Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Doesn't it take a supermajority to convict? So Pence would never be in a position to vote?
    Yes, bronco nick corrected me. It's two thirds. Hey, I was 16 when the whole Clinton trial happened. 😄
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

My biggest concern with a Trump impeachment is his biggest mouthbreathers. Not that they would full-on revolt, but that the nuttiest of them would be spurred to terror acts, and would fail to understand why that is no different than the Islamist terrorists they fear and loathe.

If even 1% of this country would die for Trump, we're in for a serious tragedy.

Comment

From Politico:

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), when asked about the news by a POLITICO reporter, looked her in the eye, gave her the middle finger and walked away.
        Like all House members, he is up for re-election in November 2018.
        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Easy now
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            From Politico:

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), when asked about the news by a POLITICO reporter, looked her in the eye, gave her the middle finger and walked away.
            Like all House members, he is up for re-election in November 2018.
            That cant be true...I mean...can it?

edit: Holy crap its real!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

President Trump won't last a calendar year, far short of my initial prediction of 2 years. Sure, legal proceedings may technically keep him in office for more than a year, but effectively.....he gone. Has to be gone. If he's NOT gone.....THEN we are in serious trouble.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

It's not that surprising with his world caving in around him, but I love the way Politico ended that report.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I'll give some credit: it wasn't some general blabber/evading the question generic answer.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    My biggest concern with a Trump impeachment is his biggest mouthbreathers. Not that they would full-on revolt, but that the nuttiest of them would be spurred to terror acts, and would fail to understand why that is no different than the Islamist terrorists they fear and loathe.

If this is true, then there is no avoiding it. What else would we be able to do? 60 million people voted for him. This is American in 2017. Hatred and bigotry were on display in this election and many of us simply did not want to believe our country was truly this sick. It is. Sure some of the people who voted for trump were naive. But a large number of them were what MKL referred to as "our sick white brothers." Trump is going to fail as president, and at best we're just going to see none of his most damaging policies and ideas come to pass. That alone might make whatever percentage of the country who is willing to die for Trump put that plan into action. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. And yes, that would mean we're in for serious tragedy. Civil war like tragedy. It's yet another reason our congress -- and by that I mean congressional republicans -- need to act quickly. They need to do something before the Trump supporters have years to build up to some sort of conflagration. This fire might be able to be extinguished now without a lot of negative consequences. In another 3 or 4 years? No way. The events that have begun to unfold in the last week or so are giving the republicans the out they need. God help us if they don't recognize it.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      If this is true, then there is no avoiding it. What else would we be able to do? 60 million people voted for him. This is American in 2017. Hatred and bigotry were on display in this election and many of us simply did not want to believe our country was truly this sick. It is. Sure some of the people who voted for trump were naive. But a large number of them were what MKL referred to as "our sick white brothers." Trump is going to fail as president, and at best we're just going to see none of his most damaging policies and ideas come to pass. That alone might make whatever percentage of the country who is willing to die for Trump put that plan into action. It wouldn't surprise me in the least. And yes, that would mean we're in for serious tragedy. Civil war like tragedy. It's yet another reason our congress -- and by that I mean congressional republicans -- need to act quickly. They need to do something before the Trump supporters have years to build up to some sort of conflagration. This fire might be able to be extinguished now without a lot of negative consequences. In another 3 or 4 years? No way. The events that have begun to unfold in the last week or so are giving the republicans the out they need. God help us if they don't recognize it.
                      I've been told both sides have the same amount of racists. One side is just more vocal.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I've been told both sides have the same amount of racists. One side is just more vocal.
                        I said that. I'll own up.

Racism knows no party. It's regionalism. It's upbringing. To think that no liberal-thinking, or Democrat, or whoever, is not racist simply because of a general political party association? Mis-guided.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          One side just got a dude elected after they "lost their identity" after 8 years .

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            One side just got a dude elected after they "lost their identity" after 8 years .
                            And I bet not all are racists.

Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              Easy now
                              Easy now. OK, 1% was hyperbole. How about 0.1%? That would still be over a million citizens.

Also, the country is still 73% white, and 70% Christian. And 1% Muslim.
                              Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-16-2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                And I bet not all are racists.

Just saying.
                                No. They just condone it.

Comment

Working...
                                X