring that they were the USSR during WWII.

Good lord they just ran another piece about how basically any government workers means communism. This feels like The Onion with how over the top it is.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Apparently red lights from the White House is a news story. I have no idea why. I really don't.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Apparently red lights from the White House is a news story. I have no idea why. I really don't.
                    Ruskie Red? T3H COMMUNISM!!1!11!

Donald,
                    You don't have to put on the red light...

Maybe it's Spicy, imprisoned in the Lincoln Bedroom, trying to signal for help.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Ruskie Red? T3H COMMUNISM!!1!11!

Donald,
                      You don't have to put on the red light...

Maybe it's Spicy, imprisoned in the Lincoln Bedroom, trying to signal for help.

I figured it was Melania working her night job.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        When a R is in charge, anything from there is a news story with a negative spin.

Comment

Hearing back channel communication setup is completely normal. Nothing to see here.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So, the guy who took a **** all over gold star families is now going to honor them? Irony has no bounds.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Back-channel communications are fairly normal.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Back-channel communications are fairly normal.
                                Using foreign equipment to bypass American security agencies is not.

Comment

Working...
                                X