Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Oh yes, how could I forget that. How about this was our first sweep against a team with at least 5 wins.
    Hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
      Oh yes, how could I forget that. How about this was our first sweep against a team with at least 5 wins.
      Pretty sure your team will get another home sweep fairly soon.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Pretty sure your team will get another home sweep fairly soon.
        Depends on how badly your guys want to send Thomas out on a good note.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska Nanooks 2017-2018 Season

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Depends on how badly your guys want to send Thomas out on a good note.
          HA, I don't think they care.
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Into the black hole abyss of Marquette we go. Three wins all-time in that lakefront metropolis.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

0-0 after one.
              NMU controlled play the last 10 minutes and we were lucky to get out of the first 0-0.
              Lets go boys, tighten up the defense and get more pucks and bodies to the net.

Go Nooks!

Comment

1-1 after two. SOGs 16-12 NMU.
                NMU has quick sticks. We need quicker shots and and just more hard work in the crease.
                The boys are playing pretty well. Martinsson has been solid when the defense breaks down.

#stickit2cancer
                Go Nooks!

Comment

NMU takes it 2-1 in OT with a deflection as the NMU powerplay expires.
                  Good game by the boys.
                  Get'em tomorrow.

Go Nooks!

Comment

I hate NMU. At least Ferris was idle and Huntsville lost.

Comment

Probably not ideal to have our two week road trip down the stretch as we fight for a playoff spot, but it is what it is. After getting swept by NMU we head to Bemidji for a Thursday/Friday series. Then back home for our final series against UAA.

Maybe not mathematically, but in a practical sense, if we win one of last four games we are probably in the playoffs (unless FSU sweeps MSU and then LSSU sweeps FSU). If we win two then we’re in. Any best of three series will be tough for us, but definitely would rather not see MSU until it is a one game take all.

Hoping for a split at Bemidji. We’ve been playing everybody tough but can’t seem to get over the hump. And we can’t take UAA lightly. They have nothing to play for except a little pride in taking us out of the playoffs if that option is still on the table the last weekend. Regardless, taking a game or two from us in Mantha’s last series would probably be the high point of their season.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                        SU sweeps FSU). And we can’t take UAA lightly. They have nothing to play for except a little pride in taking us out of the playoffs if that option is still on the table the last weekend. Regardless, taking a game or two from us in Mantha’s last series would probably be the high point of their season.
                        Meh. It should be an easy 4 points for the Nanooks. And I'm not sure Mantha will play both games anyway. He's a bit burned out, in my opinion. Too much of this season has been on his shoulders. Our 3rd string backup is playing pretty good right now, and it's nice to see him get some ice time. (Our 2nd string goalie was injured pre-season and has been out all year).

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                          Meh. It should be an easy 4 points for the Nanooks. And I'm not sure Mantha will play both games anyway. He's a bit burned out, in my opinion. Too much of this season has been on his shoulders. Our 3rd string backup is playing pretty good right now, and it's nice to see him get some ice time. (Our 2nd string goalie was injured pre-season and has been out all year).
                          Regulation and first OT wins are worth 3 points per game. Assuming you think the Nooks will sweep and not have anyovertime games, I just wanted to clarify.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            I’m sure Mantha will play Saturday since it’s his last game. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of your other guys on Friday, though.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                              Regulation and first OT wins are worth 3 points per game. Assuming you think the Nooks will sweep and not have anyovertime games, I just wanted to clarify.
                              Thanks for pointing that out, yes I think the Nooks will sweep.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                I’m sure Mantha will play Saturday since it’s his last game. Wouldn’t be surprised to see one of your other guys on Friday, though.
                                We only have two healthy goalies.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X