X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The heat might have been what killed your laptop!
    If it were only that simple....

It had been dying a slow death, in retrospect. A glitch here and there, had to reboot it a couple times...

Supposed to be hit with major storms tomorrow, late morning...we'll see if that rings true. That'll make churchin' interesting, for sure, since no one around here knows how to drive when it's raining.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      All windows open, and I'm still at 82. If I hadn't been in OKC, the landlady's air conditioning guy might've been here this week, but nope. Ugh.
      Hit 86 indoors here in the Land of 300 Days of Sunshine*.

Was strangely comfortable, but I admittedly was sweating like a stuck pig.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Aren't you guys engineers? You can afford to live in hospitable conditions. You know what's ****ing great? Walking inside from yardwork when the house is at 72 and outside is over 95.

Life doesn't give a **** if you can stand up to hot weather. It's far too short to live miserable.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Aren't you guys engineers?
          WRONG!

IT. Worse, I am an IT consultant!

I get a great price to live here in an otherwise expensive community, and it allows me to live pretty high on the hog outside of my apartment, which while dated in some respects (only a/c I get is the wall unit in the living room), is still a steal.

Plus, A/C would probably be fixed by now, if I hadn't been out of town this past week.

Comment

Aren't you guys engineers? You can afford to live in hospitable conditions. You know what's ****ing great? Walking inside from yardwork when the house is at 72 and outside is over 95.

Life doesn't give a **** if you can stand up to hot weather. It's far too short to live miserable.
            Humidity kills me more than heat. I like heat. If it's 65 with 64 Dew Point? Miserable. If it's 100 and 50 Dew Point? Yeah, we're good.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

BUT BUT IMA SPOILED ENTITLED MILLENNIAL SNOWFLAKE AND I HAVE TO PROVE MUH BOOTSTRAPPINESS a
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                BUT BUT IMA SPOILED ENTITLED MILLENNIAL SNOWFLAKE AND I HAVE TO PROVE MUH BOOTSTRAPPINESS a
                F you Twitch. You owe me a new screen.

Comment

Fair enough. Carry on strapping your boots.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Humidity kills me more than heat. I like heat. If it's 65 with 64 Dew Point? Miserable. If it's 100 and 50 Dew Point? Yeah, we're good.
                    Not entirely. 90 and dry in Denver is actually quite comfortable.

100+ is not. I hit 105 in Phoenix (which has the same "dry heat" trope.) I was dying.

Comment

Not entirely. 90 and dry in Denver is actually quite comfortable.

100+ is not. I hit 105 in Phoenix (which has the same "dry heat" trope.) I was dying.
                      Huh. I never really minded that. FTR, I don't own or wear shorts. No need.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        FTR, I don't own or wear shorts. No need.
                        You're insane.

Anything over 70 requires shorts. Over 80, it's a/c or die. Humidity be fcked.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          You're insane.

Anything over 70 requires shorts. Over 80, it's a/c or die. Humidity be fcked.
                          Ever have grip strut go across your legs? It's not good. Bicycle road rash is child's play compared....hence, jeans. Got used to it, so be it. I'm alright with heat.

Comment

yawn!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I can handle 80 with a 40 dew point no problem.

But, that never happens here so screw it the AC goes on.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I can handle 80 with a 40 dew point no problem.

But, that never happens here so screw it the AC goes on.
                                Can some weather guru explain why the upper Midwest sometimes gets shafted with the swamp humidity of Florida & Southern Georgia?

Comment

Working...
                                X