• Re: Rep retirement lodge CC - greetings from heathrow

My couch and bed frame are from Ikea.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

My current bed frame is from Ikea. Love it. I have had it for 15 years. I just ordered a new bed frame from Overstock.

dx - I really liked Dock 86, but I was not paying that much for delivery and warranty for furniture. I did like the lighting selection, but hubby did not.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Free delivery is HUGE. Slumberland did offer that when my (then) roommate and I bought our furniture.

DX: your age of furniture is understandable. It's all new at some point. In 5 years, you'll sound like us.
        I agree...one of the reasons we have purchased appliances at Warner's Stellion instead of Bust Buy. BB's original prices may be lower but once delivery and taking away the old one is factored in it's an easy decision.

We have been transitioning furniture over the past several years and have split purchases between HOM and Becker.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          I agree...one of the reasons we have purchased appliances at Warner's Stellion instead of Bust Buy. BB's original prices may be lower but once delivery and taking away the old one is factored in it's an easy decision.

We have been transitioning furniture over the past several years and have split purchases between HOM and Becker.
          When I bought my TV from Best Buy, it was going to be a 42" for $425, but $50 (IIRC) delivery. Instead, I purchased a 50" for $500 and free delivery. Easy choice there.

Edit: AND they took away my old burned out TV. Bonus.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
            The MIL wanted us to drive to St, Clooud to look at a store. I am not driving 90 miles to have a chance of not finding something. There is used furniture store similar in Woodbury (east metro). We saw these 2 side tables and then saw the dining table. Needs a little work, but those are for the chairs. There was a few other items, but there were a little bit high in price. We have to go back there to find more.

We are getting our couches from Happy Harry's in Farmington. Free delivery and warranty. Other places were offering the same price, but $100+ for delivery and no warranty. Sorry Hoven, but coffee and side tables for the living room will be coming from Ikea.

I love to mix and match! I bought the color of the couch based on the blanket that I crocheted for the new furniture whenever that was going to happen. Guess that is the artist in me.
            Living vicariously. It is always a fun time to pick out new things for a house.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            s'upp y'all

just was awoken as the coffee shop mookie slept in last night is now open for business.

why are uk keyboards different than what mookie knows? the @ is not where it belongs, dammit!!!
            Has anyone else thought of the irony of mookie starting a thread with this title and then living there for a few days?

Good afternoon Lodge. Briefly upright to plant the veggie garden with lots of help from mr les. Now feel exhausted.

Comment

I forgot to sign on again.

I got drenched by showers that weren't forecast.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hope you have dried off RFAlph!

Have I mentioned how much I love my husband lately? He is amazing (and I am tolerant!). I have been so sick so he prepped the veggie garden and helped me plant it- something that is usually all me while he mows

Comment

Fun day today. Met up with the beer group I'm in, then headed to a local taproom to meet up with a buddy, then to another taproom b/c why not? Met some fun people, talked shop (for lack of a better term) with the brewers at the taprooms, then finally meandered home. Relaxing day.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

By 2100 today, I had already used the words "erupted with copious vomit". :sigh:

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                      By 2100 today, I had already used the words "erupted with copious vomit". :sigh:
                      oh dear

Comment

Please, define copious.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Please, define copious.
                          Filling most of a small bucket.
                          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                              Originally posted by Skeeterman
                              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Greetings Lodge peeps. Currently on board a flight to Las Vegas! No screaming babies. We were booked on a flight at 5:30 as the only other direct flight was at 7am. They recently added another direct at 10:19 so we did a same day change for $50. Worth it to get there earlier though by doing so, I'm now in a middle seat rather than a window. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X