Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Thanks for the reply on the hypothetical. I really didn't know. I gather it would hinge on the fact that Ivan had illegally obtained info, or is that not the crux of it?
    I would think it would also depend on what the information is and why it would be released that day. If Tuesday is the election and it is some private information on Clinton that both parties knew wasnt supposed to be made public or was obtained illegally I would assume that would put them in some really hot water. If the information was false it would be even worse if they knew it.

See the issue is thatin your example they is an overt act, the person is saying "do this then". Most often we dont have that which is why nothing came from the Bush team telling people in South Carolina before the primary that McCain had a black baby out of wedlock even though his daughter was adopted and not Black.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Could you point me to all these direct statements? I'm guessing there is an aggregation of them somewhere on the internet then that I haven't seen.
      I don't know that there's a good aggregation, but here's some:

Originally posted by DJ Drumpf
      “In fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.”
      Originally posted by Col Chucklebee Sanders
      “We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity,” Sanders said in regard to the bureau’s Russia investigation. “And we think that we’ve actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen.”
      And as far as Grassley saying there's no looking into Trump...Spicey just doin' what Spicey do (Which is lie his *** off)

“Sen. Grassley has not spoken to President Trump about what he has learned in briefings related to investigations into Russian interference in our elections, and he has never referred to the notion of collusion as a ‘hoax,’” Grassley’s spokesman, Taylor Foy, emailed Yahoo News.

Comment

Trump can produce all sorts of arguments for firing Comey and he doesn't even need one.
        Yes, we've noticed. Seeing as how he can't seem to settle on one solid reason, and keeps changing the story.

Comment

Trump can produce all sorts of arguments for firing Comey and he doesn't even need one.
          The problem is he has already said them, and once you say stupid things out loud there are consequences. See the Travel ban and the effect of campaigning based on a Muslim ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            In the Lester Holt interview he says that the Russian Probe was part of the decision. His aides tried to cover him by saying it had to do with the emails you all had a hardon for but he said it played a part. Now he is attacking the guy on twitter (like he did Sally Yates) What he said isnt as bad (although it is easy to read between the lines...which you know) as many are making it out to be but it was a stupid mistake to say that which is why it went nuclear.

And going back a few posts to your response to unofan...do you honestly think Trump doesnt assume that Comey being fired would slow down or stop the investigation? Let me guess you also believe Reagan had no idea he was lying to the American people (in a televised address) about the dirty crap they were pulling to right?

Here is a question for you...lets say Governor Mark Dayton is under criminal investigation for money laundering or some such nonsense. (some state matter...leave the feds out of this for this hypothetical) Should it be ok for him to fire the head of the investigation in the middle of the investigation just because he has the right to do so? Personally I say no. The appearance of impropriety is bad enough that such power should not be allowed.
            First just a reminder that I'm basing this stuff on whether or not Trump committed a crime as Dershowitz argued he didn't, not how it looks or how it could conceivably be. Almost nothing Trump says can't be interpreted by someone as horriffic as we've seen countless times over the last year. It's not a matter of whether I think Trump did the right or wrong thing, it's whether it's a crime and grounds for impeachment. Trump and surrogates have said Comey was doing a bad job as have dozens of other officials. Trump has further said he wants the investigation carried out to a conclusion with integrity. Trump has said he himself isn't a target. Here's what Grassley said in the Senate:

It would not be appropriate for me to reveal those details before the professionals conducting the investigations are ready. So, I will not answer any questions about who are targets of the ongoing Russia investigations. But I will say this: Shortly after Director Comey briefed us, I tweeted that he should be transparent. I said he should tell the public what he told Senator Feinstein and me about whether the FBI is or is not investigating the President … On Tuesday, the President’s letter said that Director Comey told him he was not under investigation. Senator Feinstein and I heard nothing that contradicted the President’s statement.
            Grassley went on to argue that “the American people deserve to know if senior government officials are under active criminal or intelligence investigation.”

“Wild speculation that the FBI is targeting the president in a criminal or intelligence inquiry is not just irresponsible and unfounded,” the senator continued. “It provides aid and comfort to the Russians and their goal of undermining faith in our democracy.”
            Senator Feinstein immediately concurred with Grassley's statement.

Earlier you compared a judge, and then later the AG's recusal with the President's failure to do so. A judge's recusal is covered by statute. I haven't looked it up, but the AG may be also, (or not) but at the least a conflict of interest with the AG can undermine a conviction in court. The office of the President is not like that at all. I'm not saying it might not look proper, but that Presidents are under no such constraint. The ballot box restrains them.

Your hypothetical says Dayton himself is under criminal investigation. We don't know for certain, but in fact there's strong suggestion Trump himself isn't. Let's say that Dayton's old Secretary of Agriculture, who he had fired months ago was under investigation. And the lead investigator is uniformly hated by the state citizens and members of both parties in the assembly and senate. Dayton fires him. Could it be to protect his old Sec Ag? Sure. Although it seems risky and not all that likely to produce the desired result. Could it be for other reasons? Sure. But we're back to putting Dayton's thoughts on trial, which Dershowitz argues is a dangerous road to go down. Madonna has "thought" about blowing up the Whitehouse.
            Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 05-13-2017, 11:58 AM.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

We interrupt this discussion of whether Mr. Trump has gone beyond being embarrassingly unfit to actually committing a crime that warrants impeachment to remind the audience that is probably still a close call whether he would win again in a redo of the election.

Where is the cancer in this body politic?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                We interrupt this discussion of whether Mr. Trump has gone beyond being embarrassingly unfit to actually committing a crime that warrants impeachment to remind the audience that is probably still a close call whether he would win again in a redo of the election.

Not in my county, but sadly in many parts of my state. And yours.

Not as many as Ohio though. So we've got that goin' for us...which, is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post

There is multiple cancers all destroying us from within. There is voter suppression, there is laziness and there is the cancer of belief that the system is unfixable and unworkable. When you have a disenfranchised electorate you put yourself at risk.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

But on the bright side we went almost two pages of somewhat controversial discussion without anybody being called a fascist monster or commie wingnut. There's always hope!
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

You need to look no further than one of the comments on this story to find why the GOP doesn't need to do a **** thing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-senate-238355

You can ALWAYS tell if a good thing is happenning when liberals melt down over it; as they are here - LOVE IT !!!
                      They don't love America. They hate liberals. It's been mentioned on here before. The GOP and their supporters would rather scuttle the country than see a liberal happy
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Not in my county, but sadly in many parts of my state. And yours.

Not as many as Ohio though. So we've got that goin' for us...which, is nice.
                        Trump would win Ohio today by more than the 8 percentage points he won by in November. Ohio is ground zero for trump voters who are doubling down on him, and the state is getting redder and redder all the time. All of the news about trump has only served to make those who voted for him support him with even more conviction now. It's amazing to see. In fact instead of being the bell weather state it has been in so many recent elections, going forward I expect Ohio to remain reliably red. I don't think the next Democratic presidential nominee should ignore Ohio completely, but Hillary would have been better served by spending most of the 15 days she spent in Ohio over the final 2 months of her campaign in PA, MI and WI, all states she lost by less than a percentage point. Ohio now reminds me of the south more than PA from what I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          They don't love America. They hate liberals. It's been mentioned on here before. The GOP and their supporters would rather scuttle the country than see a liberal happy
                          Duh. Why do you think Frauddy trolls here all the time?

Comment

"In America, we don’t worship government, we worship God."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d7bc92bdb118

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              "In America, we don’t worship government, we worship God."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d7bc92bdb118
                              Guarantee you Pence fed him that line.

Comment

I saw a clip of his commencement speech. Usually commencement speakers get honorary degrees and wear robes. I take it he didn't get all that?

Comment

Working...
                                X