This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I suddenly felt a bit ripped off at $925/mo for 2BD/1BR with the W/D in the basement.

Then I remembered, "Oh right, this would be $3,000+/mo on the coasts", and I laughed and relaxed.
    Please get back into the burlap sack... you need to be beaten again
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

Apt living will always be more expensive for less space. I've paid between $600 and $1600 for rent in my various apt over the years.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I just can't ever imagine renting unless I know I will be moving in a few years. It's just throwing money away.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I just can't ever imagine renting unless I know I will be moving in a few years. It's just throwing money away.
          Any of us could die any moment. So what's the point of worrying about equity!

Although, I do own a house now.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Due to sellers fees associated with the home buying process, it's often said that if you're planning on moving within seven years, you should rent instead of purchase. The higher monthly bill of renting is most often offset by the seller fees. And you're also going to rent if you don't have the cash to put down enough cash to satisfy lenders' financing requirements.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Due to sellers fees associated with the home buying process, it's often said that if you're planning on moving within seven years, you should rent instead of purchase. The higher monthly bill of renting is most often offset by the seller fees. And you're also going to rent if you don't have the cash to put down enough cash to satisfy lenders' financing requirements.
              Yep, but it varies. Seven is the rule of thumb. I think for me I broke even within a couple years since I refied to a 2.75% 15-year. Despite two closings I'm significantly in the black. I think closing only cost me around $5k a pop...? That seems high but I can't remember.

There are three reasons I could see renting making sense:
              1. You don't want to take care of a house
              2. You don't have a down payment or can't meet financial requirements
              3. You plan on moving within five to seven years
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Any of us could die any moment. So what's the point of worrying about equity!

Although, I do own a house now.
                Or you could live to 100 and have nothing

Which is worse?
                Code:

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!
                  Originally posted by Skeeterman
                  Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                  "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    @Brent, et. al.:

Looks like I'll be able to make a trip up to the UP. I'll go up Wednesday and stay in Baraga Wednesday and Thursday nights. Have to drive back Friday, though - family has plans for me Saturday. I'm down for whatever.
                    Wed: some of the group arriving sometime after 5 in Houghton. Relax, eat.
                    Thu: heading to MQT in morning/afternoon. Back in Houghton at 5ish to meet up with rest of the group that will be arriving. Normal Houghton Thursday, you know the drill.

Fri we do the big loop around the Keweenaw (Gay/Dreamland/etc) before ending up in Eagle River.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      Apt living will always be more expensive for less space. I've paid between $600 and $1600 for rent in my various apt over the years.
                      This. And my current policy is that my rent is now frozen. Started off 10 years ago at $825, now at $980.

I'm not moving soon, if at all. If something breaks, I call office, they fix/replace it. Option of moving is still out there, no hassle. Just don't renew lease. I have enough space for me.

Also, nice area, HUGE deck for an apt, vaulted ceilings, W/D in unit....other amenities I don't use (small gym, tennis courts). Underground parking. GOOD management. They are attentive.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I don't know if everyone is doing Gay. We'll probably do dreamland for lunch.
                        Code:

Comment

I don't know if everyone is doing Gay. We'll probably do dreamland for lunch.
                          I figure, Gay isn't out of the way, really. Hop, skip, and jump. If we skip it, so be it. Doesn't bother me any. Same with that Red Jacket brewery (IIRC) and Randy's.

Comment

Gay is really lame, IMO. My vehicle is likely going to skip Gay. Im sure we'll all talk on Wednesday. You guys do what you want. This isn't about doing things as a group. Do what you want.
                            Code:

Comment

Without context, this conversation is something else entirely.

Brent's going to skip and hop from Dreamland to Gay? Hmm... It's like Archie Bunker's nightmare in here. LOL!
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Gay is really lame, IMO. My vehicle is likely going to skip Gay. Im sure we'll all talk on Wednesday. You guys do what you want. This isn't about doing things as a group. Do what you want.
                                Hey, I respect that. But you don't like the Gay Bar?

For the non-Techies/non-Keweenaw regulars - that's the reason to go to Gay. It's a big novelty. They, of course, have a foot-long hotdog, and sell tourist t-shirts accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X