X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

s'upp y'all
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Grilled meats. Simple but with spices.

Rice. Multiple types to choose from infused with curry, or dill, or pomegranate

Flat breads cooked in a stone onsite. Then with hummus and other types of spreads mostly white, but some yellow tinted kinds.

Olives and pickled & fresh vegetables

The desserts are pastries (flat or flaked) with cream fillings served chilled or room temp. Then offered a liquified sugar to pour. Was told they use orange to keep it from hardening.
      So, as I suspected, it's Near East/Arabic food with a bit of Pakistani-Indian flair. Makes sense - they're caught between the two.

Comment

Flat breads cooked in a stone onsite. Then with hummus and other types of spreads mostly white, but some yellow tinted kinds.

The desserts are pastries (flat or flaked) with cream fillings served chilled or room temp. Then offered a liquified sugar to pour. Was told they use orange to keep it from hardening.
        That sounds amazing.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

While I don't think it's technically Mediterranean, Iranian food sounds similar to the type. And it is indeed amazing. Hence, my fandom (for the locals) Ansari's in Eagan. The beef wrapped in grape leaves.....*drool*
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Dammit, now I want some tahdig. It's pretty much crunchy fried rice. Soooo good.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

*yawn*
                  Good morning Lodge.

Yesterday's audit went well. I wish every audit could be with someone on their last week of the job. He was a bit more lenient.

Tired today. We're having a picnic potluck at work today. I made my family's baked beans. Which meant cooking them overnight and getting up on occasion to check the liquid level. They are worth it though.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Last day of vacation for me. Other than checking email and a 2.75 hour meeting yesterday, I've been off for 13 days. Spent most of it packing up as we close on our townhouse on Monday (the 31st). It's weird, but I almost miss work -- not only do I feel like I have a purpose, but it also gives me structure. Too much free time and I end up binge-ing tv and sitting on the internet all day. To end my break, I have a 60 minute massage scheduled for 3pm and then (probably) out to dinner with my MIL (assuming she doesn't cancel again).

Comment

Work folks are laughing at mookie as he told them he buys bulk olives now at the grocery and picks on them. Bread is supposedly super cheap here due to gov'ment. Pick up a long thin French type loaf for 175 fils, tonight they threw out fresh hot flat bread which was 200 fils for a bag of 10. Each is roughly 10in across. Ate them pulling hummus. Not bad.

There is another Eid end of August for a 4 day weekend. Trying to decide going to see Amman or Beirut. Was thinking about Istanbul but the cheapest flight mookie can find is $650/rt. Can go to Dubai for under $400 for flight ANF hotel... but will be in NYC 2 weeks later and one big metropolitan city is enough
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yum!
                        Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        Last day of vacation for me. Other than checking email and a 2.75 hour meeting yesterday, I've been off for 13 days. Spent most of it packing up as we close on our townhouse on Monday (the 31st). It's weird, but I almost miss work -- not only do I feel like I have a purpose, but it also gives me structure. Too much free time and I end up binge-ing tv and sitting on the internet all day. To end my break, I have a 60 minute massage scheduled for 3pm and then (probably) out to dinner with my MIL (assuming she doesn't cancel again).
                        Congrats! I missed the buying town house thing.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

Work folks are laughing at mookie as he told them he buys bulk olives now at the grocery and picks on them. Bread is supposedly super cheap here due to gov'ment. Pick up a long thin French type loaf for 175 fils, tonight they threw out fresh hot flat bread which was 200 fils for a bag of 10. Each is roughly 10in across. Ate them pulling hummus. Not bad.

There is another Eid end of August for a 4 day weekend. Trying to decide going to see Amman or Beirut. Was thinking about Istanbul but the cheapest flight mookie can find is $650/rt. Can go to Dubai for under $400 for flight ANF hotel... but will be in NYC 2 weeks later and one big metropolitan city is enough
                          Doesn't "fils" mean "son"? You gave up that many children just for a loaf of bread?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Congrats! I missed the buying town house thing.

Good Afternoon Lodge!
                            We've been kind of mum about it until we close...just in case.

Comment

stressful!

Comment

Where?

Comment

Working...
                                X