Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Polls mean nothing, but let's be frank - people like you still act like smug pricks over what happened. Obviously it's not that simple both regarding the variety and depth of why people voted a certain way - but that attitude sets a foundation.
    Funny. I would think someone who starts a University about himself and rips off people would be labeled a smug prick. Instead he's President and Hillary Clinton is a liar. Double Standards and False Equivalency galore.

Rip me if you will about Scott Walker but his success in Wisconsin foreshadowed Trump's success in 2016. And I want nothing to do with anyone who voted for him either. And Hillary being nice and coddling them wasn't going to get her elected.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Scooby isnt acting smug, he is saying that there is zero evidence that anyone would change their vote or that any of the people who didnt vote would vote. They all knew this crap was a possibility and they didnt care then so why would they care now? It is pie in the sky to assume they would have a crisis of conscience because their principles and reasons are no different. They hated Hillary Clinton as much as they hated Donald and they werent going to reward her and I see no proof they would do it now.

Truth is though we wont know until 2020 anyways.

On another note I watched a bit more of the testimony from yesterday...Franken really broke it all down amazingly. It is a bit dry (and Yates and Clapper dont get much time to speak in this portion) but it outlines the entire scenario and opines about why despite all the warnings Trump still hired Flynn and was hesitant to fire him. Watch Here
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Scooby isnt acting smug, he is saying that there is zero evidence that anyone would change their vote or that any of the people who didnt vote would vote. They all knew this crap was a possibility and they didnt care then so why would they care now? It is pie in the sky to assume they would have a crisis of conscience because their principles and reasons are no different. They hated Hillary Clinton as much as they hated Donald and they werent going to reward her and I see no proof they would do it now.

Truth is though we wont know until 2020 anyways.

On another note I watched a bit more of the testimony from yesterday...Franken really broke it all down amazingly. It is a bit dry (and Yates and Clapper dont get much time to speak in this portion) but it outlines the entire scenario and opines about why despite all the warnings Trump still hired Flynn and was hesitant to fire him. Watch Here
        We better find something out in 2018.

When does this Russian thing rise to the level of EMAILZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? Do we get to chant "Lock Him Up" in 2019 at the convention?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Remember when Democrats talked about student debt a lot during the campaign. Like it was a campaign issue or something and people gave a ****?

Tens of millions of Americans together owe more than a trillion dollars in student debt. For the financial health of their households and the entire economy, ensuring a fair and smoothly functioning student loan system is critically important.

But with a series of regulatory changes, the Trump administration is taking us in the wrong direction, making student loans riskier, more expensive and more burdensome for borrowers.

First, the Education Department has weakened accountability for the companies that administer student loans. Second, it has made it more difficult for borrowers to apply for, and stay enrolled in, income-based payment plans. Third, Betsy DeVos, the education secretary, has given banks more leeway to charge borrowers high fees — as much as 16 percent of the balance owed — if they fall behind.

It is puzzling that Ms. DeVos has consistently said that government should be held accountable for the quality of the services it delivers to students, yet the Education Department has in short order made loan companies less accountable to both the government and to borrowers.

This is unfortunate. Dismantling the regulation of loan companies isn’t likely to unleash an innovative, private market that will improve services for borrowers, who have been assigned to a loan company and can’t shift to a better one. There is therefore no market discipline that will drive the bad companies out of business.

Deregulation, in this case, simply leaves borrowers at the mercy of an unaccountable corporate bureaucracy.
          https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/06/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Yeah, I don't remember either.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Remember when Democrats talked about student debt a lot during the campaign. Like it was a campaign issue or something and people gave a ****?

Which works hand in hand with the cuts in education funding- taking massive amounts out of college budgets, which is a major driver in the increase of tuition.

Used to be that most state schools were majority funded by the state, now it's by the student.

Comment

We better find something out in 2018.

When does this Russian thing rise to the level of EMAILZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ? Do we get to chant "Lock Him Up" in 2019 at the convention?
              Well 2018 might not mean anything in 2020 no matter how it works out...

If the Dems want Russia to stick they need to keep the pressure up. Even when people get annoyed by it, even when it seems to be going nowhere keep pushing the narrative. Every time they find even a hint of new evidence hold hearings, give interviews and be in the spotlight. That is the GOP strategy...pound it into your brain so badly that even if you dont care you still remember it. It is the old magicians trick, subtle passive hypnotism. Forget polling, forget everything else you just keep hammering the point home until 2020.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Well 2018 might not mean anything in 2020 no matter how it works out...

If the Dems want Russia to stick they need to keep the pressure up. Even when people get annoyed by it, even when it seems to be going nowhere keep pushing the narrative. Every time they find even a hint of new evidence hold hearings, give interviews and be in the spotlight. That is the GOP strategy...pound it into your brain so badly that even if you dont care you still remember it. It is the old magicians trick, subtle passive hypnotism. Forget polling, forget everything else you just keep hammering the point home until 2020.
                All true. However, they don't have any power to do what the Republicans did with Benghazi so it's much much more difficult. Interesting that they couldn't get Hillary during her testimony and they couldn't get Yates yesterday. They sure are horse**** investigators and interrogator's.

Comment

Just got a notification that a tunnel with nuclear waste collapsed in Washington state. I hav no idea where else to put it.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Just got a notification that a tunnel with nuclear waste collapsed in Washington state. I hav no idea where else to put it.
                    Headline News?
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      The story.

Hundreds of workers took cover after a tunnel in a shuttered Washington plutonium uranium extraction plant collapsed Tuesday morning.

The tunnel at the Hanford plant near Richland was full of contaminated particles, including radioactive trains that transport fuel rods, KING5 reported.

Randy Bradbury, a spokesman for the Washington state Department of Ecology, told the Associated Press there had been no release of radiation and no workers were injured.

There were no workers were in the tunnel at the time of the collapse, the AP reported.

Those at the site of the incident had already been evacuated while workers elsewhere at the plant were told to remain indoors.

The U.S. Department of Energy Richland Operations Office activated the Hanford Emergency Operations Center at 8:26 a.m. local time, after an alert was declared, according to the official Hanford site. The Hanford Fire Department was at the plant, though photos from the scene showed firefighters waiting for the official word to move closer to the site of the accident.

“There are concerns about subsidence in the soil covering railroad tunnels near a former chemical processing facility,” a statement on the Hanford site said. “The tunnels contain contaminated materials.”

A text message sent to all personnel and obtained by KING5 told workers to “secure ventilation in your building” and “refrain from eating or drinking.”

Crews doing road work near the plant may have caused vibrations that triggered the collapse, a source told KING5.

Plutonium production ended at the site in the 1980s and cleanup began in 1989.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Good call on headline news thread. I forget that we have it sometimes.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                          I guess I'm shamefully like Jared and Donald and just don't read too good.
                          Soooooo....when are you running for Congress?
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Yup. Any kid who sat out this election (or voted Trump/3rd party) should have to take it in the shorts on student debt. Every time you pay that bill think about how you were told there was no difference between a Trump and Clinton Presidency...
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Yup. Any kid who sat out this election (or voted Trump/3rd party) should have to take it in the shorts on student debt. Every time you pay that bill think about how you were told there was no difference between a Trump and Clinton Presidency...
                              So much for casting secret ballots.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                So much for casting secret ballots.
                                They're secret. Anyone can lie about who they voted for. My conscience is clear.

Comment

Working...
                                X