Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Related, but not necessarily on topic. This clip keeps haunting me, because this is what we are seeing, in President Trump's mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiHN3IJ_j8A
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

SNL has trump and spicey making out. Cue unhinged twitter storm in a few hours

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        I feel like everything they've done tonight has been just that much further than they usually go and is being done to generate a response.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I feel like everything they've done tonight has been just that much further than they usually go and is being done to generate a response.
          Didn't see skit, only seeing what is posted here....going for the slapstick humor to get a response, not the smart humor that made the skits great in the first place.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Related, but not necessarily on topic. This clip keeps haunting me, because this is what we are seeing, in President Trump's mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiHN3IJ_j8A
            What's really bad, is that if any part of what Trump and his staff could allegedly be on the hook for is true, it's finally going to make Watergate look like the unnecessary "third-rate burglary" that it always was.

Maybe we'll finally retire "-gate" for some new suffix? Or perhaps we could retain "-ghazi" for fake scandals, "-gate" for minor scandals, and whatever suffix Trump ends up inspiring for the next major outrage.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              What's really bad, is that if any part of what Trump and his staff could allegedly be on the hook for is true, it's finally going to make Watergate look like the unnecessary "third-rate burglary" that it always was.

Maybe we'll finally retire "-gate" for some new suffix? Or perhaps we could retain "-ghazi" for fake scandals, "-gate" for minor scandals, and whatever suffix Trump ends up inspiring for the next major outrage.
              I would be more than fine with not keeping a "buzz" word or phrase. It diminishes the actual act over time, when repeated. See: Inflategate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                See: Inflategate.
                I preferred calling them the "Deflatriots" - much funnier.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I preferred calling them the "Deflatriots" - much funnier.
                  I just roll with a*holes, but I digress.

Comment

The mental gymnastics being performed in this thread to argue on Trump's behalf are nothing short of spectacular. 6.0 6.0 6.0 and a 5.8 from the Russian judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      The mental gymnastics being performed in this thread to argue on Trump's behalf are nothing short of spectacular. 6.0 6.0 6.0 and a 5.8 from the Russian judge.
                      Yes, but who will be busted in a year or two for using PEDs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I would be more than fine with not keeping a "buzz" word or phrase. It diminishes the actual act over time, when repeated. See: Inflategate.
                        Inflategate? Did you, like, never see one bit of media surrounding that mess? Or are you trying to make a point because you know the actual term was Deflategate?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Inflategate? Did you, like, never see one bit of media surrounding that mess? Or are you trying to make a point because you know the actual term was Deflategate?
                          My bad, Deflategate. I thought the term was lazy at best. I mis-typed.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Cold open was a bit lame (can we drop Ice Cream-ghazi please? ) until they landed the, "You're also very different from Nixon, because he won the popular vote" zinger.

Comment

What? No Orange-gate? Russia-gate? Putin-ghazi?
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Time to lawyer up?

Comment

Working...
                                X