X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    It is always so exciting to have a new place. Scary when the first mortgage bill comes but still cool!
    It is really exciting. I think Mr. is having too much fun. He is in "I need to go to the hardware store or local home improvement store to get one thing or another to fix or adjust something in the home" mode. We are not that worried about the mortgage payment. It feels like our rent payment went up. Instead of rent, we own it. The only thing we are worried about is making sure our payments are set up correctly with the bank.
    Originally posted by Skeeterman
    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
      It is really exciting. I think Mr. is having too much fun. He is in "I need to go to the hardware store or local home improvement store to get one thing or another to fix or adjust something in the home" mode.
      Still relevant, 10-15 years later.

Comment

yawn!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good niece's bday, then met up with a buddy at a local brewery, since he promised a "mommy-daughter day" to his family. Then made a hard left turn and drove an hour south to that Ansari's Mediterranean place for a beer.....which turned into making a night of it due to the food and the beer and the boxing match (which was a total fix). Great times, great food, and great beer.

Learned more about the hookah service that the place offers, experienced some new food that I normally wouldn't order (and now it's a go-to when I'm there, they called it Dolma). Man almighty that was good. Ground beef, rice, onions, and some spices wrapped in grape leaves...Scarlet, maybe some input? I could eat that all day.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Good niece's bday, then met up with a buddy at a local brewery, since he promised a "mommy-daughter day" to his family. Then made a hard left turn and drove an hour south to that Ansari's Mediterranean place for a beer.....which turned into making a night of it due to the food and the beer and the boxing match (which was a total fix). Great times, great food, and great beer.

Learned more about the hookah service that the place offers, experienced some new food that I normally wouldn't order (and now it's a go-to when I'm there, they called it Dolma). Man almighty that was good. Ground beef, rice, onions, and some spices wrapped in grape leaves...Scarlet, maybe some input? I could eat that all day.
              My mom says to me yesterday "I need to go visit Thea Mary. She's going to Greece in August. I want to bring her something for her trip. And then go in her backyard and pick grape leaves." My mother doesn't do grape leaves from a jar.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Told ya, Hoven. Dolmas are amazing there.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  My mom says to me yesterday "I need to go visit Thea Mary. She's going to Greece in August. I want to bring her something for her trip. And then go in her backyard and pick grape leaves." My mother doesn't do grape leaves from a jar.
                  Nice! The grape leaves did worry me a little, since I never tried them before. Didn't know if I'd like them. They were outstanding.

And LWB, apparently you CAN order the "catering" size version of Dolma there. IIRC, Ramsey said it's 4x the serving, or something. Um, yeah, guess what I'm ordering next time?
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

When she gets them, I want to make them with her. Or, rather, watch her make them. I believe she sautées onion in olive oil to brown hamburg. I know she adds dill at some point but not sure what else, if anything, she puts in them. She makes them small as they're usually an appetizer or side dish. She hasn't made them in a while. Mostly because her access to grape leaves was hindered when they sold their house and she couldn't walk over to her neighbor's yard to pick them. She'd bring over some to give them as a thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      When she gets them, I want to make them with her. Or, rather, watch her make them. I believe she sautées onion in olive oil to brown hamburg. I know she adds dill at some point but not sure what else, if anything, she puts in them. She makes them small as they're usually an appetizer or side dish. She hasn't made them in a while. Mostly because her access to grape leaves was hindered when they sold their house and she couldn't walk over to her neighbor's yard to pick them. She'd bring over some to give them as a thank you.
                      This was served as an appetizer. It was 4-5 small rolls, or so. And THAT'S the flavor I couldn't place. Dill. Thank you!

Comment

Grape leaves are good. Due to the Greek/Lebanese population here, they're on a lot of restaurant menus.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

oooh, I haven't had those in forever. Yum!!

Good evening Lodge!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                            It is really exciting. I think Mr. is having too much fun. He is in "I need to go to the hardware store or local home improvement store to get one thing or another to fix or adjust something in the home" mode. We are not that worried about the mortgage payment. It feels like our rent payment went up. Instead of rent, we own it. The only thing we are worried about is making sure our payments are set up correctly with the bank.
                            When we bought our house my wife quickly figured out my hardware store runs also included DQ. 😎

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                              When we bought our house my wife quickly figured out my hardware store runs also included DQ. ��
                              She found your empty containers in the car?
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Ha!
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X