Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Trump's campaign was a short con, which is all he is capable of. There is no difference in his world between the end game and the now game. Maybe that will save us all in the end.

Comment

The LA Times has not pulled many punches when it comes to trump. If editorials like this had come out during the Clinton presidency and his impeachment, it would have signaled his end.

While the mere fact that trump is president is a huge problem, I maintain the bigger problem is those who can do something about it -- you know, that whole checks and balances thingy about our constitution -- refuse to do anything. The editorial makes mention of some prominent republicans who are "distancing" themselves from trump, but all too often they blend back into the fold once the story has had a couple of 24 hour cycles to cool off. We need them to decide once and for all they care more about their country than their party. At some point during the course of any presidency something happens somewhere in the world that requires the United States to take THE lead role. But world leaders have no trust or confidence in trump right now, so do the republicans in congress really want to concede that leadership to another country? What if it's China? Or Russia?

Thinking that any of this is going to get better, that trump will eventually begin to figure it out -- that "pivot" they talked about during the campaign -- is like me thinking that after 7 mediocre seasons worth of football Brian Kelly is actually going to bring Notre Dame their first championship since 1988. And coaching football ain't nearly as hard or filled with nearly as many consequences as presiding over the free world. Republicans in elected office, please do your f#ck!ng jobs. The last time I checked, your oath said something about defending the constitution. I know it says absolutely nothing about defending your party.

Comment

Some are saying that keeping Trump in office until 2020 is the best thing Dems could hope for, since he mobilizes the left and may give them advantages in '18 and '20. Makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Some are saying that keeping Trump in office until 2020 is the best thing Dems could hope for, since he mobilizes the left and may give them advantages in '18 and '20. Makes sense to me.
          That's only if marches translate into votes.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Read Pence's quotes. Do you really think he'd mobilize the Left any less? He's a True Believer in all things socially conservative. You're looking at some serious ammo there. And then look at the Gerald Ford effect - a VP taking over for a disgraced POTUS. Even Carter could win that election.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Well it is not like the Dems have any choice...even if they take the House in 2018 they wont take the Senate so he will be in office unless the DOJ finds something super illegal.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Anonymous reports that there is a sealed indictment for Trump. So far these are only circulating on third tier left sites (the type of place where Trump gets his news from the righty versions).
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Anonymous reports that there is a sealed indictment for Trump. So far these are only circulating on third tier left sites (the type of place where Trump gets his news from the righty versions).
                  Meh. If you can find a site that combines the pseudoscience of Natural News, with the conspiratorial garbage and "haw-hawing" at the anti-Trump Comedian of the Week you get from Occupy Democrats, then you'd have the InfoWars of the left.

Comment

US govt under assault by Trump after Comey firing
                    Originally posted by James Clapper
                    I think, in many ways, our institutions are under assault, both externally -- and that's the big news here, is the Russian interference in our election system. I think as well our institutions are under assault internally.

Comment

Russia saw an idiot, and they indirectly assisted him by hacking, spreading fake news stories, etc. Putin didn't have to collude with anyone to put a chink the US' global armor of prestige, he just needed a useful idiot in the Oval Office, and he got one. Our institutions are under assault because Trump feels like he's lost control, and that's a feeling he's not used to, and very much dislikes. So his natural response is to lash out.

One thing is for certain - 35% of the country is so far gone, they'll no longer believe anything the "establishment" tells them. You could put stone-cold hard evidence in front of them, and they'd tell you it was fake and part of the conspiracy (paging Col. Flaggy).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        One thing is for certain - 35% of the country is so far gone, they'll no longer believe anything the "establishment" tells them. You could put stone-cold hard evidence in front of them, and they'd tell you it was fake and part of the conspiracy (paging Col. Flaggy).
                        Couple that with republicans in congress who will not put country ahead of party and you have all the makings of some very bad things happening to our democracy. Is there a true statesman left in the congress?

Comment

Putin didn't really even need Trump to win. He just had to put enough doubt in the validity of the US election process, to make his people think there is no better form of government and he's the best they could hope for.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

****it I just came here to post that
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

As more news comes out about trump and his ties to Russia and you begin to connect all of the dots, I am getting the sinking feeling the speculation about our president being up to his neck in the laundering of dirty Russian money is absolutely true. And being tied up with laundering Russian money means being tied up with the Russian mob, which has more ties to the Russian government than I do to Notre Dame hockey.

What scares me most is that there has always been educated speculation that organized crime -- our own mob, the Mafia, la Cosa Nostra -- was behind the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Many say the Russian mafia makes the American mafia look like the "legitimate businessmen" they always jokingly claimed to be. One would have to think anyone who is tied up in shenanigans like this has put themselves and their entire family at risk.

We can't afford to have, as the leader of our government and head of state, a president who is even potentially compromised. The taint on this administration is wide and deep. If private citizens want to dabble in this world that's bad enough. When it is the inner circle of the White House, that's treasonous, and what's more, it puts our nation at risk. No, it isn't going to come in the form of ICBMs coming from over the North Pole and raining nuclear destruction on us. Instead it would be cyber attacks, or attacks on our financial systems. And a splintering of our allies support, because they can no longer have any trust in our government. And who knows what fills that vacuum.

My sincere hope is that trump is just another rotten president. Worse than the other rotten ones, sure, but we survived them and could survive this one too. Especially if congress remembers they're Americans first. But with what I believe today, trump isn't just another person in over his head in the White House. Warren Harding he's not. If you have a republican Representative or Senators in your state, contact them and tell them you expect them to behave as Americans and not as politicians. That is how we make it to 2018, or 2020. That is how trump remains nothing more than just another bad president and not our LAST president.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                And being tied up with laundering Russian money means being tied up with the Russian mob, which has more ties to the Russian government than I do to Notre Dame hockey.

What scares me most is that there has always been educated speculation that organized crime -- our own mob, the Mafia, la Cosa Nostra -- was behind the assassination of John F. Kennedy. Many say the Russian mafia makes the American mafia look like the "legitimate businessmen" they always jokingly claimed to be. One would have to think anyone who is tied up in shenanigans like this has put themselves and their entire family at risk.
                                Correct. I recommend the book "Red Mafiya" by Robert I Friedman. The book is detailed enough about the Russian mob that a $100K contract was put out for the author's life, according to US and European officials.....yeah.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X