X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Your words:
    The left behaves rationally and the right wing nut job wins. The left tries to reach for the intellect and the right wing nut job wins. The left tries to single out for appeal every demographic group but one and the right wing nut job appeals to fear mongering and white people and wins. This fukking maniac in Montana could have put that reporter in a coma and he would have won and the House would have no problem seating him.

Sure sounds like "the left" washing their hands of the situation.

Now, that being said, we are where we are. Can't go back. So let's move forward. Together. It's gonna hurt. We all will have to concede some things we really don't want to concede. Don't ask me what they are, I don't know. We can only find out by talking with each other and figuring our sh* situation out.
    You misunderstood the point of the words I chose Brent. That was bashing in a somewhat sarcastic fashion what I consider the weak response and methods of democrats in today's political climate. Democrats like to appear "above it all" or "intellectual." But the current crisis we're in is a product of the right wings of our businesses, our media, and our government, aided and abetted by voters who either choose to be blind or are blind out of stupidity, and an opposition that for far too long has been bringing knives (or a dictionary) to a gunfight.

The current crisis is not all of our faults. It sure as Hell ain't mine. I have been working hard for over 2 decades now to try to dispel the myths spewing from right wing media and right wing politicians. The organization Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) published a book 22 years ago about how Rush Limbaugh was peddling lies and propaganda to millions of people and ever since it became sort of a "bible" to me and I have been trying to get people to understand how shows like his and networks like FOX news operate.

I absolutely loath how the common theme all too often is "there will be plenty of time to assign blame and now is not the time. Now we all have to roll up our sleeves and come together." Eff that. The time to blame has been around for a while now. I am NOT to blame, and others like me are also NOT to blame. The right wing is at fault, republicans are at fault, weak kneed democrats are at fault, American voters who should know better are at fault. Don't ever hang trump on me. We need to point fingers at the real culprits. Because these are the people that are actual enemies to our democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

The current crisis is not all of our faults. It sure as Hell ain't mine. I have been working hard for over 2 decades now to try to dispel the myths spewing from right wing media and right wing politicians. The organization Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR) published a book 22 years ago about how Rush Limbaugh was peddling lies and propaganda to millions of people and ever since it became sort of a "bible" to me and I have been trying to get people to understand how shows like his and networks like FOX news operate.

I absolutely loath how the common theme all too often is "there will be plenty of time to assign blame and now is not the time. Now we all have to roll up our sleeves and come together." Eff that. The time to blame has been around for a while now. I am NOT to blame, and others like me are also NOT to blam e. The right wing is at fault, republicans are at fault, weak kneed democrats are at fault, American voters who should know better are at fault. Don't ever hang trump on me. We need to point fingers at the real culprits. Because these are the people that are actual enemies to our democracy.
      I repeat my post. I owned up. Others should too. It sucks, but it's truth.
      Last edited by The Rube; 05-27-2017, 10:46 PM.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Hitler was the Jews' fault. They just didn't convince enough people.

Cmon, Brent. This is Rover-level silly.
        If America didn't want to be raped, she shouldn't have worn that dress.

Comment

I repeat my post. I owned up. Others should too. It sucks, but it's truth.
          And I repeat mine Brent. Its a feel good statement, more worthless than "I support the troops," to say we are all to blame for this mess. It would make just as much sense for me to say I was somehow also to blame for Notre Dame failing to show up in the United Center after Denver mopped the ice with them. People who are to blame should own up. But it does absolutely no good for me to say to anyone "yes trump is a little bit my fault too." That it is about the most ridiculous thing said yet in this thread.

Comment

And I repeat mine Brent. Its a feel good statement, more worthless than "I support the troops," to say we are all to blame for this mess. It would make just as much sense for me to say I was somehow also to blame for Notre Dame failing to show up in the United Center after Denver mopped the ice with them. People who are to blame should own up. But it does absolutely no good for me to say to anyone "yes trump is a little bit my fault too." That it is about the most ridiculous thing said yet in this thread.
            Carry on with your ignorance, then. Don't listen to anyone except the folks who believe exactly what you believe. That is one of the reasons the Dems lost the last election.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              To be fair, Seattle traffic makes it tough to get anywhere!
              Yeah that is why you take the bus...such a good bus system!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Sounds like Trump will leave the Paris climate deal...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Carry on with your ignorance, then. Don't listen to anyone except the folks who believe exactly what you believe. That is one of the reasons the Dems lost the last election.
                  That isn't me. You'll notice I never said it was you either. Maybe you listen to all voices and somehow still keep drawing the flawed conclusions you draw, but if you had a clue about who I am and how I think you would know that I welcome any opinion, any information, any evidence. I take it all in because unless you are willing to dig deep into every argument you can't possibly know what's what.

How many times have I posted things like this:
                  You can throw any argument you want at me and I'll listen.
                  It will sound incredibly arrogant but I live this as well as anybody I know. In my line of work some people think it is almost a flaw because I am in an adversarial environment and I clearly advocate for one side over another. But more and more I suspect you're NOT doing this nearly as much as you try to claim. You keep reminding us you didn't vote for trump (a claim I believe) and you believe he should be impeached (again, I believe you are sincere) but then you wrongly say that trump is the fault of everyone. My hope is you realize that on this argument you are the one carrying on with your ignorance.

Comment

I wonder if the fact that FOX News fell to third place in the cable ratings last week means anything. First time since the summer of 2000 when the network was still in its infancy. Both CNN and MSNBC trumped it in the 25-54 category and MSNBC did the same with overall viewers. Are RWNJs feeling a bit of scandal fatigue already? Weak if so. It took years of alleged scandals before voters began feeling Clinton fatigue and that didn't prevent her from winning a senate seat or the Democratic nomination. If trumpers are already tuning out they are as weak minded as trump himself is. We can only hope.

Comment

I wonder if the fact that FOX News fell to third place in the cable ratings last week means anything. First time since the summer of 2000 when the network was still in its infancy. Both CNN and MSNBC trumped it in the 25-54 category and MSNBC did the same with overall viewers. Are RWNJs feeling a bit of scandal fatigue already? Weak if so. It took years of alleged scandals before voters began feeling Clinton fatigue and that didn't prevent her from winning a senate seat or the Democratic nomination. If trumpers are already tuning out they are as weak minded as trump himself is. We can only hope.
                      I am not sure how other cable systems work, but Comcast in the MSP area only carries CNN if you have the utmost basic cable package (which is what I have; I have networks, TBS, and CNN, and that's about it). Wonder if the cord-cutters has an influence on ratings......

Comment

So the centrist blames the victims. Perfect. Now I understand America.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

you wrongly say that trump is the fault of everyone.
                          "It takes a village..."
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

It takes a village to be successful. It only takes a few morons to burn it to the ground.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Decoding Trump's body language

Some people swear that body language gives away a lot of what we have on our minds or reveals important parts of our personality. I don't know enough about it to have much of an opinion one way or another but I believe it certainly could be true. It sure seems like those who believe it have trump nailed. Other traits of his that seems to be screaming "look how powerful I am" are how his chin is always jutted forward and slightly up and his lips are always slightly pursed, unless he is lying of course (also know to most people as talking). I think the body language experts believe trump displays these traits because in actuality he believes and knows he is much dumber and weaker than he pronounces himself to be.

Comment

That is one of the reasons the Dems lost the last election.
                                Sure, but on the list of importance, it's about 25th. I'm sick of the double standard that Dems need to understand rural upper Midwest white but surely not racist voters, while the opposite is never true.

Comment

Working...
                                X