Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.09: How do I hate thee? Let me count the posts.

Calista Gingrich to be named US Ambassador to Vatican.
    Good news: Gets her hubby off TV.
    Bad news: Basilica of the National Shrine loses a choir member.

On a personal note, WTH does the Vatican need ambassadors? We're dealing with a kingdom not of this world. Forget the temporal power a wield the unbreakable spiritual power, for you know who's sake!!!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

When NBA coaches are commenting on Trump you know he is in trouble
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        WTH does the Vatican need ambassadors? We're dealing with a kingdom not of this world. Forget the temporal power a wield the unbreakable spiritual power, for you know who's sake!!!
        Pretty sure this was Luther's point about bishops.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          When NBA coaches are commenting on Trump you know he is in trouble
          Who, Pop or trump? I don't think an NBA coach's comments mean anything as far as trump being in trouble, certainly nothing more than some political talking head on CNN or ABC. What signals trouble for trump is high ranking House or Senate Republicans saying similar things to what Gregg Popovich says.

Comment

Whatever dignity Nikki Haley gained from her handling of the slaver flag in SC she lost this weekend being a mindless water carrier for Trump's Islam Karimov drag act.
            Last edited by Kepler; 05-15-2017, 07:32 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

To show what kind of people are in charge...

The travel ban is back in court today. The one that was supposed to last for just 90 days.

Let's remind ourselves of their "reason" for the ban- it's to find a more effective way to filter people coming to the US.

don signed the first order back in Jan, over 15 weeks ago. By my math, that's over 100 days. The second order was March 6, 10 weeks ago, which is 70 days.

They should be done by now, given the date of the first one, or at least most of the way done based on the second.

A report from Scott Horsley on NPR this morning tells us that the 90 days hasn't even started in terms of the new process.

So it appears that this groups of people can't work. Really? You need a ban in place just to review the vetting process? Somehow the fact that people are coming to the country means you can't review how the system works??

Or is the reality that this is a ban, not a review? And this ban will be extended over and over again?

I do hope the judge asks how the new process is coming, as the answer will clearly show the actual intention of the ban, and not the stated reason.

Comment

It was always meant to be a permanent ban. Always.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Certainly. If you're reviewing the process, why would you need to implement a ban anyway? Just get the review done, implement the new policy.

Except the ban was the new policy.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I'm amazed at how pathetically bad they are at politics. At least they can attempt at doing what they claim to want to do.

This kind of ineptitude is stunning.

I suppose if this Russia thing keeps going up, it's not going to last too long.

Comment

Remember everyone. Hillary and Trump were the same thing. There was no difference according to the Susan Sarandon Vote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/14/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Given Mr. Sessions’s long record as a zealous prosecutor and his well-known views on the dangers of drug use, his push to undo Obama-era sentencing policies and ramp up the war on drugs was hardly a surprise. But it was still striking, because it ran so contrary to the growing bipartisan consensus coursing through Washington and many state capitals in recent years — a view that America was guilty of excessive incarceration and that large prison populations were too costly in tax dollars and the toll on families and communities.
                      We have the most worthless piece of **** for an Attorney General in the entire History of these United States.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        I'm amazed at how pathetically bad they are at politics. At least they can attempt at doing what they claim to want to do.

This kind of ineptitude is stunning.

I suppose if this Russia thing keeps going up, it's not going to last too long.
                        I think we should be thankful that they are so inept. But I guess that's to be expected when you install true believers to run government, and not people who have actually been educated in, and have experience in, the jobs they are asked to do and oversee.

Kinda like the ones the Bush administration chose to head the reconstruction of Iraq. We know how well that worked out.
                        Last edited by rufus; 05-15-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Remember everyone. Hillary and Trump were the same thing. There was no difference according to the Susan Sarandon Vote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/14/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

We have the most worthless piece of **** for an Attorney General in the entire History of these United States.
                          Isn't he also big on more privatization of prisons? I'm sure there's a monetary connection in there somewhere between that, and his push for tougher sentencing.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            Isn't he also big on more privatization of prisons? I'm sure there's a monetary connection in there somewhere between that, and his push for tougher sentencing.
                            Yes. Two worst things you can do. Thanks Susan.

Comment

Do you think they're pushing to undo a lot of this stuff because it is all tied to Obama? Not that they think it's bad, it's just his? And then institute something similar so it will have the Rs/Trump's name all over it as if to say "MINE'S BETTER"?

Comment

Well Tom Price said that faith in God will help stop the opioid crisis...I am sure we wont ave to worry about this for much longer
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X