Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    But they are pretty inseparable. One leads to the other. And as an example, where does Marx say the bourgeoisie gives up their property voluntarily for the good of the state? He doesn't, because they won't. Which means the proletariat must seize their property by force. And as people are generally inclined to protect their homes and property, you're probably gonna have to kill or imprison them to take their stuff. Which as we've seen several times, is exactly the form this particular ideology takes. Just ask 65 million Chinese or 20 million Russians. (You can't. They're dead.)

And even after that initial murdering is done, it continues, because Communism as some happy, "everybody is equal - no one is above anyone else" does not exist because for one, people are not wired that way and someone will always take power unchecked. Pretending the ideology when put into practice leads to something else that is good, is just that -- pretend.
    Not defending the USSR in anyway, but I still think you are confusing things.

When the Russian revolution began, EVERYTHING was owned by royalty of some type. All of it. And everyone else was treated like crap.

Where people died was when Communism in one person's view was different than someone else- and the thug won. And won over anyone who didn't agree. That's not communism speaking, that's thuggery.

Given how the world was going, England was lucky to have a Parliament that they elected- as they could have easily fallen into the same spot at the Russians had they not- people died in WWI due to the "Lords" being the only ones that could be officers, and most were terrible at doing it, and much of the population was cheap labor. Just like in Russia.

The thuggery is one MORE reason that so many people are against don- he's a two bit thug. And is using the office as his battering ram.

Hitler came to power in an elected government system, too. Left unchecked, we saw what happened there.

The reasons why communism doesn't work isn't because of thuggery and dictatorships. It's because people just can't work that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      My sarcasm detector is broken. Please tell me this is a joke.
      nope. Your side wants him out and will stoop to anything to do so.

Read how the Radical Republicans went after Andrew Johnson (a Dem/Unionist). It was ugly, even by the standards of 19th century journalism.

And, if you can, read JFK's portrait of Edmund Ross in "Profiles in Courage."
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        That's the scarlet lipstick on a killer zombie pig. Look into it.
        So the US communist party want to kill a bunch of people? Is that their stated goal?

They may be wrong in the economic system that they want to do, but that does not mean they want obliterate anyone but their own race.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          tD has a point, though. The left is gunning for a coup d'etat.
          Heck, the Minneapolis (Red) Star-Tribune laid out how to do it ... Constitutionally.
          http://www.startribune.com/impeach-p...hmm/422641744/
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I'll take as much action as you're willing to put down as to Trump ever being an inmate in Leavenworth. (I'll do the same for Obama.)
            Woosh.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Given his personality, it would not surprise me in the least if he told people to get the FBI to end the inquiry. No, we don't have all the facts yet but if what Comey alleges is true (and why would he make that up?) how is this any different than Nixon having the CIA tell the FBI to back off the Watergate investigation?
              I don't think it is, except in one very important way. It is 45 years later and 100+ days into an administration that has basically been a firestorm.

Let's be honest. Since the night of the election, political discussion in this country has been nothing short of an astounding frenzy. It's something about which (hopefully) some really excellent books and studies are penned, because I think it's certainly unprecedented here.

The result of that is the demand to back off gets lost in the noise. It just becomes what is, and has been since early November, "normal."
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I'm not happy; I am frustrated; however, this is not an impeachable offense.

The blind squirrel wins.
                Relative to your posts about Secretary Clinton, your lack of happiness and degree of frustration are incredibly quiet. Almost defensive.

Kinda sad. I thought you really had principles.

Instead you will hide behind the law to protect someone who outright betrays secrets vs. someone who might have, could have....

Reminds me that I have stated that I'm not going to bother protecting the rights of many gun owners. They don't stand up for any other right besides the one to own guns.

Comment

Please provide a list of stoops made to date.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    Please provide a list of stoops made to date.
                    Seconded.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'd like to posit BitCoin is the genetic mutation to capitalism that may be the next thing, or the origin of it, but, we'll be dead before we'll know. Then again, BitCoin is just another way to maneuver about in capitalism.
                      Bitcoin is a currency system, it's counterpart is sovereign currency. That's just one component of whatever economic system you're under. It would be a pretty big change, though.

I've tried asking my genius economist friend this but I didn't understand 2.5% of his answer: could there be a single world currency? Can you have an economic market that has no "other" or do you need to have at least 2 currencies to establish the relative value of each currency?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"One. We want more."
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          "One We want more."
                          How could Rep Amash stoop so low--he's trying to orchestrate a coup!

Comment

the only people stooping are righties like you bending over to lick Trump's ***.

There should be no "sides" here, Trump is a disgrace and anyone with half a brain should want him gone, but you're here crying about how unfair the Democrats are.

Comment

Suckers.

Donald Trump's White House has renewed sanctions relief for Iran, despite the US president's past criticism.

The easing of sanctions is part of a crucial nuclear deal brokered in 2015 under then-President Barack Obama with five other world powers.

Mr Trump has described the landmark agreement as the "worst deal ever".
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                Relative to your posts about Secretary Clinton, your lack of happiness and degree of frustration are incredibly quiet.
                                I'm resigned to the reality that there are laws for us, but not for folks in DC.

But, as Kep said, in this case, Trump couldn't break the law. Blind squirrel wins.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X