View Poll Results: what is mookie's best excuse here?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • better late than never

5 27.78%
  • why didn't you do it

5 27.78%
  • quiet

1 5.56%
  • too busy searching for decent chinese here

6 33.33%
  • freddy hacked my bacon (don't EVER fall for the british 'bacon' trick. YUCK!!

9 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bigger name places will list the rate they are paying for usd, so you can check there. one can also haggle/negotiate. some banks won't change for you unless you are a customer, so be prepared to try another. when you called your credit card company and told them you were traveling (les DID do that, no? ), that would have been the time to tell them you want fees waived, lowered, etc. they are able to adjust and upgrade your card since you IS a customer and have options. give 'em hell!!! les would be a great ball buster, no?
    Yes. I will put mr les on it! (the calling to wave fees, etc)

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    what's in yer wallet?
    Capital One Venture
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Capt

Les, when I used to live back home (NY), there were money exchange places just as soon as we crossed the border into Ontario. If you haven't looked, current rate is $1 USD to about $1.28 CAD, probably slightly less at an exchange.

I would guess that while stores will likely accept USD, it's probably 1:1, so I wouldn't advise that.

Opposite Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Tonight is the Comm Ave Classic. BU and BC alums playing a charity hockey game at BU's Walter Brown Arena, where the Terriers used to play. Started out as a benefit for ALS Cares, for Pete Frates, but last year's game, they also added on the Travis Roy Foundation. It's fun to have a game like this in July. It's actually almost hockey-like weather today. Could set a record low temperature for this date. Should be fun!
    Sorry to quote myself here but I felt it important enough to let everyone know that Freddy Meyer will be playing in this game tonight.

Capt
    Sorry to quote myself here but I felt it important enough to let everyone know that Freddy Meyer will be hacking in this game tonight.
    Ftfy.

So, Korean BBQ is LA is spectacular.

LA, however - at least the parts I saw in 2 days - is a pit. Many of the neighborhoods around downtown are just shady as fook. Client office was in a decent spot, but after seeing all the poverty, you can't help but wonder how much it costs to live in a "decent" (not rich) neighborhood here in the valley.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    but after seeing all the poverty, you can't help but wonder how much it costs to live in a "decent" (not rich) neighborhood here in the valley.
    Three words: Get your checkbook.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Three words: Get your checkbook.
    Yeah, my eyes were opened by my final Uber driver. She pays over $3000/mo for an efficiency unit in her hood. Not a studio...an efficiency unit.

She's "retiring" to San Bernardino next month. About the same price, but 2 bedrooms, pool, tennis, in-unit W/D, etc. I can't imagine paying that much and NOT having all of that, at a minimum. How do people live like this?

Lucia Apologist

$3,000 a ****ing month? JFC. I'm on a 15-year and I pay half that for a five-bed house.

He fixes the cable?

Wages are higher out there, but not proportionately so. Boggles my mind as well.

Pretty happy in flyover land. Especially since yes, my rent is frozen. Just got confirmation this week. Less than $1000 for a 1BR, W/D in unit, vaulted ceilings, fireplace (which I don't use, but it is considered an amenity). About 825 sq ft, IIRC. Minus the incident on July 4 weekend, really quiet area, too.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

there's a good buck in that racket.

s'upp y'all

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

You too, Mookie

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Les, when I used to live back home (NY), there were money exchange places just as soon as we crossed the border into Ontario. If you haven't looked, current rate is $1 USD to about $1.28 CAD, probably slightly less at an exchange.

I would guess that while stores will likely accept USD, it's probably 1:1, so I wouldn't advise that.
    Thanks!

Sorry to quote myself here but I felt it important enough to let everyone know that Freddy Meyer will be playing in this game tonight.
    This made me giggle
    Yeah, my eyes were opened by my final Uber driver. She pays over $3000/mo for an efficiency unit in her hood. Not a studio...an efficiency unit.

She's "retiring" to San Bernardino next month. About the same price, but 2 bedrooms, pool, tennis, in-unit W/D, etc. I can't imagine paying that much and NOT having all of that, at a minimum. How do people live like this?

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    $3,000 a ****ing month? JFC. I'm on a 15-year and I pay half that for a five-bed house.
    That would pay my mortgage on my house- 4 bedroom, 2 bath on 1.5 acres.

Good morning Lodge! Sweet dreams mook!

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Thanks!

This made me giggle

That would pay my mortgage on my house- 4 bedroom, 2 bath on 1.5 acres.

Good morning Lodge! Sweet dreams mook!
    That would pay most people's mortgages twice.

Evening, Lodge. Pre-gaming at a local place, waiting for the GPL crew to show up in just over an hour. Got Maggie all nice and pretty at the full service car wash with what they call "Express Detail," which is like a fast-food version of a full detailing, but 1/4 the cost ($50). She's all dolled up for the upcoming trip.

Met up with a couple friends for lunch at church, and the mgr (who we all know) gave us a preview sample of a beer they are collab-ing with a brewery, and took a pic of us for their FB page. So, that's 2 weeks in a row I was a shill for a promotion.

And this mugginess can go away anytime now.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

So, Korean BBQ is LA is spectacular.

LA, however - at least the parts I saw in 2 days - is a pit. Many of the neighborhoods around downtown are just shady as fook. Client office was in a decent spot, but after seeing all the poverty, you can't help but wonder how much it costs to live in a "decent" (not rich) neighborhood here in the valley.
    Went out there to visit a friend at BU who did a "study abroad" in LA. The city was awful: hot, expensive, and poor. Santa Monica was really pretty though.

Les, we were looking at houses in Mass. I think times may have changed. We saw a 3 bed/2.5 bath with little land for over 600k in Billerica. Solidified our decision to stay in NH.
    Last edited by bostonewe; 07-15-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonewe View Post
    Went out there to visit a friend at BU who did a "study abroad" in LA. The city was awful: hit, expensive, and poor. Santa Monica was really pretty though.

Les, we were looking at houses in Mass. I think times may have changed. We saw a 3 bed/2.5 bath with little land for over 600k in Billerica. Solidified our decision to stay in NH.
    Yeah, I've heard two philosophies on LA.

1. You ditch your car, and live within 30 minutes of work. You Uber, or take what little LA public transit exists (contrary to popular belief, there really is a subway, the lines are just very limited to certain corridors).

2. You live out in the desert to cut down on housing cost, and pay to have a really nice car - BMW, Audi, etc. - because you'll be sitting in it 1.5-2 hrs. a day, each way.

After talking to my Uber driver, I decided the only reason to live in LA over Boston, NYC, or Seattle is the weather (assuming similar prices/mo). Frankly, I'd rather have a winter season.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

yawn!

Thread Information