X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

F cancer. F it all.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

what he said

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        what he said
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

My 11:58pm red eye flight home tonight has already been delayed till 12:38am. More time to lose more money!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            This is the longest 4-day workweek ever.
            Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            And a week full of Tuesdays as well!
            This and this.
            15 more hours until I can go to sleep and have a few days off. I'll be having wine with breakfast when I get home (from my 1030am meeting).

Comment

During the bus ride on the way home I went digging for my keys in my backpack. Not there. Digging more and more, still no keys. The bus finally gets to the transit station, I go running off to my car to see if it was still there. Did I drop my keys one the way to the bus that morning, at the office that day, or while going to catch the bus that evening? My heart was racing, and I'm a little more than freaked out at that point. I finally get to the parking lot and find my car there, thankfully. Then I had to try to find a ride home to pick up the spare set of keys. Many calls went unanswered, and the thought of Uber never once occurred to me because I've never once had a use for it. I live almost 8 miles from the transit station, so...yeah. Finally talked to one of my brothers, he put me through to his wife, and she helped me fetch my keys and car. Finally, I'm home now. And I'm hopeful that my keys are sitting on my desk at work.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                During the bus ride on the way home I went digging for my keys in my backpack. Not there. Digging more and more, still no keys. The bus finally gets to the transit station, I go running off to my car to see if it was still there. Did I drop my keys one the way to the bus that morning, at the office that day, or while going to catch the bus that evening? My heart was racing, and I'm a little more than freaked out at that point. I finally get to the parking lot and find my car there, thankfully. Then I had to try to find a ride home to pick up the spare set of keys. Many calls went unanswered, and the thought of Uber never once occurred to me because I've never once had a use for it. I live almost 8 miles from the transit station, so...yeah. Finally talked to one of my brothers, he put me through to his wife, and she helped me fetch my keys and car. Finally, I'm home now. And I'm hopeful that my keys are sitting on my desk at work.
                Having lost my keys before (actually stolen in Houghton) you are way more rational than I could be. Good luck, man.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Having lost my keys before (actually stolen in Houghton) you are way more rational than I could be. Good luck, man.
                  I paid to stay calm at work. After the initial oh f--- moment, I started to calm down and think about whether or not my shoes would get me home without breaking my feet. It was a nice night for a walk, if it came to that.

Also, after the day I had at work, there was only so much effort I could put into for freaking out.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good night Lodge from my middle seat on the red eye home. That's just greeeeeat.

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!
                        Good Night, Scarlet!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I paid to stay calm at work. After the initial oh f--- moment, I started to calm down and think about whether or not my shoes would get me home without breaking my feet. It was a nice night for a walk, if it came to that.

Also, after the day I had at work, there was only so much effort I could put into for freaking out.
                          hope they are there. JHaving recently had the OMG moment when I realized my wallet was cleaned out I second Hoven's comment about calm. I appeared calm but the inside of me was most def not

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Morning, Lodge. Having lunch with the fam, and looks like it'll be another gorgeous day out. I realllllly hope this carries over through tomorrow, as my favorite local brewery is having a block party for their 3rd anniversary. Live music, food trucks, the usual. They close down the block they are on, it's a really fun time. (LTD in Hopkins for the locals; if you want something to do, would highly recommend).

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              hope they are there. JHaving recently had the OMG moment when I realized my wallet was cleaned out I second Hoven's comment about calm. I appeared calm but the inside of me was most def not

Good Morning Lodge!
                              Nope, not at my desk. When I get 10 minutes, I'll have to call the transit bus depot/home base. I just need the time to get back to my desk in order to do it rather than babysitting testers all morning.

Comment

yawn!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X