Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    nope. Your side wants him out and will stoop to anything to do so.

Read how the Radical Republicans went after Andrew Johnson (a Dem/Unionist). It was ugly, even by the standards of 19th century journalism.

And, if you can, read JFK's portrait of Edmund Ross in "Profiles in Courage."
    Did someone on the left take over don's twitter account?

Did someone on the left admit during an NBC interview that he fired a CIA director due to what he's investigating?

Did someone on the left brag about supplying what was confidential information to the Russians?

Did someone on the left make Flynn have a relationship with the Russians? Make him take money from them? Make Sessions have conversations with the Russians to the degree that he recused himself?

Give me a break. don and his cronies are doing all of this.

Had he taken the job seriously, none of this would be happening. Done.

But somehow you are ok with it?

Guys like you *****ed and moaned when Bill Clinton met with Loretta Lynch due to possible, but far far from confirmed conflicts of interest. Where's the same *****ing and moaning when the CIA director gets fired? Where's the same *****ing and moaning with all of the Russian ties that have lead to people either getting fired or them recusing themselves from situations- which shows that the contacts were REAL. For that matter, where's ANY *****ing and moaning about possible ties to Russia??? How can that be so easily overlooked?

And where in the world is the *****ing and moaning to the degree that was done over the RISK or exposing secrets vs. the handing over to people who are absolutely NOT our allies, and for that matter, work with countries who are against us????? Seriously?????

How in the world do you defend handing Russia secretes and then bragging about it?

Do you have ANY principles?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Can you have an economic market that has no "other" or do you need to have at least 2 currencies to establish the relative value of each currency?
      The historic "second currency" has always been gold.

< insert bad late night TV commercial about owning gold here >
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        I'm resigned to the reality that there are laws for us, but not for folks in DC.

But, as Kep said, in this case, Trump couldn't break the law. Blind squirrel wins.
        I'm sorry, that's just not acceptable.

You are more upset about someone who might have risked information than someone who handed it over, for crying out loud. Real, classified secrets.

Does it really matter that one *might* have been illegal, and other was legal?

Just because don didn't break the law, it's Ok for him to pass over secrets to the russians?????

Holy crap. That's totally pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          the only people stooping are righties like you bending over to lick Trump's ***.

There should be no "sides" here, Trump is a disgrace and anyone with half a brain should want him gone, but you're here crying about how unfair the Democrats are.
          What's ironic about guys like joe- some of my rightie friends think don is a RINO. Even a closet democrat.

Comment

No, alfa, as Kep said, Trump declassified them because he can as POTUS the minute he blabbed.

Stupid? Yup.
            Ham-fisted? Yup.

Illegal. Nope. --> "It's good to be the King!" -- Mel Brooks

I'm going numb to the shrill, from both sides. Why? Oh, while folks are dissecting a memo few have seen and calling for impeachment but can't show proof of an impeachable offense, Trump is changing Iran sanctions and pushing for an Arab "NATO". <-- The magician's other hand.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              What's ironic about guys like joe- some of my rightie friends think don is a RINO. Even a closet democrat.
              He sure as < bleep > ain't a conservative or even a neo-con. He's going to get us into a war, shooting, economic, or cyber.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Did someone on the left take over don's twitter account?

Did someone on the left admit during an NBC interview that he fired a CIA director due to what he's investigating?

Did someone on the left brag about supplying what was confidential information to the Russians?

Did someone on the left make Flynn have a relationship with the Russians? Make him take money from them? Make Sessions have conversations with the Russians to the degree that he recused himself?

Give me a break. don and his cronies are doing all of this.
                What if Don IS the left? Einhorn is Finkel, Finkel is Einhorn....

Comment

What's the charge? The President can declassify information and that's what he ham-handedly did. If that's a smart power to vest is another story.
                  Sure, he can, legally. But in most cases, such a disclosure would only happen after some study and conferral with the intelligence agencies in question, including seeking the approval to do so from the originating source. It's not just blurted out during an Oval Office meeting to demonstrate just how informed and special the president is.

Others have mentioned it. You were all gung ho to keel haul Hillary for something far less consequential, something she was found not worth prosecuting for. we never heard the end of it from you. Now that it's Trumpy, you hide yourself behind legalese and "it's not my place to make such judgements". Never mind that you felt it your place just a few short months ago.

You're Frauddy with better weaseling skills.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Sure, he can, legally. But in most cases, such a disclosure would only happen after some study and conferral with the intelligence agencies in question, including seeking the approval to do so from the originating source. It's not just blurted out during an Oval Office meeting to demonstrate just how informed and special the president is.

Others have mentioned it. You were all gung ho to keel haul Hillary for something far less consequential, something she was found not worth prosecuting for. we never heard the end of it from you. Now that it's Trumpy, you hide yourself behind legalese and "it's not my place to make such judgements". Never mind that you felt it your place just a few short months ago.

You're Frauddy with better weaseling skills.
                    The big difference, which you pointed out yourself is the president can do that. The Sec. of State cannot.

Again, weather is was wise or not is a whole different question.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      In the media's defense. Donald is a poorly spoken buffoon, who only makes policy based on personal (and friends) profit.

He has earned his poor treatment.
                      Exactly. Pretty much every crisis that joecct is complaining about people 'gunning for the president' wouldn't exist if the man could just shut his effin' cakehole. Isn't there anyone in that White house who can take his damm phone away, stop the nightly twitter attacks? Story today had him roaming the White house corridors, throwing F bombs and blaming this all on his aides, isn't there anyone there with the balls to tell him if he'd just shut his mouth none of this would be happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                        The big difference, which you pointed out yourself is the president can do that. The Sec. of State cannot.

And the Sec. of State did not do this, did not do anything close to what is said to have happened here. Didn't stop the wingnuts from having a witch hunt, and making up whole cloth things that never happened.

But I guess this is just another episode of IOKIYAR. You and Sicatoka seem to think so.

Comment

No, alfa, as Kep said, Trump declassified them because he can as POTUS the minute he blabbed.

Stupid? Yup.
                          Ham-fisted? Yup.
                          Careless?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            tD has a point, though. The left is gunning for a coup d'etat.

Andrew Johnson comes to mind as the closest sitting president.
                            I remember reading that Johnson was loathed by absolutely everyone. He had as close to zero support as possible. This is just another example of Trump demonstrating yet further ignorance of this nation's history. Aren't we lucky to have him as our president?
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

We were told that her failure to properly handle classified information disqualified Clinton from the presidency. But why should it have mattered? Once you're the president, there is no such thing as mishandling classified information--right Sic...right Tiggsy?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post

Right except that we arent asking whether he thinks it is legal...we have said we get it is legal. Lots of things are legal though that tick us all off.

It isnt like when the FBI said Clinton would not be prosecuted he let it go with a shrug. He said, and I am paraphrasing, that to him classified intel is a huge flipping deal and that any sense that it was mishandled is a ****ing offense hence his feelings about Hillary on the matter. He wasnt "frustrated" he was mad as hell. (as is his right)

He is now using a legal classification to get out of truly answering the question. IN HIS OPINION is that the point of no return? He set the standard by posting about it in depth on here multiple times. If he had the choice what would happen to Trump over this?
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X