Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

I am super happy so far with Anton in net. He seems quick and I feel like that is something that has been lacking in more recent goalies. Also really like how Hope is playing. He will be rewarded soon with a goal, he’s definitely been working hard. Jandric is fast and I like that too!

Not a fantatsic weekend but not disappointing either. Hoping they can keep the momentum going in to St. Cloud next weekend!

Comment

Tight game tonight as the Nooks tied Air Force 1-1. Physical and choppy with a low shot count. Nooks had a goal waived off for goaltender interference (I think). From my view it looked like it should have counted, but I didn’t have access to video review. But neither did the refs. Not sure how they overruled the call on the ice with no review. Oh well,...we let their man come out of the box and tie it up on a breakaway, so we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Martinsson played extremely well. If he’s consistent and healthy then we’ve got a good one and will win our share of games this year. Generally we looked faster than Air Force but they were strong on the puck. We seem to overpass a bit and make too many no-look soft passes resulting in turnovers. But overall we looked pretty good for an early season series. Next week we are out of the frying pan and into the fire with St. Cloud.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Good analysis. As with the called off goal... man in crease. I'm giving the team a B leaning towards a B+. Positives were Martinsson and defense. Both were very solid. Team played well 4 out of the 6 periods.( OT was good too) Out shot AF both games (34-26 & 26-25) As with work in progress, still need to cut down on PIMS. Had 12 total for the weekend and 2 were taken on our PP. No bueno! Forwards need more time to gel. Unforced turnovers, not quick enough puck movement and painted themselves into corners. That's all easy fixes. The boys should be satisfied with the weekend but not jumping for joy. We'll be very competitive in the league with these tweaks. They'll need to put on their big boy pants this coming weekend. All that said, I just want to see 60 minutes of hard work and smart hockey... win or lose.
        Last edited by Bar Down; 10-08-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

A little concerned that all three of our goals were scored by the defense (the 3x3 doesn't count). We had lots of quality scoring chances but failed to finish. We don’t want to get into that rut again. Would’a, should’a, could’a.

St. Cloud will be a battle (a close one I hope).

Comment

Much better game on Saturday, the boys cut down on the turnovers, especially in the defensive zone and the passing was better. They put the puck in the net 4 times in 68 minutes, but only one actually counted. I agree with the goal being waved off for man in the crease, I just think it's crazy they can't review it when they replayed it 4 times on the big screen. I don't know what exactly happened with Hope's breakaway in the third period, one that they again did not look at, but on the replay on the big screen the puck seemed to be in the back of the net right away. Next week will be tough, we need our defense to be on top of things and not give up wide open shots like they did on Friday. But if we again can't get any goals from our forwards it will not be pretty at St. Cloud. Hoping for at least a split this weekend.
            Go Nanooks!!

Comment

UAF @ SCSU

Early in the first 1-0 Nooks

Comment

Goooooo NANOOKS!!

Comment

2-0 Nooks

Comment

Nooks 3-0

Comment

SCSU scores
                      3-1Nooks

Comment

Nooks up 3-1 after one, with goals from Hope , Leer, Van Tetering
                        SOGs 16-11 SCSU

Go Nooks!

Comment

SCSU scores on PP
                          Still Nooks 3-2

Comment

After two.
                            3-2 Nooks
                            SOGs 27-19 SCSU

Nooks didn't stay aggressive that period, sat back too much.
                            Too much time left to protect a lead with a skilled team like SCSU.
                            Most of Martinsson's saves were fairly routine, not too many quality scoring chances. Nooks had a couple good chances.
                            Nooks need to go after them. Live and die by the sword.

Go Nooks!
                            Last edited by mmf; 10-13-2017, 09:16 PM.

Comment

SCSU ties it up 3-3
                              15 min left in third.

Comment

Nooks commit 5 min major.
                                4 on 3 for 1 min +

Comment

Working...
                                X