X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    You've gotta move when the job is open.
    per game......probably a pay cut. but the away games bus rides will make up for it.
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Ding ding ding. Especially in a place like Calgary (bigger than any WCHA market) that has a direct relationship with an NHL franchise. Most WCHA coaches would make a similar move, IMO.
      So is UA_ looking for a rising Jr B coach from a big city?
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
        So is UA_ looking for a rising Jr B coach from a big city?
        Nice try. Tell coach Thomas he need not apply.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          Nice try. Tell coach Thomas he need not apply.
          Don’t worry He would not take the slash in pay for some village employment.

Maybe Rob Proffett, He used to be a Jr B coach who likes village life.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
            Don’t worry He would not take the slash in pay for some village employment.

Maybe Rob Proffett, He used to be a Jr B coach who likes village life.
            Shall we do another countdown:

Notable things of Fairbanks

Chena Hot Springs
            the dump

One is +50 miles out of town, the other is well you know.
            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Lance West officially promoted to head coach, no interim tag.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Lance has certainly paid his dues and deserves the chance. He has been a big part of our recruitment effort for a number of years. The easy transition and the uncertainty of our budget situation also factor in. Even if they had wanted to do a national search, it would have been a tough sell because there are not many promises or commitments the administration could make in good faith. Good luck Lance.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Ditto!!!!!

Comment

Lance is still well-loved here. I hope he wins 30 WCHA games a season (as long as all losses are to UAH).

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

The Daily News-miner put an "interim" tag on him in this morning's paper, but I'm assuming that's in error. The U press release did not refer to any future national search or mention any "interim" status. Of course, with our legislature, any coaching position is just "interim" status.

Comment

This has been out there for a few days on many hockey sites, but thought I'd link to it here since in our minds Parayko will always be a Nanook. Good player, great kid.
                        Parayko agrees to five-year, $27.5 million deal.

Comment

I see we picked up a new 17-18 recruit, Max Newton with the BCHL Cowichan Valley Capitals (58-25-34-59). That’s five freshman forwards. Given there is budget pressure on scholarships, did we lose anybody with the coaching change?

Comment

I see we picked up a new 17-18 recruit, Max Newton with the BCHL Cowichan Valley Capitals (58-25-34-59). That’s five freshman forwards. Given there is budget pressure on scholarships, did we lose anybody with the coaching change?
                            Jenks and Mullally are NOT listed on the 17-18 roster

Comment

The departure of those two has been known for awhile. The on-line roster does not list Newton nor exclude any additional names as far as I can tell. Newton has good BCHL stats, but a late addition always raises an eyebrow.

Comment

This has been out there for a few days on many hockey sites, but thought I'd link to it here since in our minds Parayko will always be a Nanook. Good player, great kid.
                                Parayko agrees to five-year, $27.5 million deal.
                                Did he forget already?

Comment

Working...
                                X