X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Brent doesn't own a smartphone, remember?
    This.

And I don't mind driving; the convenience of staying in St Paul for the last F4 was so worth it, given the price of the hotel (Crowne, $165/night). Given the possible lack of (probable lack of is more likely) tailgating, and the jacked up prices I found...driving is now the best bet.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

Where's the poll? /obligatory
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Spending the day reconstituting my wallet which was pilfered yesterday What a PIA

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Good Morning Lodge!

Spending the day reconstituting my wallet which was pilfered yesterday What a PIA
              That's no fun.

So, I just called my doctor's office as I made an appointment with her to check out my neck/shoulder/arm issue. My PT told me to stop treatment as it really wasn't helping. I never went to the doctor before starting treatment, I was just trying to be proactive. Anyway, I figured I should have it checked out to determine if I should get an XRay or MRI or something. Maybe get some medication. I was willing to wait weeks to get to see her. My appointment was scheduled for the 24th. Couldn't recall if it was at 2:00 or 2:30. Call her office, was told she was on extended medical leave and they were just getting around to calling her patients. First - I hope she's OK!! I just got my hairdresser back after she was out 10 months from a bad car accident. Second - crap. I'm now going to see a Nurse Practitioner, which I wanted to avoid. The previous NP was AMAZING and I actually preferred her to my doctor. Then I saw a different one last year. She wasn't as good. Plus, I want to see an actual doctor. I caved as getting to see a different doctor in the practice might have taken another 3-4 weeks and the NPs have more open schedules.

les - can NP's recommend XRays or MRIs? I'm pretty sure they can prescribe meds.

Comment

les was an NP, Scarlet.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Where's the pole?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    les was an NP, Scarlet.
                    I know. That's why I'm asking her!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      That's no fun.

So, I just called my doctor's office as I made an appointment with her to check out my neck/shoulder/arm issue. My PT told me to stop treatment as it really wasn't helping. I never went to the doctor before starting treatment, I was just trying to be proactive. Anyway, I figured I should have it checked out to determine if I should get an XRay or MRI or something. Maybe get some medication. I was willing to wait weeks to get to see her. My appointment was scheduled for the 24th. Couldn't recall if it was at 2:00 or 2:30. Call her office, was told she was on extended medical leave and they were just getting around to calling her patients. First - I hope she's OK!! I just got my hairdresser back after she was out 10 months from a bad car accident. Second - crap. I'm now going to see a Nurse Practitioner, which I wanted to avoid. The previous NP was AMAZING and I actually preferred her to my doctor. Then I saw a different one last year. She wasn't as good. Plus, I want to see an actual doctor. I caved as getting to see a different doctor in the practice might have taken another 3-4 weeks and the NPs have more open schedules.

les - can NP's recommend XRays or MRIs? I'm pretty sure they can prescribe meds.
                      NPs can do pretty much everything a Doc can in primary care (people specialize and do pretty much everything in most specialties). If they can't they can consult the Doc, have the Doc see you. In most studies they have higher patient satisfaction and make fewer errors. When I was practicing I had patients who literally never saw a Doc in the 28 + yrs I was seeing them. I managed everything. When I left, they still didn't know what the Doc looked like. Just like any profession you can have good ones and bad ones. I love my NP but I saw a GYN NP that I wouldn't send my dog to even if it was dying.

For stuff like you are describing it isn't whether the person is an NP or a Doc but whether they have ortho experience. I had a lot of Ortho experience and a built in consult from mr les. I was the go to person in the practice for this kind of stuff- the Doc would come to me for a consult.

As far as MRIs [mini rant]A lot of times they are not indicated but providers order them because patients want them and it is the lazy way to go. A good diagnostician can most times figure out what is up without an MRI- MRI should only be used when it would change the how you would order treatment or if you can't figure out what is up without one. MRIs can be very misleading in ortho issues. Lots of incidental findings that don't have anything to do with what is going on. Ex-I have a disc bulging at C4-5 and no symptoms that corresponded to that. My sx were at c6-7 and the MRI was normal there. If I didn't have work up in conjunction they would be freaking.

Good Evening Lodge!

New bank cards, new Credit cards in the pipeline, new AAA card, duplicate license, all obtained. AAA has registry services- w00t!!! got my license in less than 15 minutes and that was with chatting with the guy processing it. I love AAA!!!

Comment

S'upp y'all
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

People must have lives in the summer?

Comment

Just got out of the world's most awkward meeting. Everything came to a complete head today.

Most of us can't stop laughing because 3/4 of the team has been asking for weeks for what came out of the meeting. If I don't know what the left hand is doing and they don't know what the right hand is doing, it's going to be a complete mess when we start juggling flaming chainsaws. Everyone needs to be not just versed, but be an expert on all aspects of this project. We have six engineers and two SMEs that form this large team. Early on we divided into two teams to plow through the initial workload. I later find out we have two teams because the two SMEs just don't get along at all.

One of the engineers re-suggested we combine the teams and one of the SMEs said, "That's just too many people on a team." To which I replied, "I haven't been on a black belt team or kaizen team that has had less than 8-10 members. Ever. Why is the most important project we've run need less than six on a team? It's kind of insane. We're all professional enough to know when to shut up and when to speak up." One of the SMEs replied, "No, I don't think everyone is. That's not my experience." One of the engineers was insulted by this, and kind of rightfully so. That's when it got really awkward.

So after something like a month of *****ing about having teams and one team being unaware of what the other team is doing, the head honcho says, "You two (SMEs), figure out how to combine the teams." The three managers left quietly and awkwardly, the rest of us stayed in the room and laughed. It was awesome. Most productive meeting we've had in a month.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                Good Morning Lodge!

People must have lives in the summer?
                                I forgot to yawn.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X