This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

Sigh. I had been doing well- out every day to do something. Was just getting back into it after the end of the semester when I was hit by the plague 3 weeks ago. Now to walk up steps gets me out of breath and every time I cough I am dizzier than heck. I want to go out and just toddle but with the heat and humidity I am scared I won't make it back. sigh

Comment

Oh, and I now have A/C again. It was 85 in the house when I went to bed last night, and 78 when I left for the office. The tech guy just left. The air and the furnace were running at the same time. When I had an emergency call this winter because I had no heat, I had a broken wire between the furnace and the thermostat. A different tech guy fixed that, but apparently cobbled the job together, causing the problem I had today. It's a miracle something didn't get fried.

At the moment I don't have heat, but given the fact that the calendar says mid-June, that is not a concern. I can deal with the existing wiring issues during vacation next month.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        It doesn't.

I hear Michiganders complaining of humidity, and I always look at them like they are crazy. Ya'll don't know humidity up here.

Having been born and raised South of the Mason-Dixon, I reserve the right to use the word "ya'll" and to be an authority on humidity
        OK, that was hyperbole. I've been to Savannah in May, and that is what heat/humidity in Michigan during August is like.

You probably have the exact look that I gave the Denverites (?) that joined me on-site last week, and were complaining about the humidity when it was maybe 50%. That's how dry the high desert is.

Comment

It gets hot and humid in MN, although not nearly as often as down south. We do run into "matching numbers" (dew point/temp) quite a bit, though, and even at 60 degrees, I hate it. I have a hard time dealing with humidity/dew point.

Pretty good storm rolled through today, although the really bad stuff hit south of the metro. This weekend looks gorgeous.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

Is it too late to yawn?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Active day in here! Melting in 978 land. Air quality stinks and the respiratory status isn't helping.

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Now that I live in the south, heat and humidity is the norm. Just like snow and cold was in MN.

So now you're a sissy if you can't handle 90F and 85% humidity!

I think today the humidity is only reaching into the mid-60s.
                  Last edited by JF_Gophers; 06-13-2017, 12:08 PM.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    It doesn't.

I hear Michiganders complaining of humidity, and I always look at them like they are crazy. Ya'll don't know humidity up here.

Having been born and raised South of the Mason-Dixon, I reserve the right to use the word "ya'll" and to be an authority on humidity
                    Bal'more / DC area may be the worst for humidity, when I've been there in July/Aug it seems even worse than many areas of the deep south.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                      Bal'more / DC area may be the worst for humidity, when I've been there in July/Aug it seems even worse than many areas of the deep south.
                      The humidity was pretty bad today already.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Very humid today here. My building runs about 15 degrees cooler than the main building, and it was tough at times. I can't imagine what the main building was like (more people, forklifts, power conveyors, etc, all generating more heat).
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Nice round of storms last night, wind was wicked in Capital City, MN.
                                As the front was moving through heard some popping and then noticed a weird smell. Could not place the smell at first but finally realized it was electrical first then another smell I could not place (it's 1AM - cut me some slack!). Checked our attic and it was fine and noticed the houses across the street seemed dark. Five minutes later the sirens got louder and louder and pulled into our street and stopped in front of our house.

Turns out the transformer in the alley across the street blew - probably due to tree limbs. Guy across the street said he saw the first one pop then the wire turned red hot and was melting some before the next transformer in line blew. Turns out the smell I could not place was the plastic (rubber?) insulation on the outside of the power line.

No damage to any homes, just some excitement at 1:30AM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X