X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.10 - Stage Two in Perpetuity

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    She works with animal shelters, etc., reads ingredients on labels, doesn't even eat fish (like most vegans do, because somehow they are not meat). I gave her all the vegan jokes, and she laughed. She knows it's her choice, and she won't change others' minds. She even bought some meat products for me last time I visited, because she knew I was a meat-eater.
    Don' t know how you hung in there, Brent. I'd be done after one date.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Because she didn't force her views on me, and me not on her. I was surprised at first, but that's how she rolls.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Because she didn't force her views on me, and me not on her. I was surprised at first, but that's how she rolls.
        OK, I get it. Whatever, I know what I want. Fark vegans, seriously, preachy or not . You know when Bourdain called them "the Hezbollah of the food world"? That may be excessive, but I agree.

Comment

OK, I get it. Whatever, I know what I want. Fark vegans, seriously, preachy or not . You know when Bourdain called them "the Hezbollah of the food world"? That may be excessive, but I agree.
          Bourdain is awesome. I would love to have a dinner and a beer with him, but I'm afraid he hate the ever-loving sh* outta me. I might actually decline that opportunity b/c of that fact.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Bourdain is awesome. I would love to have a dinner and a beer with him, but I'm afraid he hate the ever-loving sh* outta me. I might actually decline that opportunity b/c of that fact.
            TBH, I liked the LA episode where one of his artist buddies took him to Sizzler, because that was the guy's childhood memory. I'm convinced it was to take Bourdain and his "authenticity" down a peg.

Comment

TBH, I liked the LA episode where one of his artist buddies took him to Sizzler, because that was the guy's childhood memory. I'm convinced it was to take Bourdain and his "authenticity" down a peg.
              He's pretty clear on the following, and somehow, I agree with him. I am not above having a "shelf turd" but my appreciation for craft beer would not go unnoticed. https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...aft-beer-snobs

Comment

He's pretty clear on the following, and somehow, I agree with him. I am not above having a "shelf turd" but my appreciation for craft beer would not go unnoticed. https://www.thrillist.com/drink/nati...aft-beer-snobs
                Oh, I fully agree with his position on craft beer idjuts. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your beer, but if you're taking notes, you're doing it wrong. Especially when you're in some Asian backwater, drinking the local pi55. You think those folks care about styles? "Oh yes, I can taste the rice and hops in this one..."

Comment

Oh, I fully agree with his position on craft beer idjuts. There's nothing wrong with enjoying your beer, but if you're taking notes, you're doing it wrong. Especially when you're in some Asian backwater, drinking the local pi55. You think those folks care about styles? "Oh yes, I can taste the rice and hops in this one..."
                  The Beer Advocate folk? F them. I don't do notes. But I do carefully select my beer most times.

Comment

Yeah, whatever. Veg/vegan for "moral" reasons? We're done - I cut off a girl early-on due to this. I just can't do it - humans are omnivores, deal with it. I know that will get me criticized as "militant"/"tu quoque" myself, but whatever. I totally understand if it's seriously health-related, but that's virtually never the case. Vegans are almost always insufferable, sanctimonious, turds. Even the ones who claim they won't try to convert you, which is still a subtle appeal to "I'm better than you". Blah.
                    I know one really cool vegan (actually invited me to her apt for lunch and didn't say anything about missing the meat), and one militant. At least the militant vegan has never told me I'm going to get cancer because I don't eat like her. My organic/all natural friends, on the other hand... if you tell them you drink Diet Coke, apparently you're going to get all sorts of diseases. Do my organic friends know that bear attacks are 100% all natural?
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

What are the chances that after an uneventful foreign trip though the Middle East -- that trump and the White House will spin as one of the most successful trips ever taken by a president -- more than half of the republicans who have been tepidly chastising trump for the past few days will say he's turned the corner and has begun to act presidential? Sort of like what happened after he gave his wildly overrated speech to a joint session of congress when even most of the media let him off the hook. In fact some in the press (not just FOX news) are already spinning this as trump's chance at redemption.

The only thing we don't know about trump and his administration is the depths of the illegal and incompetent activity. Don't wait for republicans in this congress to be the ones to shine a light on that and push him out. They suspect (probably incorrectly) that doing so would weaken the republican brand and even their ideal "republican" mike pence would be unable to govern. Even the republicans underestimate the stupidity of the average republican voter. Yes, some Republican voters know that trump is a disaster so please no posts that say I'm saying all Republican voters in this country are wrong or stupid. But only someone being willfully blind refuses to see where the current problems in our electorate lay.

Comment

Meh, I find the opposite ones -- the ones who treat their meat / processed food / Bud Lite consumption as the patriotic equivalent of rolling coal -- to be 100x more irritating. The Marin County "I don't eat chemicals" foody types at least you can have an intelligent conversation about other things. Joe the Plumber eats the steak I do, but he's still a boob, and he's every bit as arrogant about the superiority of his food choices, he just uses smaller words incorrectly when bragging about it.

How about people just do their thing and let others do their thing? Not a difficult concept.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 05-19-2017, 07:36 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

doesn't even eat fish (like most vegans do, because somehow they are not meat)
                          Vegans don't eat fish. Pescatarians eat fish but no other meat. If you see someone that calls themselves a vegan, but they still eat fish then you know that person is full of themselves (they care more about the lable than what it actually means).

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            Vegans don't eat fish. Pescatarians eat fish but no other meat. If you see someone that calls themselves a vegan, but they still eat fish then you know that person is full of themselves (they care more about the lable than what it actually means).
                            Bingo. The latter part of your post is a good chunk of "vegans" I have met.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Meh, I find the opposite ones -- the ones who treat their meat / processed food / Bud Lite consumption as the patriotic equivalent of rolling coal -- to be 100x more irritating. The Marin County "I don't eat chemicals" foody types at least you can have an intelligent conversation about other things. Joe the Plumber eats the steak I do, but he's still a boob, and he's every bit as arrogant about the superiority of his food choices, he just uses smaller words incorrectly when bragging about it.

How about people just do their thing and let others do their thing? Not a difficult concept.
                              My brother in law complains when I serve him organic food. He claims "I don't like organic food". It's ****ing annoying -- he acts like an organic carrot somehow tastes horrible. I don't give a **** what he eats, but I choose to buy as much of my food from small time local farmers as possible (for a number of different reasons). I join a CSA program. I buy local grass fed beef (I go to the farm and buy a years supply for my freezer), which has way more flavor, and it's been proven that grass fed is healthier (more omega 3 fats, etc) and he makes fun of that. I think what he really means is he doesn't like non-processed food. He's a 36 year old man that still eats pop tarts every day. He brags about the ****ty food he eats. He also jumped on the bacon fad about 2 years too late and acts like he's the only person in the world that loves bacon. But it has to be ****ty thin cheap bacon...

Comment

When the brainwashing tools backfire... https://www.infowars.com/trump-suppo...nstream-media/

Comment

Working...
                                X