Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I saw a clip of his commencement speech. Usually commencement speakers get honorary degrees and wear robes. I take it he didn't get all that?
    They gave him an honorary JD. Because of course they did.

Comment

This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump, but it bothers me to no end when schools confer honorary degrees to people. I know this is weird, but I feel like it cheapens the idea of a degree and what it means to earn one.

Every school has different methods, specialties, and rigor. In chemical engineering, the southern schools are heavily influenced by the oil industry. They tend to focus on industrial engineering rather than the theory as the northern schools do. A graduate from Houston or Texas is going to have a different subset of knowledge than someone from Minnesota or Wisconsin.

It's not just knowledge, it's time. It's study. It's that you learned from a place of knowledge and have been blessed by the leaders of that institution as having completed a sort of apprenticeship under the professors.

I know it's a meaningless practice, but it's always bothered me.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

In Trump's latest example of placing loyalty (to the whiner-in-chief) far ahead of capability for an important position, Trump named non-scientist (and frequent Trump defender/apologist on cable) Sam Clovis to head the USDA's research section. Certainly not surprising given other nominations and appointments, but definitely aimed at making Trump successful, not making America great.
        https://www.propublica.org/article/t...ot-a-scientist
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Oh my god. Please let this be true.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...d_shakeup.html
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Of course this is what it's all about.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/...r-with-the-fbi

Another F.B.I. insider points out that while the media has focused on the investigation of possible collusion between Russia and Trump’s campaign, there are actually multiple inquiries in progress. “There’s also a cyber investigation, about the hacking and whether crimes were committed,” he says. “And then there’s the business side: Was there money laundering going on? Money from these Russian plutocrats that’s been washed through Trump’s real estate and businesses? That’s gotten overlooked, but Preet Bharara and the Southern District were supposedly looking into that.” They were until April anyway, when Trump and Sessions canned Bharara along with 45 other U.S. attorneys.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

LOL, Guilfoyle. That Real Housewife of Implantsistan is perfect for the role. Perhaps she and Trump can trade tanning fluids in the Lincoln Bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                If lying under oath is a high crime and misdemeanor then firing someone for investigating you and threatening them if they testify certainly is. (which is what Brent is saying Trump is doing) Witness tampering is a very serious offense and obstruction of justice are huge crimes.
                This. We already have a base example (Pres Clinton). What Pres Trump is doing is much much worse.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  But why didn't he wear a robe and get the hood you get when you get an honorary degree?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    jfc
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      But why didn't he wear a robe and get the hood you get when you get an honorary degree?
                      Probably because he doesn't care. Hey, it is only Liberty, and he's an Ivy Leaguer . All he cares about is that Falwell Jr. sold his soul to him, and allows him to speak to (paraphrasing here), "the BIGGEST crowd in the history of the school!"

Surprised he didn't say, "the BIGGEST crowd in the history of ANY school! They usually don't like me on college campuses! But whadda they know? Most of 'em are LOSERS like Hillary! Not here though, we gotta lotta winners in this YUGE crowd! Almost as YUGE as my election win! Go look at the map!"

Comment

Next week's interview he'll be talking about how he has a law degree, just like he talked about the Purple Heart last fall.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          So he got the fake version of an even faker degree. I mean, isn't Liberty's law school the one that says that their law school follows the Bible and not, you know, actual US law and the Constitution?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

If that was going to happen, I wouldn't put it past Trump to announce it at around 10:30pm to throw a wrench into tonight's SNL.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              This has absolutely nothing to do with Trump, but it bothers me to no end when schools confer honorary degrees to people. I know this is weird, but I feel like it cheapens the idea of a degree and what it means to earn one.
                              100% agree.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I concur honorary degrees are almost always nonsense. If an institution feels compelled to give one out, it should only be something like a B.A. in General Studies.

Comment

Working...
                                X