X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    My furniture (now about 12-13 years old) came from the Slumberland outlet store. Still in prime condition, and good prices.
    Outside of the TV cabinet I picked up last summer, I don't have anything in my living room less than 12 years old.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Outside of the TV cabinet I picked up last summer, I don't have anything in my living room less than 12 years old.
      I have a couple of new bookcases. One to hold my movies and books, one to hold my beer bottles that I collect. Yes, bottles. Rare stuff. Kitsch and decor, frankly. The artwork on some is really good.

You can find some steals in the outlet stores. Have a 3' x 3' coffee table that cost me $25 because of "discoloring." Um sure, if you realllllllly look for it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have a couple of new bookcases. One to hold my movies and books, one to hold my beer bottles that I collect. Yes, bottles. Rare stuff. Kitsch and decor, frankly. The artwork on some is really good.

You can find some steals in the outlet stores. Have a 3' x 3' coffee table that cost me $25 because of "discoloring." Um sure, if you realllllllly look for it.
        I have a consignment shop directly across the street from my office. If I end up doing a patio enclosure out of the back porch, I'll be adding a dining room table to the kitchen and moving that table into the enclosure, along with a sleeper sofa.

I prefer to buy stuff once and that's it. I'm not changing out furniture every 5 years just to change styles. Even the dressers and nightstands in my bedroom are 35+ years old. My grandfather made the nightstands and one of the dressers.
        Last edited by Hammer; 05-27-2017, 07:32 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I have a consignment shop directly across the street from my office. If I end up doing a patio enclosure out of the back porch, I'll be adding a dining room table to the kitchen and moving that table into the enclosure, along with a sleeper sofa.

I prefer to buy stuff once and that's it. I'm not changing out furniture every 5 years just to change styles.
          I agree, I also hate IKEA.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I agree, I also hate IKEA.
            Never been to IKEA. No desire.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Never been to IKEA. No desire.
              I knew you were cool for a reason.

Comment

I prefer to buy stuff once and that's it. I'm not changing out furniture every 5 years just to change styles. Even the dressers and nightstands in my bedroom are 35+ years old. My grandfather made the nightstands and one of the dressers.
                The only reason we change furniture is when it wears out. We lasted forever until we had a kid. Costs so much to recover or get a decent slip cover for a couch it is cheaper to buy new

Comment

Almost everything I own is less than five years old. Most of that being due to the fact that I didn't have anything before I moved into this house.

I'm not sure I know anyone rich enough and materialistic enough to change our every five years. That's just insane. It's like renting furniture at that point.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    shopping for house stuff is always fun. When we started out we were dirt poor. Loved Salvation Army, Goodwill and Capital. The last one was like a job lots only much less organized and clean. We found some stuff with real character- some of which we still use and is better quality than if we tried to replace!
                    The MIL wanted us to drive to St, Clooud to look at a store. I am not driving 90 miles to have a chance of not finding something. There is used furniture store similar in Woodbury (east metro). We saw these 2 side tables and then saw the dining table. Needs a little work, but those are for the chairs. There was a few other items, but there were a little bit high in price. We have to go back there to find more.

My furniture (now about 12-13 years old) came from the Slumberland outlet store. Still in prime condition, and good prices.
                    We are getting our couches from Happy Harry's in Farmington. Free delivery and warranty. Other places were offering the same price, but $100+ for delivery and no warranty. Sorry Hoven, but coffee and side tables for the living room will be coming from Ikea.

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    When we first bought 'real' furniture we bought everything to match. Learned over time to mix and match. The 'matching' sets are frequently not very match-able to anything else if one piece dies.
                    I love to mix and match! I bought the color of the couch based on the blanket that I crocheted for the new furniture whenever that was going to happen. Guess that is the artist in me.
                    Originally posted by Skeeterman
                    Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                    "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                      The MIL wanted us to drive to St, Clooud to look at a store. I am not driving 90 miles to have a chance of not finding something. There is used furniture store similar in Woodbury (east metro). We saw these 2 side tables and then saw the dining table. Needs a little work, but those are for the chairs. There was a few other items, but there were a little bit high in price. We have to go back there to find more.

We are getting our couches from Happy Harry's in Farmington. Free delivery and warranty. Other places were offering the same price, but $100+ for delivery and no warranty. Sorry Hoven, but coffee and side tables for the living room will be coming from Ikea.

I love to mix and match! I bought the color of the couch based on the blanket that I crocheted for the new furniture whenever that was going to happen. Guess that is the artist in me.
                      Free delivery is HUGE. Slumberland did offer that when my (then) roommate and I bought our furniture.

DX: your age of furniture is understandable. It's all new at some point. In 5 years, you'll sound like us.

Comment

s'upp y'all

just was awoken as the coffee shop mookie slept in last night is now open for business.

why are uk keyboards different than what mookie knows? the @ is not where it belongs, dammit!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          s'upp y'all

just was awoken as the coffee shop mookie slept in last night is now open for business.

why are uk keyboards different than what mookie knows? the @ is not where it belongs, dammit!!!
                          I tried using a keyboard in France once. That didn't go well.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            s'upp y'all

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-st...t-quality=auto

Comment

I've been to IKEA once. Never again.

Comment

Never have. I'm a Hom and Dock 86 fan
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X